Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

The French concede Lance Armstrong is unbeatable in their own race!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

That's a bunch of bull. He's already on equal footing. I don't think it makes sense to make the race easier right? Because than Lance will have an easier time.

In a sense, they're admiting that they can't beat Lance at an event of their devising.

sigpic

Sig made by me. Click top sig to view my Graphics Portfolio.

There are three things you can expect in life:

1. Death
    2. Taxes
    3. The Ball Being Picked Off by Champ Bailey

Comment

Originally posted by Snk16
      That's a bunch of bull. He's already on equal footing. I don't think it makes sense to make the race easier right? Because than Lance will have an easier time.

In a sense, they're admiting that they can't beat Lance at an event of their devising.
      I don't know if they want to make the race easier or not... But Lance (and almost every winner of the Tour de France) always makes the difference in mountains days... So, the easier is it, the less difference there will be at the end... That's why may be some people think the race could be more exciting...

My point is that "easier" or not, Lance will win the Tour because he's the best. Period.
      He's one of the best racer ever, he's in good shape, he has experience and he is well prepared...

"In a sense, they're admiting that they can't beat Lance at an event of their devising" --> Well, if you look at the 6 last Tour, I think you don't even have to admit that... It's so obvious !

Who can beat Lance ? Ullrich ? LMFAO... Basso ? Too young... Vinokourov ?
      No... None of them can... If you watched what happened last saturday, I think you have an anwser.. Don't you think so ?
      Just talk slowly please... I'm French

GO BRONCOS

(Sig made by Snk16)

(thousands of bisous for Thundergirl, une fille du tonnerre !!!)

My adoptee-a-fan are THE GIRLIES :kiss:

Comment

Well it's nothin new to lance they always change the course and some decision in the changes is the dominance of lance. That being told barring an injury I'd say lance goes out on top. No matter where lance is once it gets to the mountains it's game over.
        Last edited by Booher; 07-04-2005, 09:07 AM.
        Go Broncos, Capitals, and Orioles

Thanks SNK16

Comment

Originally posted by rcsodak
          NJ, you are the epitome of anti-fun. In an attempt to throw out our chests and say the rest of the world has to 'cheat' in order to keep up with our Texan (specifically the wench), you have to voice your disconcerning opine. You're becoming more and more like aardwolf.
          I realize living on the left coast must really suck, but how 'bout getting off of this downer crappola.......

....and enjoy freakin' life!

Have a beer!
          It seems to me that NJ is the only one pointing out that the course changes are nothing new, and is being rational about it. It changes every year, just about. And considering Armstrong isn't even sure he will compete this year, its really a stretch to say that this was instituted just for him.

And they would have to eliminate all foreigners from entering to have a Frenchman win (sorry, frenchie, but it's true).

Everybody's gotta elevate from the norm...

The greatest list of music I don't own on CD :sad:
          You should check these guys out

Comment

Originally posted by Jared
            And they would have to eliminate all foreigners from entering to have a Frenchman win (sorry, frenchie, but it's true).
            LOL... No offense... It's almost true... ... That's a good joke...
            Since Bernard Hinault, there is no great French racer who would be able to win the Tour... Hopefully, we had Virenque for the mountain jersey... LOL.

You're right about the race... The changes are not all about Lance... (indeed, as you said, Lance wasn't sure to come to compete this year)...
            And after all, why complain ? You've got the luck to have such an athlete... So, why do you care about the race ? Easier or not, Lance still has the best chances to win... Don't you agree ?

GO BRONCOS

(Sig made by Snk16)

Comment

Don't look now.....but lance will be in YELLOW tomorrow.

Thanks SNK16

Comment

Originally posted by Booher
                Don't look now.....but lance will be in YELLOW tomorrow.
                True....

GO BRONCOS

(Sig made by Snk16)

Comment

Originally posted by frenchfan
                  True....

well he tried to not wear the yellow out of respect for a fallen competitor .But the race officials made him.....

Thanks SNK16

Comment

Originally posted by Booher
                    well he tried to not wear the yellow out of respect for a fallen competitor .But the race officials made him.....
                    Yep... Officials didn't respect a tradition that you don't wear the yellow after havinh it because of a fallen competitor... That sucks... But it's just a question of money I guess...

Lance is not in yellow anymore... I think it's just tactical... You've got less pressure when you're not in yellow...

GO BRONCOS

(Sig made by Snk16)

Comment

I think regardless of rule changes, the best rider will win the race. Just like the best team wins the superbowl ('cept when the Broncos don't win )

The earth is but one country and mankind it's citizens
                      Baha'u'llah

"Everyone takes turns making mistakes in poker. The trick is to skip your turn."
                      Mike Caro

"The all-in play works every time but once"

You can observe a lot just by watching.
                      Yogi Berra

every year.

Comment

Originally posted by Uula Bear
                        I think regardless of rule changes, the best rider will win the race. Just like the best team wins the superbowl ('cept when the Broncos don't win )
                        I fully agree ! ... Wise post !

GO BRONCOS

(Sig made by Snk16)

Comment

i hope his team just had a bad day..... cause they left him out to dry....alone
                          sigpic
                          when do native Americans become human and not mascots

Comment

Working...
                          X