No announcement yet.

Opinions please, E-bay question.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

HeHe, yeah, I would get maybe $5 a month. Glad you got your money back, I'll admit it, I'm cheap, I would of sent you $2.51 Then again I'm also to cheap to pay someone else to do my labels but I don't sell thousands of cards, just have a good enough eye to know a curio is worth more than a buck or two, wish I knew more about china/dishes.
    sigpic
    I Adopt #77 well damn!
    Milla Da QB Killa' #77
    Fox Rocks #77

Comment

Originally posted by Garywolf001 View Post
      HeHe, yeah, I would get maybe $5 a month. Glad you got your money back, I'll admit it, I'm cheap, I would of sent you $2.51 Then again I'm also to cheap to pay someone else to do my labels but I don't sell thousands of cards, just have a good enough eye to know a curio is worth more than a buck or two, wish I knew more about china/dishes.
      I don't know squat about that stuff. That's my mom's thing though.

Well, it used to be. Now she has all these old plates and cups and stuff, and it's all chipped. Just little chips here and there. China, crystal, all of it chipped. She's getting a little chipped at her age though, so they make a matched set, lol.

I love to watch the Antiques Roadshow, and see that stuff all the time. Even with chips, some of it might still be worth something. That will be my sister's problem someday though. I don't have any room for any of it. I'm not sure if she does either, lol.

I am cheap when it comes to cards. I try to find nicer cards for my collection, but I will almost always try to get the best deal I can. Usually. As I said earlier, if the buyer looks suspicious, I stay away. Even if he's got a better price. Gotta judge the risk on e-bay.

These days some of the products are so expensive though. The really high dollar stuff is not geared for hobbyist's like me, the collector. They pass around from dealer to dealer, hoping that someone like me will pay top dollar to put it away in their personal collection.

I'll do that for Rod Smith cards sometimes, and if all goes well, I will be doing it for years to come on Julius Thomas as well.

Ya know, I would have been happy with just an apology. An "I screwed up, I am sorry..." e-mail. I am very surprised the guy gave me the card for nothing. He did not get the two bucks. And he's probably going to have a small fee each way from paypal. Just a guess though. I just know someone's paying them, and it ain't me. Not directly at least.

Turned out to be a good experience. I added another dealer to my favorites list, got a good card really cheap, and got a good conversation about it here.

Win win all the way around! :thumb:

Comment

Originally posted by JWinn View Post
        And he's probably going to have a small fee each way from paypal. Just a guess though. I just know someone's paying them, and it ain't me. Not directly at least.
        Amazingly enough, PayPal reverses the fee when a refund is issued as much as PayPal and Feebay nickel and dime sellers I was shocked the first time I had to issue a refund. First Feebay charges for the listing, then a final value fee (now that includes shipping cost too), then PayPal takes a % for recieving funds. Yup, anyone who thinks E-bay is going under is a fool.
        sigpic
        I Adopt #77 well damn!
        Milla Da QB Killa' #77
        Fox Rocks #77

Comment

OH! if it has a chip, it's pretty much worthless on E-bay, I mean if you have zero overhead you will make a few bucks, but it's value is so diminished with a chip it's not worth it unless you can proof Elvis puked on it or Justin Timberlake, or if the crack looks like Jesus a little
          sigpic
          I Adopt #77 well damn!
          Milla Da QB Killa' #77
          Fox Rocks #77

Comment

Just bid on all of the sellers auctions and don't pay him. That will teach him.....

Comment

Working...
            X