Dog mourns death of fallen Navy Seal

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Dog mourns death of fallen Navy Seal

Came across this and thought I'd share it.
    We all know about the 30 american soldiers that was killed on Aug.6 in Afghan.
    On of which(Jon Tumilson U.S Navy Seal) funeral was recently held.

At his funeral his dog Hawkeye walks up to his casket and lays down at the feet of his "family member" or "father". As Jon friends and family said Hawkeye was not a pet to Jon, but like a son.

Jon and the other 29 troops, will live in our hearts.

http://news.yahoo.com/blogs/lookout/...175219915.html

Jon Tumilson, a Navy SEAL, was one of 30 Americans killed in Afghanistan on Aug. 6 when a rocket-propelled grenade took out a U.S. Chinook helicopter. He was mourned at a service in Rockford, Iowa, attended by 1,500 family members, friends--and Hawkeye, Tumilson's dog.
    The Labrador retriever was such an important part of Tumilson's life that the friends and family of the San Diego resident called the dog his "son."
    When Tumilson's friend Scott Nichols walked to the front of the room to speak, Hawkeye followed, Today.com reports. "As Nichols prepared to memorialize his friend, Hawkeye dutifully laid down near the casket," Scott Stump writes.
    A video clip of the mourning dog can be seen here. KIMT-TV of Mason City, Iowa, covered the funeral.
    The photo on the right was taken by Tumilson's cousin, Lisa Pembleton, and posted on Facebook. Pembleton wrote on her Facebook page, "To say that he was an amazing man doesn't do him justice. The loss of Jon to his family, military family, and friends is immeasurable."
    Here is a video of Hawkeye laying at Jon's feet.
    sigpic
    Adopted Broncos:
    EmmanuelSanders

I saw that. The poor dog is heartbroken. And I can't say I blame him. Those who say animals are just pets really don't know the meaning of live. A pet becomes part of the family.
    *2011 BCMB Locker Room Division I League Champion*
    *Voted; 2013 & 2015 BCMBA's Scariest Mod*
    *Voted; 2014 BCMBA's Best Avi and Most Friendly*

Comment

Originally posted by ebsoria View Post
      I saw that. The poor dog is heartbroken. And I can't say I blame him. Those who say animals are just pets really don't know the meaning of live. A pet becomes part of the family.
      Very well said, we absolutely consider our dog "Prince" part of our family even though he can be a pain in the rear sometimes, he is family & i can't even imagine him not being here.

A dog gives unconditional love to his family no matter the situation & is always there for you. There's a reason they are considerd man's best friend.
      sigpic

Comment

Saw that yesterday on AOL news. Very sad, moving, and touching story.

RIP.

Comment

I had posted this video on facebook to honor the troops.
          A very heartwarming song.

I think people should except they're pet more as family instead of giving them the title pet.

So instead of saying, I'm getting a new pet. You could say I'm adding a new member to the family.

We are animals just like them, they have emotions, they grow bonds, they have heart.
          sigpic
          Adopted Broncos:
          EmmanuelSanders

Comment

Very sad..... This is why they are called mans best friend. Regardless of what you do right or wrong a dog will remain faithful until the very end.

It's sad but in my opinion very true that dogs are better then a lot of people in this world. Dogs are so instinctual and have no reason to act the way they do for ulterior motive.... What they do, when they do it, is legit.

I really miss my lab. We put her down a while back because she was in so much pain. I'll never forget the look of fear in her eyes when the drugs set in, nor will I forget the her last sigh of relief she breathed as the pain finally stopped.

"If there are no dogs in Heaven, then when I die I want to go where they went."
            — Will Rogers

Comment

That is so sad.

May all of our fallen RIP.
              :usa: *** God Bless Our Military Men And Women*** :usa:

sigpic

Comment

this reminds me when my dad passed away our Chihuahua was very bummed out for a couple months just sitting on the lazy boy my dad would sit on and not move at all. It's almost as if they can sense that something happened. Very sad.
                Now go get your shine box

Comment

That's really sad....

You wouldn't see a damn cat doing that.

Science Fact:
                  Dogs > Cats

Comment

Dogs Rule > Cats Drool

RIP Our Fallen Hero's
                    sigpic
                    I Adopt #77 well damn!
                    Milla Da QB Killa' #77
                    Fox Rocks #77

Comment

Very sad indeed.

Comment

Originally posted by Hoserman117 View Post
                        That's really sad....

You wouldn't see a damn cat doing that.

Science Fact:
                        Dogs > Cats
                        Nope, cats tend to get hungry in those situations....just sayin'.
                        sigpic
                        Thank you to my grandfather jetrazor for being a veteran of the armed forces!

Comment

dogs are so awesome, poor little guy

may his owner rest in peace and i gotta give thanks for what he did for our country
                          sigpic
                          -------

Comment

pets have no concept of death, only of bonding with owners

the dog is more than likely, just waiting for the guy to "wake up"

and cats are like dogs, in terms of loyalty, if you play with the cat as much as you'd play with a puppy (straight from birth....it forms a dog-like bond, it will even come to you, when called)

people try and put human feelings, onto pets......
                            sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by jcdavey View Post
                              pets have no concept of death, only of bonding with owners

the dog is more than likely, just waiting for the guy to "wake up"

and cats are like dogs, in terms of loyalty, if you play with the cat as much as you'd play with a puppy (straight from birth....it forms a dog-like bond, it will even come to you, when called)

people try and put human feelings, onto pets......
                              i completely disagree
                              sigpic
                              -------

Comment

Working...
                              X