Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• World's oldest working vehicle to be auctioned

http://editorial.autos.msn.com/blogs...GT1=&gt1=22026

Anybody have a few million $$$ laying around?
    sigpic

What's amazing is to look through pictures of automobiles from inception to now. The changes and modifications, the styles and what we saw then as luxury compared to what you have now. Tires began as wood, then went to "white rubber" until it was discovered that "black rubber" made them last longer. Things like "air bags" weren't even imagined in the early years. It was all so simple compared to now. Now? There are more computers in your average vehicle then the spaceship that took us to the moon!!!!!

Imagine taking Henry Ford off his assembly line of Model As and sticking him in a modern day plant. He'd be out of his mind!!!!!
    *2011 BCMB Locker Room Division I League Champion*
    *Voted; 2013 & 2015 BCMBA's Scariest Mod*
    *Voted; 2014 BCMBA's Best Avi and Most Friendly*

Comment

Originally posted by ebsoria View Post
      What's amazing is to look through pictures of automobiles from inception to now. The changes and modifications, the styles and what we saw then as luxury compared to what you have now. Tires began as wood, then went to "white rubber" until it was discovered that "black rubber" made them last longer. Things like "air bags" weren't even imagined in the early years. It was all so simple compared to now. Now? There are more computers in your average vehicle then the spaceship that took us to the moon!!!!!

Imagine taking Henry Ford off his assembly line of Model As and sticking him in a modern day plant. He'd be out of his mind!!!!!
      Makes ya wonder what vehicles will be like 50 years from now, they are always evolving & coming up with new things.
      sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by BroncosFanInPA View Post
        Makes ya wonder what vehicles will be like 50 years from now, they are always evolving & coming up with new things.
        No kidding! You'd think at some point it has got to be "enough". I mean.. cars that park themselves? Cars that make "2,000 decisions a second"? It's getting to be too much. I'd be happy in a '68 Chevy C10 that runs decently.. but there is always that next new gadget or great thing.
        *2011 BCMB Locker Room Division I League Champion*
        *Voted; 2013 & 2015 BCMBA's Scariest Mod*
        *Voted; 2014 BCMBA's Best Avi and Most Friendly*

Comment

Working...
        X