(Casey) Be mad at prosecution not jury

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by EddieMac View Post
    Maybe, but that is why there is differing opinions. I, for one, think she is guilty as sin.
    That maybe right there is why they couldn't convict her on any of the murder charges. Someone in the family did it, that much is certain but I don't think we as the general public can be sure of who it is. Everyone tends to believe it was Casey because she was a terrible mother and she was the one the media focused all the negative attention towards. Had this case been brought against her father, you might feel the same way against him

Comment

Originally posted by EddieMac View Post
      Yes but you have to put the totality of all these little pieces together. That is why it is circumstantial. You have to put it all together and let it tell you the story.

No you cannot convict on a smell. But in persepective, the smell, in her car, pieced with the death of her daughter and no explanation as to what could have caused the smell by her. Then you look at the body found, and it was buried in a manner that her family used to bury old family pets, where she was present and saw. You see, it is putting it together and seeing the whole picture, and no analysing each little bit alone. A rose by any other smell....is still a rose.

The evidence was there to convict, it appears. It just had to to be put together and a picture painted by the prosecution. It wasn't. That is why she was found not guilty.

No that is the point the evidence was not their to convict and the 12 man/woman jury had no joice. The jump from something happened and she covered it up to she cold bloodly murdered her kid was too much. If it wasn't ,12 of us would've . do you honestly think they wanted to let her off. IMo they had no choice , beyond reasonable doubt means you pretty much know who, where, why, when , and how. None of these were realisticly proven let alone one. How do you blame the jury, The prosecutor knew the evidence or lack ther of going in . Many of us can talk and try and convince each other of a lot of things but that don't make those things fact.
      My Boss is a Jewish Carpenter

Comment

Originally posted by CanDB View Post
        One of the legal assessments of this case was that it needed a professional jury, one that could connect the dots......this jury, for whatever reason, apparently was expecting someone to connect the dots for them.

As an aside, if any of them are parents, I am not sure how they could explain the behaviour of a mother who is out partying given the situation with her child. Haven't heard the jury's opinions on that, but if a child's life is in jeopardy, the parents' lives would immediately freeze. There is not a more difficult situation one could face as a parent, in my opinion.
        A professional jury? No a jury of the piers. They got that. I'm sure they wanted to connect the dots but that wasn't up to them that was up to prosecution who left a big void between something happened to first degree murder and charged it anyway knowing the facts. That is prosecutions fault not jurys. Are 12 men and women, honest citizens supposed to go against the law when they are told reasonable doubt. I dont think so. They did what they had to and i'm sure they haited it but they were put in the position, they didn't ask for it.

Professional Jury, are you paying them, then I guess you'll get your verdict and a honest jury should go home.

One thing everybody should realize also is that the jury was sequesterred they werent seeing shows like nancy grace or the scenes of courtroom when they weren't there, that was the public. They were strictly on the facts. Facts and the decision of charging are the prosecutions responsibility

By the way I'm a parent.
        Last edited by FL BRONCO; 07-08-2011, 10:15 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by FL BRONCO View Post
          A professional jury? No a jury of the piers. They got that. I'm sure they wanted to connect the dots but that wasn't up to them that was up to prosecution who left a big void between something happened to first degree murder and charged it anyway knowing the facts. That is prosecutions fault not jurys. Are 12 men and women, honest citizens supposed to go against the law when they are told reasonable doubt. I dont think so. They did what they had to and i'm sure they haited it but they were put in the position, they didn't ask for it.

Professional Jury, are you paying them, then I guess you'll get your verdict and a honest jury should go home.

One thing everybody should realize also is that the jury was sequesterred they werent seeing shows like nancy grace or the scenes of courtroom when they weren't there, that was the public. They were strictly on the facts. Facts and the decision of charging are the prosecutions responsibility

By the way I'm a parent.
          hey.....just stating what I heard/saw/observed......as for the parent thing, what do you conclude from what she did?

Comment

Originally posted by CanDB View Post
            hey.....just stating what I heard/saw/observed......as for the parent thing, what do you conclude from what she did?
            I think that something happened and I don't know what but she knows and this is DISCUSTING what is happening. She is getting off on a bunch of lies and no one may ever know what really happend and the childs life isn't replacable

Comment

Further to what Can said. That is the same point I made. The jury needed to be educated more by the prosecution. In their summation and through the Judge in giving the jury direction. That was overlooked and thus, a not guilty verdict was found.

Very sad.
              sigpic

Comment

Working...
              X