Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Care to get eaten by a shark?

http://news.yahoo.com/photos/whale-s...ideshow/#crsl=

Pretty awesome experience, if you ask me. But I'm pretty sure it wasn't so great at that particular moment.
    "You can't take the sky from me..."
    ------
    "You can't shake the Devil's hand and say you're only kidding"

Whale Sharks aren't capable of eating humans or any mammal for that matter. It'd be like trying to fit a piano through a small window. I guess it'd be kind of fun to get ate by that type of shark. Great Whites? No.
    Last edited by Amari24; 07-24-2011, 08:36 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Javalon View Post
      http://news.yahoo.com/photos/whale-s...ideshow/#crsl=

Pretty awesome experience, if you ask me. But I'm pretty sure it wasn't so great at that particular moment.
      wow!! that is some awesome photograghy

Comment

That's the type of thing I have nightmares about. I've always wondered about that!
        sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Amari24 View Post
          Whale Sharks aren't capable of eating humans or any mammal for that matter. It'd be like trying to fit a piano through a small window. I guess it'd be kind of fun to get ate by that type of shark. Great Whites? No.
          You know it, I know it, and I'm sure the diver knew it. But I'll be he still wet his wetsuit to be staring right into the gaping maw of that shark!
          "You can't take the sky from me..."
          ------
          "You can't shake the Devil's hand and say you're only kidding"

Comment

I love that first photograph. I remember reading about this yesterday on Yahoo and thought how awesome it was that the dude is swimming with an animal the size of a house.

Comment

Jaws need s to see this.
              Ask me about My Jesus and how to have a relationship with Him.

Red Sox Mafia RLF4 Life! Boston 617 Strong!
              sigpic

Comment

One of several reasons the Ocean is creeping up my list of things I'm most afraid of. It'll be overtaking Spiders if that ever happens to me. I don't care if it can eat me or not. I might take being eaten by a great white over being crushed to death and drown by a whale shark.

Comment

The only death I could imagine being worse for me is being squeezed to death by a snake
                  "Happiness is just an illusion, filled with sadness and confusion." Jimmy Ruffin

Comment

Whale sharks are filter feeders, which means they take in mouthfuls of water and strain out the plankton, so there is no danger of getting crushed or bitten by them. I've also read that a whale shark's throat is about the size of a quarter, so no danger of being swallowed either. Swimming with a whale shark is on my bucket list!
                    sigpic

Comment

Wow. That is insane. Flesh eating or not, if that were me I'd more then just wet my suit.
                      *2011 BCMB Locker Room Division I League Champion*
                      *Voted; 2013 & 2015 BCMBA's Scariest Mod*
                      *Voted; 2014 BCMBA's Best Avi and Most Friendly*

Comment

Working...
                      X