Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Southstander View Post
    US dollar v Canada Dollar is scary. Remember when the CD was worth $0.48
    Yes I do. But when you factor in safety the conversion means nothing. It seems that everyday I read a story about some more American'ts being jacked, kidnapped, killed or something else. Mexico is close, and cheap, but scares me right now,
    *2011 BCMB Locker Room Division I League Champion*
    *Voted; 2013 & 2015 BCMBA's Scariest Mod*
    *Voted; 2014 BCMBA's Best Avi and Most Friendly*

Comment

Originally posted by ebsoria View Post
      Yes I do. But when you factor in safety the conversion means nothing. It seems that everyday I read a story about some more American'ts being jacked, kidnapped, killed or something else. Mexico is close, and cheap, but scares me right now,
      I would not go to Mexico for all the Pesos in Mexico.
      Ask me about My Jesus and how to have a relationship with Him.

Red Sox Mafia RLF4 Life! Boston 617 Strong!
      sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Southstander View Post
        I would not go to Mexico for all the Pesos in Mexico.
        That's what I'm telling my wife. And her response? "They have an all inclusive to Cabo for $900 per person. We just have to get there." Not that it's a good thing, but we'd eat and DRINK more then $900!!

Comment

Done deal Can. Hey... while we're at it, any all inclusive resorts near you? The wifey and I have a few bucks we want to spend for our 2nd and Mexico is kinda scary right now.
          Nothing too close to me, but there are a lot of great Canadian locations to go to (not sure about all inclusives):

- British Columbia has many, many beautiful destinations (not too cheap however)
          - Nova Scotia is charming
          - Manitoba (my home) has one of the best beaches in the world (Grand Beach), and a lot of fabulous lake country...wait a year or two, and our Zoo will be new and improved with a big Polar Bear venue, and we'll open the Human Rights Museum, which will be an international gem. Then you should come, and rent a cottage for a couple of weeks at one of these special little resorts....maybe even come here in a couple of months and go to Churchill, where you will be driven where the Polar Bears live.
          - The other provinces have great places as well.....I just mentioned my personal favs.....Ontario folks will dump on me for not mentioning Toronto and Niagara Falls and their lake country and so much more and......well, they would be right!

As for the dollar......ours is slightly higher than yours right now, but you'd probably get "par" here. As for a 48 cent dollar, well, not sure our dollar ever dropped below 60-65 cents or so, but who's counting???

Comment

Originally posted by CanDB View Post
            Nothing too close to me, but there are a lot of great Canadian locations to go to (not sure about all inclusives):

- British Columbia has many, many beautiful destinations (not too cheap however)
            - Manitoba (my home) has one of the best beaches in the world (Grand Beach), and a lot of fabulous lake country...wait a year or two, and our Zoo will be new and improved with a big Polar Bear venue, and we'll open the Human Rights Museum, which will be an international gem. Then you should come, and rent a cottage for a couple of weeks at one of these special little resorts....maybe even come here in a couple of months and go to Churchill, where you will be driven where the Polar Bears live.
            - The other provinces have great places as well.....I just mentioned my personal favs.....Ontario folks will dump on me for not mentioning Toronto and Niagara Falls and their lake country and so much more and......well, they would be right!

As for the dollar......ours is slightly higher than yours right now, but you'd probably get "par" here. As for a 48 cent dollar, well, not sure our dollar ever dropped below 60-65 cents or so, but who's counting???
            It's all about being close to you so we could hang out one night for a good meal.

I'll share with the wifey and let her decide what to do.

Comment

It's all about being close to you so we could hang out one night for a good meal.

I'll share with the wifey and let her decide what to do.
              SMART MAN!!!!!!!

Funny thing....if every summer was like this summer I'd promote this place even more.....a cottage by one of our lakes/beaches.....beautiful weather (it's been sunny and in the mid 80s / almost every day since June), and few mosquitoes all summer. Plus we have our share of gorgeous ladies, great beer and....... it's a friendly place!!

