Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Not Late At Night.........

This is just a suggestion......

If you treasure your sleep, do not open potentially sensitive looking emails or other messaging types, reports (ie. stocks), and so on, or initiate phone calls (texts etc.) of this nature late into the evening/night. I've made that mistake over the years, and though not too frequently experienced, to this day I do my best to look the other way, until the next morn at least.......when I am ready to move mountains and take my chances.

BTW.....that goes for this site as well......not the part about checking in, but the part that involves getting too involved in a subject that may go south in a hurry.

On that note, another thought or two.....

1) Unless you are a happy drinker, be careful about interacting here after "indulging".
    2) Similar to the general rule out there about not sending a memo/letter/email/whatever when you are angry or ticked in some way, until at least the next day........that advice is especially relevant to posting here. Regrettable comments are sometimes made when someone is emotional or under duress.

Enough old man advice for now......

:thumb:

*a member reads the above, and thinks, "a general rule.....never read CanDB's posts.....anytime!!!"*

Originally posted by CanDB View Post
    This is just a suggestion......

If you treasure your sleep, do not open potentially sensitive looking emails or other messaging types, reports (ie. stocks), and so on, or initiate phone calls (texts etc.) of this nature late into the evening/night. I've made that mistake over the years, and though not too frequently experienced, to this day I do my best to look the other way, until the next morn at least.......when I am ready to move mountains and take my chances.

BTW.....that goes for this site as well......not the part about checking in, but the part that involves getting too involved in a subject that may go south in a hurry.

On that note, another thought or two.....

1) Unless you are a happy drinker, be careful about interacting here after "indulging".
    2) Similar to the general rule out there about not sending a memo/letter/email/whatever when you are angry or ticked in some way, until at least the next day........that advice is especially relevant to posting here. Regrettable comments are sometimes made when someone is emotional or under duress.

Enough old man advice for now......

*a member reads the above, and thinks, "a general rule.....never read CanDB's posts.....anytime!!!"*
    I've done that once or twice and...well...made some very unusual posts to say the least.
    sigpic
    Sig pic by dbfan2007

Originally posted by kishzilla
    You truly are a special kind of strange ha ha ha.
    You damn right!

Songs engineered, mixed, and mastered by yours truly...
    Have It All - Blu3
    Conceited - Blu3
    Intro (Failure Meets Success) - Blu3
    All On You - Blu3

Comment

Originally posted by Foez View Post
      I've done that once or twice and...well...made some very unusual posts to say the least.
      I did it once, after having received a minor infraction, and sent two pms to the mod instead of one. I wasn't sure the first one was received so I got a little goofy. I was sort of happy (after having a few drinks with my buds) but the infraction changed my mood........I did apologize (but should have followed my own advice that night)

Comment

Yeah it would probably be a very bad idea to post or send a PM after a few drinks and in a bad mood lol.
        sigpic
        Sig pic by dbfan2007

Originally posted by kishzilla
        You truly are a special kind of strange ha ha ha.
        You damn right!

Songs engineered, mixed, and mastered by yours truly...
        Have It All - Blu3
        Conceited - Blu3
        Intro (Failure Meets Success) - Blu3
        All On You - Blu3

Comment

I have posted in the wee hours, after drinking and as soon as I got up ran to the computer thinking...."did I really say that?"

I cannot count the number of posts I have read, hit reply and started typing madly, only to stop read my response and then back out and not post.
          sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by EddieMac View Post
            I have posted in the wee hours, after drinking and as soon as I got up ran to the computer thinking...."did I really say that?"

I cannot count the number of posts I have read, hit reply and started typing madly, only to stop read my response and then back out and not post.
            I have yet to see anything close to "weird" from you, and even if you did, you are so far ahead in points (sort of like =/-), it would take a whole lot of those ones to even make me think twice.

Comment

LOL they were very few and far between but there are a couple. I think i might have slipped under the radar on those fortunately
              sigpic

Comment

Kinda like posting the same thing 3 times in a row... I have half a mind to report you as a spambot now...
                :usa: *** God Bless Our Military Men And Women*** :usa:

sigpic
                Adopted Bronco 2015 CJ Anderson

Comment

Originally posted by Frenchy180 View Post
                  Kinda like posting the same thing 3 times in a row... I have half a mind to report you as a spambot now...
                  LOl and there we go. Hit send and it was slow so hit the button alot and went to work.. Stoooopid....

I mean...what are you taking about Frenchy? There you go causing trouble again. I never was a spambot...

I'm telling on you.

and yes to the bolded part!!

Last edited by EddieMac; 08-20-2011, 05:07 PM. Reason: covering butt.
                  sigpic

Comment

Working...
                  X