Opinions please, E-bay question.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Opinions please, E-bay question.

As some of you may know, I collect Bronco cards. I just got this today in the mail.

A sweet card dirt cheap.

Notice the shipping costs. Four bucks.

Instead of the padded envelope I was expecting, I got a notice of postage due. My wife went and picked it up (she was getting our son from school anyway.)

I had to pay an extra $2.51. He put nothing on the envelope. Just a 'Delivery Confirmation' sticker, and wrote in red sharpie, "!!Fragile!!" on the front and back.

I got a good deal still, and I would easily have bid another $2.51 for the card. Between us, I would have gone up to 20 bucks or so. I really wanted this. Those in the Locker know why. At least those who read my stuff.

But should I blow off the extra cost, the shipping I already paid for, and leave him positive feedback? Most cards I buy on the bay are 3 bucks shipping. Many are free shipping. Four bucks is kinda high. And when you consider he charged me anything, and then made me pay it again, well, I am kinda ticked. It's just not right IMO.

Should I just be happy I got a great deal, and leave feedback that reflects that? Or should I let him, and those who look thru his feedback, potential buyers, know what happened?

I would leave negative feedback so others know what they're in for. That's just me though.
    :usa: *** God Bless Our Military Men And Women*** :usa:

sigpic
    Adopted Bronco 2015 CJ Anderson

Comment

Can you still do neutral feedback? I'm not sure its worth a negative, but you should say something.

Comment

You can contact him and tell him you are unsatisfied and will leave negative feedback if he doesn't refund some of the shipping.
        sigpic

Comment

I'd go with neutral. Just give a review that reflects how you feel, no reason not to.

Comment

Originally posted by BroncoFanNC View Post
            You can contact him and tell him you are unsatisfied and will leave negative feedback if he doesn't refund some of the shipping.
            I sent him a note. I didn't ask for money, but instead asked him why I should not change the 100% PERFECT feedback rating he currently has.

We'll see......

Just thought I'd ask the all cousin's what they would do. Thanks guys! :thumb:

Comment

I would demand the extra shipping cost be refunded, I sell on E-bay and Shipping for that cost the seller is like $1.54 or something, I forget cause it just went up. Point is he made money on shipping and you should not have to pay even more, but it also sounds like a new seller who doesn't use online shipping. Ask for money back.
              sigpic
              I Adopt #77 well damn!
              Milla Da QB Killa' #77
              Fox Rocks #77

Comment

Shipping in the US is $4.00 with Delivery Confirmation.
                It should not have cost you extra.
                Administrator

Asian American and Pacific Islander Heritage Month

Lupus Awareness Month

"a semicolon is used when an author could've chosen to end their sentence, but chose not to. The author is you and the sentence is your life ; "

Comment

Don't settle for being a Mr. Nice Guy especially when it did in fact cost you extra. I'm sure the people buying from this guy will appreciate the truth.

Comment

Originally posted by Garywolf001 View Post
                    I would demand the extra shipping cost be refunded, I sell on E-bay and Shipping for that cost the seller is like $1.54 or something, I forget cause it just went up. Point is he made money on shipping and you should not have to pay even more, but it also sounds like a new seller who doesn't use online shipping. Ask for money back.
                    Well, he's been a member since 2001. Out of a total feedback of 876, 605 is as a seller. Doesn't sound new to me.

I think he just screwed up on this & will make it right. I will give him the chance.

I know I value my feedback, and it's only as a buyer. I pay instantly, so my feedback is mostly irrelevant to most sellers. But AS a buyer, I always look at the feedback of sellers.

There's another guy the bay that has several Julius cards. I almost bought from him to combine the shipping. And his prices are good. He's got a total feedback of over 160 THOUSAND. However, he has a lot of negatives lately, and does not seem to respond or care about them. I know many buyers are impatient, and everyone seems to want to spit on someone, even if they only perceive they are getting screwed. I bet some of his negative feedback are from people who got their stuff the next day after they left that red mark.

I know that the Post Office is usually the culprit on delayed stuff. Not the seller. Experience...

Anyway, if I can help it, I wont be screwed, even if it's a small chance. I wont buy from him. I'll pay a little extra to buy from what appear to be quality/honest sellers.

I'll see what his response is, and leave appropriate feedback after that. I am more interested in his explanation than money. An apology more or less.

I still think I stole the card from him. Julius is gonna pan out. I just feel it. :thumb:

Better not let me down man......

