X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• beastlyskronk
    replied
    Originally posted by Bronco51 View Post
    You can't manufacture evidence. They used what they had. The girl lies about her daughters whereabouts and waits 31 damn days to report her missing. That is all the evidence I need. The girl was 2......not 22. If she drowned in the pool, why try to make it look like murder? If she drowned in the pool, why not report it immediately? The girl is guilty as sin and she will get hers in the end. The jury did as they were instructed, so be it. Hopefully a civil suit will be filed where she has to testify. And thank the Lord Florida has a law where whatever profits she makes off the trial, she has to pay back the state for the cost of the trial. Casey is a repugnant pig and I hope she is haunted by her daughters memory for the rest of her life.
    A pathological liar lying about her daughter's whereabouts means nothing. Her waiting 31 days to report her missing does not mean she murdered her. All that means is that she's a terrible mother.

The prosecutor based his whole case on a photograph and he admitted such in an interview (not his exact words but that's what was implied). He needed some concrete evidence, the picture of the body wasn't going to answer any of the questions the jurors had.

Leave a comment:

• canadiansbronco
    replied
    Originally posted by FL BRONCO View Post
    This is my opinion and my lil rant. Here in Central Fl area and elsewhere from what I've seen of interviews on National Television, People are pissed at the jury. They are even scared for themselves and family.

This to me is ridiculous. They had to follow the letter of the law and they did. They are honest citizens put in a bad situation by the prosecution trying this case.

Now look at the Prosecutor. He brings a weak circumstantial case to court with more questions (When, How, Why) then answers. He is a veteran prosecutor and Assistant DA. No one can convince me he didn't know how weak his case was when he brought it to Grand Jury.

It may have been enough circumstantial to get it through the grand jury and get an endictment but not enough hard evidence to warrant a charge of premeditated murder conviction.

He brings in a weak case and thrusts himself and his people into the national spotlight then retires when its done. Do you think there will be a book or interviews or both coming from him soon.

With all the pressure on Casey and the family here in Fl. If he had justnot charged her for a while and tried to keep up the pressure I think it would've gotten to the family and casey and she would've opened her mouth to someone down the line and they could've gotten a conviction. Maybe more info would've come out in the mean time.

Instead he rushes a bad case into court without the evidence and the lack of evidence gets her a not guilty plea so now because of Double Jeopardy she can never be tried again for it no matter what comes out later.

IMO all these people that are mad at the jury are directing there anger at the jurors are doing it in the wrong place. Were they suppose to convict her for murder when they had reasonable doubt. That is not what the law asked them to do.

IMO this falls solely in the prosecutors lap and people should get off of the jury's case.

I know this probably won't be a popular opinion but its mine and I just wanted to rant.
    I have to agree, i still think she is guilty but i really think this verdict is the prosecutor fault

I am not a law expert but i do know that you cant charge somebody with some weak ``well if she didnt call it in it means she is guilty`` evidence

You need motive and hard evidence wich they didn't have

The worst part in this case is that we will never know what happened to the little girl

Leave a comment:

• SBboundBRONCOS
    replied
    Originally posted by Bronco51 View Post
    You can't manufacture evidence. They used what they had. The girl lies about her daughters whereabouts and waits 31 damn days to report her missing. That is all the evidence I need. The girl was 2......not 22. If she drowned in the pool, why try to make it look like murder? If she drowned in the pool, why not report it immediately? The girl is guilty as sin and she will get hers in the end. The jury did as they were instructed, so be it. Hopefully a civil suit will be filed where she has to testify. And thank the Lord Florida has a law where whatever profits she makes off the trial, she has to pay back the state for the cost of the trial. Casey is a repugnant pig and I hope she is haunted by her daughters memory for the rest of her life.
    im not sure how that is evidence more like stupidity, it makes her look guilty but it certainly doesnt prove anything either. again i know i didnt watch the whole trial . . . did you?

Leave a comment:

• Bronco51
    replied

Leave a comment:

• SBboundBRONCOS
    replied
    this stuff should not be put on TV in any shape or form . . . its ridiculous the following this lady has and now if jurors feel they are in danger i think that completely crosses the line

do i think shes guilty, yes . . . but i didnt hear/see all the evidence and i doubt 99% of people that are angry at this trial did either. therefor if there was some sort of reasonable doubt in their minds they had every right and obligation to find her innocent.

so yes blame the prosecution for not proving it beyond that reasonable doubt

Leave a comment:

• FL BRONCO
    started a topic (Casey) Be mad at prosecution not jury

(Casey) Be mad at prosecution not jury

This is my opinion and my lil rant. Here in Central Fl area and elsewhere from what I've seen of interviews on National Television, People are pissed at the jury. They are even scared for themselves and family.

This to me is ridiculous. They had to follow the letter of the law and they did. They are honest citizens put in a bad situation by the prosecution trying this case.

Now look at the Prosecutor. He brings a weak circumstantial case to court with more questions (When, How, Why) then answers. He is a veteran prosecutor and Assistant DA. No one can convince me he didn't know how weak his case was when he brought it to Grand Jury.

It may have been enough circumstantial to get it through the grand jury and get an endictment but not enough hard evidence to warrant a charge of premeditated murder conviction.

He brings in a weak case and thrusts himself and his people into the national spotlight then retires when its done. Do you think there will be a book or interviews or both coming from him soon.

With all the pressure on Casey and the family here in Fl. If he had justnot charged her for a while and tried to keep up the pressure I think it would've gotten to the family and casey and she would've opened her mouth to someone down the line and they could've gotten a conviction. Maybe more info would've come out in the mean time.

Instead he rushes a bad case into court without the evidence and the lack of evidence gets her a not guilty plea so now because of Double Jeopardy she can never be tried again for it no matter what comes out later.

IMO all these people that are mad at the jury are directing there anger at the jurors are doing it in the wrong place. Were they suppose to convict her for murder when they had reasonable doubt. That is not what the law asked them to do.

IMO this falls solely in the prosecutors lap and people should get off of the jury's case.

I know this probably won't be a popular opinion but its mine and I just wanted to rant.
    Last edited by FL BRONCO; 07-07-2011, 01:07 PM.
Working...
X