Comment

You forgot Québec city my friend ! (voted one of the places to see in a lifetime)
                Just tchek out http://www.quebecregion.com/en for more info.

Friendly place, great restaurants to choose from (like one of the best tables selection in the east). lost of sightseeing to do (historic sites, hiking, bars etc.) The city is kida of built for tourist I'd say
                Last edited by Louich; 08-16-2011, 12:17 PM.
                Canadian Denver Bronco Fan #7

Adopted Broncos:
                -:Mr. Decker:-

Comment

(edited for funny purposes)

I'll share the wifey and let her decide what to do.
                  Damn Can he sure likes you ! lol

Adopted Broncos:

Comment

Originally posted by Louich View Post
                    You forgot Québec city my friend ! (voted one of the places to see in a lifetime)
                    Just tchek out http://www.quebecregion.com/en for more info.

Friendly place, great restaurants to choose from (like one of the best tables selection in the east). lost of sightseeing to do (historic sites, hiking, bars etc.) The city is kida of built for tourist I'd say
                    Sorry L.....I have painted a bigger picture of all the wonders of Canada way back, but decided to tighten up this time. I've been to Montreal, and it was pretty sweet (went to a Habs game, ate at some great restaurants, and enjoyed the design, culture and viewing (pretty ladies!!!!!)). I haven't been to Quebec City, but my wife has (before we met) and she has a painting from there. I understand it is a fabulous place to visit!

Lets put it this way my friend.....I luv all of Canada!!!

Comment

What is ABF?
                      "Happiness is just an illusion, filled with sadness and confusion." Jimmy Ruffin

Comment

Originally posted by Louich View Post
                        (edited for funny purposes)

Damn Can he sure likes you ! lol
                        Yeah, I meant I'd share with the wifey.

Comment

:logo: :logo: :logo: :logo: :logo:

Comment

Done deal Can. Hey... while we're at it, any all inclusive resorts near you? The wifey and I have a few bucks we want to spend for our 2nd and Mexico is kinda scary right now.
                            The mosquitos are far scarier in Manitoba than anything the Mexican have to offer

and if you are looking at BC, or ALberta I can point you in the right direction.
                            sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by EddieMac View Post
                              The mosquitos are far scarier in Manitoba than anything the Mexican have to offer

and if you are looking at BC, or ALberta I can point you in the right direction.
                              This is "the year" EM!!!!! Hardly any mosquitoes all summer!!!! Mostly sunny, very warm, and remarkably dry.....we broke a record for July precipitation in Winnipeg - 10 mms or 0.4 of an inch!!!!!

This was definitely "the summer" to hit the Manitoba beaches, go for walks in the evening and pretty much do anything you like.......including watering your lawn!!! (if you like that sort of thing)

Comment

Sorry L.....I have painted a bigger picture of all the wonders of Canada way back, but decided to tighten up this time. I've been to Montreal, and it was pretty sweet (went to a Habs game, ate at some great restaurants, and enjoyed the design, culture and viewing (pretty ladies!!!!!)). I haven't been to Quebec City, but my wife has (before we met) and she has a painting from there. I understand it is a fabulous place to visit!

Lets put it this way my friend.....I luv all of Canada!!!
                                welcome to the club ! (I dot get the separatist argument...anyways)

I was just trying to finish your painting lol

MTl is cool but has nothing to do with Qc (as far as achitectural design, culture) Oh forgot the pretty ladys ! I can say without being ashamed we have on of the best ratio in the world here (dont know why but put your money on it). People from everywhere confirm the statement! (thing is they are more difficult on the approach than elsewhere, kind of Amazones style loll)

For my part my next stop is BC ! (hopefully sometimes next year) So on my way there I'll try to drop and have a cold one ! lol

Adopted Broncos:

Comment

Working...
                                X