Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

The Cars I Drive.....

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • The Cars I Drive.....

    I am a semi retired guy. I had a career in management, but for the last few years, I've been doing jobs that I would have done when I was a teenager....golf course marshall/starter, coordinator of dragon boat program, and "driver" for a Toyota/Subaru dealer.

    In my driver position, I move cars from place to place, including dealership to body shop and back. In so doing I drive all kinds of vehicles. And based on the looks I get, I sometimes appear to be someone I'm not......

    - Sometimes I appear to be a family guy, when I drive a Sienna van
    - Sometimes I appear to be a construction dude or maybe even a "redneck", when I drive tall in a Tundra
    - Sometimes I appear to be a very wealthy individual, when I drive a new Lexus
    - Sometimes I appear to be a lowlife of some sort (no comments please:nono when I have the task of moving a beaten up / rusted vehicle of any kind
    - Sometimes I appear to be a sporty ole dude, when I make some noise with an Impreza
    - The list goes on......

    Thing is, I really don't fit any of these specific descriptions (not since our kids grew up anyway....and hopefully the lowlife tag won't stick!!)......but interestingly, perception is often based on image and assumptions, so don't be surprised if some folks misread you.

  • #2
    Yup couldn't agree more, and I know I am guilty of it to (you lowlife lol) but I do it more with the way some one dresses than what they drive and I know I shouldn't. But yeah I can see where judging people by what they drive could be faulty




    Adopted Broncos:
    (2011-2013) Eric Decker
    (2014-2018) Bradley Roby
    (2019-Current) Drew Lock
    Adopted posters:
    Everyone

    Comment


    • #3
      Originally posted by #87Birdman View Post
      Yup couldn't agree more, and I know I am guilty of it to (you lowlife lol) but I do it more with the way some one dresses than what they drive and I know I shouldn't. But yeah I can see where judging people by what they drive could be faulty
      Whether it's the car you drive, the way you dress, the places you hang out, it's all similar to what I am trying to articulate......driving is just one version. But yes, some of us judge.....when we shouldn't in the first place, and not to make things any better, but we judge incorrectly so to speak.....

      ......we get it wrong!

      Comment


      • #4
        I am treated completely different when I am in the truck as opposed to the Mustang.

        People are very quick to judge.

        Comment


        • #5
          Cars stereotype people. Most cases you can tell alot about a person by the car they drive but thats not always true

          Comment


          • #6
            Originally posted by shawinkerpoppin View Post
            Cars stereotype people. Most cases you can tell alot about a person by the car they drive but thats not always true
            I find that to be rarely true actually. I know people with more money than god who drive plain, unassuming cars.

            And others who can barely afford the payments on the fancy cars they drive.


            Comment


            • #7
              As long as you don't drive a prius!
              sigpic

              "Maybe if he had an iron suit or a magic hammer...."

              Comment


              • #8
                I drive a ford taurus station wagon. I'm 6'2 240 with a full beard. I get strange looks.
                sigpic

                Hooray, beer!

                Comment


                • #9
                  Originally posted by CoryWinget81 View Post
                  I drive a ford taurus station wagon. I'm 6'2 240 with a full beard. I get strange looks.
                  As do I at times...

                  For work purposes I often find myself driving the little Suzuki (right hand drive/mini truck) to run errands. I guess seeing a guy 6'5" weighing in at 250 barely fit into the thing-gives people a good chuckle.

                  Its all in good fun though....

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    Originally posted by CanDB View Post
                    Whether it's the car you drive, the way you dress, the places you hang out, it's all similar to what I am trying to articulate......driving is just one version. But yes, some of us judge.....when we shouldn't in the first place, and not to make things any better, but we judge incorrectly so to speak.....

                    ......we get it wrong!
                    You know the old saying...don't judge a book by it's cover.
                    sigpic

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      Im driving a hybrid Civic. What's that say about me??
                      *2011 BCMB Locker Room Division I League Champion*
                      *Voted; 2013 & 2015 BCMBA's Scariest Mod*
                      *Voted; 2014 BCMBA's Best Avi and Most Friendly*


                      Comment


                      • #12
                        Originally posted by ebsoria View Post
                        Im driving a hybrid Civic. What's that say about me??
                        You're efficient!!!:thumb:

                        Comment


                        • #13
                          Originally posted by CanDB View Post
                          You're efficient!!!:thumb:
                          Hell yeah I am!!!!!!

                          :thumb:
                          *2011 BCMB Locker Room Division I League Champion*
                          *Voted; 2013 & 2015 BCMBA's Scariest Mod*
                          *Voted; 2014 BCMBA's Best Avi and Most Friendly*


                          Comment


                          • #14
                            Originally posted by CanDB View Post
                            You're efficient!!!:thumb:
                            and perhaps you are "civic" minded as well???

                            Comment


                            • #15
                              Originally posted by CanDB View Post
                              and perhaps you are "civic" minded as well???
                              No, not so much.
                              *2011 BCMB Locker Room Division I League Champion*
                              *Voted; 2013 & 2015 BCMBA's Scariest Mod*
                              *Voted; 2014 BCMBA's Best Avi and Most Friendly*


                              Comment

                              Working...
                              X