Fourth Moon found orbiting Pluto

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Fourth Moon found orbiting Pluto

It's so small i'm surprised they were able to spot it.

http://cosmiclog.msnbc.msn.com/_news...moon?gt1=43001
    I really like Cheese.

Originally posted by darth-hideous View Post
    It's so small i'm surprised they were able to spot it.

http://cosmiclog.msnbc.msn.com/_news...moon?gt1=43001
    Does that make it a planet again?
    "Stultum est timere quod vitare non potes." ~ Publilius Syrus

Comment

lol...

YAY!!!!!!!!!!

Comment

Awesome find. It always amazed how much detail is right in this solar system.
        Brock you like a hurricane!
        sigpic
        Think of a bigger, stronger, more handsome Eli Manning.... That's Fargo.

Comment

So we have four moons orbiting a "non-planet" and there's at least 3 planets with less moons. Scientists need to get their act straight & name Pluto a planet again. It's weird currently only having 8
          "Happiness is just an illusion, filled with sadness and confusion." Jimmy Ruffin

Comment

Originally posted by HUMCALC View Post
            So we have four moons orbiting a "non-planet" and there's at least 3 planets with less moons. Scientists need to get their act straight & name Pluto a planet again. It's weird currently only having 8
            It also ruins the mnemonic we were taught in Elementary School to help us remember the order of the planets; "My Very Educated Mother Just Served Us Nine" doesn't make any sense (and is an incomplete sentence! Horrors!) without "Pizzas" at the end!

Comment

Originally posted by MileHighInNY View Post
              It also ruins the mnemonic we were taught in Elementary School to help us remember the order of the planets; "My Very Educated Mother Just Served Us Nine" doesn't make any sense (and is an incomplete sentence! Horrors!) without "Pizzas" at the end!
              Pizzas is so much better they always taught us Pies. I would gladly take pizza over pie. I like pizzaa.. *drool*

Adopted Broncos:
              (2011-2013) Eric Decker
              (2014-2018) Bradley Roby
              (2019-Current) Drew Lock
              Adopted posters:
              Everyone

Comment

If we're naming Pluto a planet then we have to name Eris a planet also.

EITHER WAY YOUR MNEMONIC IS SCREWED

Comment

Originally posted by #87Birdman View Post
                  Pizzas is so much better they always taught us Pies. I would gladly take pizza over pie. I like pizzaa.. *drool*
                  So would I
                  "Happiness is just an illusion, filled with sadness and confusion." Jimmy Ruffin

Comment

We don't "have" to do nothing we do not want to do. Eris can pound rocks.
                    Ask me about My Jesus and how to have a relationship with Him.

Red Sox Mafia RLF4 Life! Boston 617 Strong!
                    sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Southstander View Post
                      We don't "have" to do nothing we do not want to do. Eris can pound rocks.
                      What, are you a globist?

Just because Eris isn't in the neighborhood that Pluto - Mercury is in we're going to ignore it?

I welcome all planets/dwarf planets equally and openly.

Comment

Originally posted by PowderAddict View Post
                        If we're naming Pluto a planet then we have to name Eris a planet also.

EITHER WAY YOUR MNEMONIC IS SCREWED
                        We could change it to say "Nine Kielbasas", to learn the order as Jupiter, Saturn, Uranus, Neptune, Kuiper Belt, I guess.

It is fascinating that they've solved the whole "Planet X" mystery, which was so fascinating to 8-year-old me!

Comment

Originally posted by samparnell View Post
                          Does that make it a planet again?
                          No, Plutos problem is it crosses orbits with another planet, it hast to have a clear orbit.
                          sigpic
                          I Adopt #77 well damn!
                          Milla Da QB Killa' #77
                          Fox Rocks #77

Comment

Originally posted by #87Birdman View Post
                            Actually, when I first learned it, my teacher (who was a big fan of all things outer space) taught it as "My Very Educated Mother Just Served Us Nine Pizza Pies"--the second "P" standing for Planet X. She was absolutely convinced that something else was out there and would be found orbiting the sun beyond Pluto (looks like she was right!). So I had both Pizza and Pies!

Comment

Originally posted by Garywolf001 View Post
                              No, Plutos problem is it crosses orbits with another planet, it hast to have a clear orbit.
                              Right, and if we get rid of that requirement to vindicate Pluto, then things get really crazy because, in addition to Eris and all the other plutoids, we probably also need to consider Ceres as a planet, which puts a "C" between Mars and Jupiter and REALLY screws up the mnemonic!

Comment

Working...
                              X