Comment

Originally posted by JWinn View Post
                      Well, he's been a member since 2001. Out of a total feedback of 876, 605 is as a seller. Doesn't sound new to me.

I think he just screwed up on this & will make it right. I will give him the chance.

I know I value my feedback, and it's only as a buyer. I pay instantly, so my feedback is mostly irrelevant to most sellers. But AS a buyer, I always look at the feedback of sellers.

There's another guy the bay that has several Julius cards. I almost bought from him to combine the shipping. And his prices are good. He's got a total feedback of over 160 THOUSAND. However, he has a lot of negatives lately, and does not seem to respond or care about them. I know many buyers are impatient, and everyone seems to want to spit on someone, even if they only perceive they are getting screwed. I bet some of his negative feedback are from people who got their stuff the next day after they left that red mark.

I know that the Post Office is usually the culprit on delayed stuff. Not the seller. Experience...

Anyway, if I can help it, I wont be screwed, even if it's a small chance. I wont buy from him. I'll pay a little extra to buy from what appear to be quality/honest sellers.

I'll see what his response is, and leave appropriate feedback after that. I am more interested in his explanation than money. An apology more or less.

I still think I stole the card from him. Julius is gonna pan out. I just feel it. :thumb:

Better not let me down man......

that's a lot o' feedback, is it a Hong Kong seller LOL! I just can't imagine someone taking that many packages to the PO for DC stickers. I print mine offline for like $1.57 with tracking.

I would definitely demand my money back, Some E-bay buyers can be ridiculously picky, "Head on Bobble head doesn't bobble enough" or " My cordless drill did not come with a cord, there's not even a place to plug one in" LOL! But you have a valid claim that E-bay will back you up on.

I wouldn't feel like you got it cheap either, he probably has a acct with the card company and has 100 of those cards.

OH! if any Nugget fans out there I'll be selling a lot of like 50 random 90's football and baseball cards including a player set from the 96 Nuggets playoff team, like Mutumbo and Miller, if interested I can detail.
                      sigpic
                      I Adopt #77 well damn!
                      Milla Da QB Killa' #77
                      Fox Rocks #77

Comment

Originally posted by Garywolf001 View Post
                        that's a lot o' feedback, is it a Hong Kong seller LOL! I just can't imagine someone taking that many packages to the PO for DC stickers. I print mine offline for like $1.57 with tracking.

I would definitely demand my money back, Some E-bay buyers can be ridiculously picky, "Head on Bobble head doesn't bobble enough" or " My cordless drill did not come with a cord, there's not even a place to plug one in" LOL! But you have a valid claim that E-bay will back you up on.

I wouldn't feel like you got it cheap either, he probably has a acct with the card company and has 100 of those cards.

OH! if any Nugget fans out there I'll be selling a lot of like 50 random 90's football and baseball cards including a player set from the 96 Nuggets playoff team, like Mutumbo and Miller, if interested I can detail.

I hate, JUST HATE getting a cordless drill with no cord. It really pisses me off to no end!

The card is numbered, 01/49. He can't have hundreds of them. Unless your telling me something I don't know about the industry.

The guy with all that feedback is in New York.

Comment

Contact them first. If they are still jerks neg them.
                          Ask me about My Jesus and how to have a relationship with Him.

Red Sox Mafia RLF4 Life! Boston 617 Strong!
                          sigpic

Comment

Hong Kong

I got a Rod Smith card from a guy in Hong Kong once. Sweet card with a multi-color patch and multiple swatches numbered to 25.

To this day, that was by far the fastest shipping I have ever had. I got the card in two days! The puffy was covered with Chinese writing. It was really cool. It would have take me longer to GO THERE and get it myself!

You see strange things playing on the bay.

Comment

Howzit JWinn, i can tell you that i had the same experience before, and you (as a buyer) are not obligated to pay extra after the auction has closed and the fact that you have paid for the S/H price noted in the auction. It doesn't

matter if the seller made a mistake on the S/H charges, it's their faul and cannot penalize you for it. I would suggest that you just contact Ebay and notify them about the situation. I have had situations where seller's asked

me to pay extra because Hawai'i is considered Overseas, International shipping etc. Don't let them pull a fast one on you or anyone else for that matter. Anyways, that a very nice card and i hope that you get your money back. Aloha
                              HE>i

Comment

Working...
                              X