Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I Almost Died Today

Well it's true. Here's the story.

I was at Chipotle eating one of my favorite burritos. STEAK fajita burrito. Had some chips to eat on the side as well. Take my first bite out of my burrito. Fine. Take a 2nd bite.... my first thoughts were "I can't breathe!!"

I started gagging and clutching my throat. Somehow I managed to stand up, and I fell over on another persons table kind of staggering like. The dude was a hero. He got up out of his table, asked "Are you O.K?"

He didn't even wait for a response. He just started doing the Heimlich maneuver and I threw up all over the place :o. Felt bad for the manager lol. Had to wipe up Lemon aid and burrito garbage everywhere.

Anyway, I walked drove over the World Market (a nicer version of Walmart in CO Springs, right across from Chipotle) and sat down for a good 10-15 minutes.

Thankfully I am O.K. That man who saved me.... I owe him my life. I will probably never see him again. But it's proof that there are still some great people out there.
    sigpic

"Maybe if he had an iron suit or a magic hammer...."

Dragonforce sucks.

Seriously though, glad you're okay! Would have definitely been sad to read of your passing. I enjoy our conversations buddy!
    :usa: *** God Bless Our Military Men And Women*** :usa:

sigpic
    Adopted Bronco 2015 CJ Anderson

Comment

Good to know you're ok.

Yeah there is still good people out there, thankfully he was there.
      I would have asked for his number and took him out for a beer.

I had a similar thing happen when I was in high school freshman year.

It's was in the morning and I was outside eating Pancakes, I then couldn't breathe, gagging holding my throat.

My friends thought I was joking and was just laughing. I then just puked. Don't know how or why, but my body reacted on itself.

Pancakes and Power aid all over the courtyard.

My friends then was think holy (insert word), and stopped laughing.

Once more good that you're ok.
      sigpic
      Adopted Broncos:
      EmmanuelSanders

Comment

Yah thanks guys lol. It's freaking scary to think that I could die and I'm only 20. I didn't think to get the guys # or anything. I probablly should have taken him out to eat or something lol (irony) .

Note to self: small bites. Small bites...... small bites.
        sigpic

"Maybe if he had an iron suit or a magic hammer...."

Comment

Originally posted by broncoFan! View Post
          Yah thanks guys lol. It's freaking scary to think that I could die and I'm only 20. I didn't think to get the guys # or anything. I probablly should have taken him out to eat or something lol (irony) .

Note to self: small bites. Small bites...... small bites.
          I need to make note of that.

4 in a half years later, I still stuff my mouth. Often when I eat, food would get stuck in my throat, but slowly move down. So for about 10 seconds, I'd have whatever I'm eating slowly moving down. For those 10 seconds I can't breathe.

Now this happens like 2-3 times a week.
          sigpic
          Adopted Broncos:
          EmmanuelSanders

Comment

wow it be scary to hear someone dieing from wolving food down. I'm guilty of doing that a lot.

Comment

Eating is hard

Comment

Glad you're still here, remember to pass it along. This maybe a good time to get cpr certified as well :thumb:

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by demonicbroncos View Post
                  wow it be scary to hear someone dieing from wolving food down. I'm guilty of doing that a lot.
                  Mama Cass Elliot choked to death on a ham sandwich.

It was back in the days before anyone knew about the Heimlich Manuever...

though I doubt anyone could of gotten their arms around her chest anyway.
                  - Go Broncos 2017 and Beyond! -

Super Bowl 50 CHAMPIONS!

Comment

Eating at Chipotle, you made that grave yourself man!

Mama Cass Elliot choked to death on a ham sandwich.

It was back in the days before anyone knew about the Heimlich Manuever...

though I doubt anyone could of gotten their arms around her chest anyway.

Comment

But you could have been hanging out with Al Davis!

Just kidding, glad to hear you're alright. Should have gotten that guy's information and stayed in touch. I'm sure he's feeling pretty good about himself though, the man saved a life.

Once again, thankfully you're alright though.

Comment

Glad you are ok.
                        Ask me about My Jesus and how to have a relationship with Him.

Red Sox Mafia RLF4 Life! Boston 617 Strong!
                        sigpic

Comment

Glad you're OK.

I've had a brush or 2 myself with an early demise.

I work construction, and from time to time when we get really busy, we hire out temporary help. We were working on a large freezer building one day, and I was working on the eave of the building 55 feet above the ground.

As I was putting screws in the eave, I felt all of the tension in my retractable lanyard go away, almost causing me to go over the edge. When I turn to look to see what happened, I see one of the temp workers walking across the roof with my retractable in his hands.

When I asked him what the **** he was doing, he told me that my retractable was in his way and he needed to move it. When I asked why he didn't just say "I need to move your lanyard, could you come away from the edge", his response was "If you fell, I'd still have been able to hold your lanyard."

It pretty much took all I had not to knock this idiot out right there.
                          sigpic

Adopted Posters:
                          Broncbeat - 80stheman - kmcgough25 - InsaneBlaze 23
                          Adopted By:
                          Broncoholic JS & 80stheman
                          Broncbeat

Comment

Good news you are alright.:thumb:

I was on rescue for 10 years...won't bore you with the long stories lol.

Comment

Glad to hear you survived Chipotle! Good Samaritans still exist, thank goodness. I have slowly been losing faith in people and their ability to care for others, but your story proves otherwise!

Thanks for sharing! :thumb:
                              sigpic
                              2014 Adopted Bronco: Juwan Thompson

Comment

Working...
                              X