Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Netflix Is Done. The Company Just Killed Itself.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Just got this email today:

Dear Rob,

It is clear that for many of our members two websites would make things more difficult, so we are going to keep Netflix as one place to go for streaming and DVDs.

This means no change: one website, one account, one password…in other words, no Qwikster.

While the July price change was necessary, we are now done with price changes.

We're constantly improving our streaming selection. We've recently added hundreds of movies from Paramount, Sony, Universal, Fox, Warner Bros., Lionsgate, MGM and Miramax. Plus, in the last couple of weeks alone, we've added over 3,500 TV episodes from ABC, NBC, FOX, CBS, USA, E!, Nickelodeon, Disney Channel, ABC Family, Discovery Channel, TLC, SyFy, A&E, History, and PBS.

We value you as a member, and we are committed to making Netflix the best place to get your movies & TV shows.

Respectfully,

The Netflix Team

Comment

Originally posted by Bronco_Armada View Post
      My friend owns 12 of those and has been making a lot money.

He wants to triple the number he own by next year.

Amazing the little things you can make money off of.
      how uh... does one go about getting themselves an "ownership" of a Redbox booth...exactly...?

*pen and paper ready&
      sigpic

DISCLAIMER: MY REVIEWS OFTEN CONTAIN SPOILERS. READ AT YOUR OWN RISK.

Comment

Also, the news that they've decided to scrap Qwikster says to me that they are listening to their customers and responding.

Perhaps customers ought to rally and send them e-mails disagreeing with the separation and price changes. sure they said the price changing was done, but we still don't like having to pay more than we were for both services.

(also there's a Netflix Hub in town that's hiring a Supervisor and i was thinking about looking into it but i'm not sure. Netflix is so unstable right now )
        sigpic

Comment

Netflix mobile streaming is crap. All the movies I want to watch are disc only. I don't understand why they can't offer it streaming? What a craptastic piece of crap.

Comment

Originally posted by RealBronco View Post
            how uh... does one go about getting themselves an "ownership" of a Redbox booth...exactly...?

*pen and paper ready&
            He contacted them via email, I don't know the specifics involved but that's how it started.

It's like owning your own little business.... a bunch of them.

He has to pay for the space to the store (He has 2 at wal-mart, a few at grocery stores, and a few other places)

pay for the DVDs, put them. pays for any maintenance (some jerk smashed up one of his machines)

He wants to put a few at the University. But they don't seem to like the idea.
            sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by shawinkerpoppin View Post
              Netflix mobile streaming is crap. All the movies I want to watch are disc only. I don't understand why they can't offer it streaming? What a craptastic piece of crap.
              They can't offer a lot of movies streaming because movie studios want to charge an arm and a leg for the rights to stream these movies. Why do you think there was a pricing change to begin with?

Comment

Originally posted by shawinkerpoppin View Post
                probably has nothing to do with the app. keep in mind they just lost Starz, which was their main provider of "recent" movies.
                sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by RealBronco View Post
                  probably has nothing to do with the app. keep in mind they just lost Starz, which was their main provider of "recent" movies.
                  I heard they picked up Disney.. which is pretty big studio..

but hey..
                  I am not user

so I dont know much.

The times I have streamed a few movies
                  with some different chicks I was dating..
                  the choices were never very good.
                  - Go Broncos 2017 and Beyond! -

Super Bowl 50 CHAMPIONS!

Comment

Going through my rated titles and seeing what's available, there is a lot of high quality movies available. And 8 bucks a month sure does beat the five I used to spend at Blockbuster back in 2001 for a single movie.

Comment

Its great for tv shows, which is perfect for me.

Comment

Originally posted by PAINTERDAVE View Post
                        I heard they picked up Disney.. which is pretty big studio..

but hey..
                        I am not user

so I dont know much.

The times I have streamed a few movies
                        with some different chicks I was dating..
                        the choices were never very good.
                        I'm not sure if the deal was completed yet or not but it was with DreamWorks, which is owned by Disney of course. I was also confused as to whether it meant just their animated works or DreamWorks entire arsenal which would include stuff like Gladiator and Transformers etc.

also maybe the choice had more to do with the chic you were dating?

for those that are saying the movie selections for streaming are terrible, i'd venture to say otherwise. i don't think you're utilizing the vast array of choices you have. now i'm not sure how much of a chunk is lost with Starz moving on, but if you're a movie buff like me that isn't just stuck on movies that came out in the last 10 years or even last year, then you can find a plethora of awesome stuff.

i used to use it to watch stuff i would never spend $7.00 on to rent from a video store. if it was terrible, no harm done because i was making up for the bad ones with good stuff to watch as well.

i still may reignite my membership and just stream only. i haven't decided yet though because i'm pretty pissed at the price hike (although i understand why, i was not pleased with the way they went about it).
                        sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Hoserman117 View Post
                          I never have a problem with the Netflix stream quality. I always get HD.
                          Ah, I meant movie quality as in not Troll 3. The stream quality has typically been good for me. That Prime's biggest problem, their stream quality sucks. But, they're going to have a ridiculous amount of choices.
                          sigpic

I think Ben Tate will be the best back taken in the 2010 draft. (5/3/10)
                          SportsXPicks, check out the Rants and Opinions section

Comment

Working...
                          X