My 10 year old son broke his arm

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• My 10 year old son broke his arm

This is football related but i figured i'd post it here because i'm not sure if it belongs anywhere else.

My 10 year old son plays football, his team is 5th & 6th grades & he is in 5th & is the smallest kid on his team but he tries hard & gives his best effort.

They had a game earlier today & sadly on the opening kickoff he was running down to try & cover the kickoff & got blocked pretty hard & went to the ground hard, but jumped right back up as the play was not over.

The paremedics looked at him & said they thought it was just bruised & put ice on it & so he stayed with the team for the whole game & was hurting bad. So it wasn't until after the game was over that my wife took him to the ER & they said it was broke.

He is a tough little guy but unfortunatley his season is now over, but i'm proud of him for his effort.
    sigpic

It was unfortunate it happened so early in the game,i know you wanted to see him get more playing time.It seems the smaller kids always seemed to be tough competitors to make up for their lack of size.

I pray for a speedy recovery

Comment

Originally posted by BroncoSexyDaddy View Post
      It was unfortunate it happened so early in the game,i know you wanted to see him get more playing time.It seems the smaller kids always seemed to be tough competitors to make up for their lack of size.

I pray for a speedy recovery
      Thanks BSD, i just hope this does not discourage him from playing in the future, because he was really into it.
      sigpic

Comment

Bummer.

I broke mine in half high jumping in the 4th grade in Pueblo, Summer came shortly and we ended up moving to California...long hot summer lol with that dang cast.

Is it the one he uses most? Mine was and I ended up somewhat ambedextrious to this day,

Comment

Originally posted by 2 Minute Warning View Post
          Bummer.

I broke mine in half high jumping in the 4th grade in Pueblo, Summer came shortly and we ended up moving to California...long hot summer lol with that dang cast.

Is it the one he uses most? Mine was and I ended up somewhat ambedextrious to this day,
          He is right handed & it is his left arm that is broke so i guess it's at least better that it wasn't the right arm.
          sigpic

Comment

That is a little help anyways

Still a pain.

Comment

Originally posted by BroncosFanInPA View Post
              He is right handed & it is his left arm that is broke so i guess it's at least better that it wasn't the right arm.
              I hope your kid gets better because that sucks breaking a bone.

Your story reminds me of when I was in the 5th grade and my friend broke his right arm. Needless to say he was right handed so he had to have his mom come into school for like a week so she could write for him. Talk about embarrassing.

Comment

Man he stuck around after breaking it? That is a tough kid you've got there

Hope it heals up nice and he can play football right away
                sigpic
                Thank you Charger$

Comment

Hope your son gets better soon.

Around here, they don't have actual kickoffs until the kids are in Jr. High to avoid these types of injuries.
                  sigpic

Adopted Posters:
                  Broncbeat - 80stheman - kmcgough25 - InsaneBlaze 23
                  Adopted By:
                  Broncoholic JS & 80stheman
                  Broncbeat

Comment

Sorry to hear about the bad break.... err...

Okay, I'll start over. I'm sorry to hear about the injury. He'll come back strong!!
                    *2011 BCMB Locker Room Division I League Champion*
                    *Voted; 2013 & 2015 BCMBA's Scariest Mod*
                    *Voted; 2014 BCMBA's Best Avi and Most Friendly*

Comment

Originally posted by HavoK471 View Post
                      Man he stuck around after breaking it? That is a tough kid you've got there

Hope it heals up nice and he can play football right away
                      Yeah i kinda wished we would have known & been able to get him checked alot sooner, but we were going off what the parmedic said.

Another thing i just learned a little bit ago is my wife said when the coach asked him if he was hurt he said no. So i don't know if he was thinking he would try to play through the pain or what, but that would have been bad.
                      sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by BroncosFanInPA View Post
                        Yeah i kinda wished we would have known & been able to get him checked alot sooner, but we were going off what the parmedic said.

Another thing i just learned a little bit ago is my wife said when the coach asked him if he was hurt he said no. So i don't know if he was thinking he would try to play through the pain or what, but that would have been bad.
                        The Johnstown drinking water gives you a lot of heart.

Continuing reports also say it makes you crazy. See: bag lady.

Comment

Originally posted by theMileHighGuy View Post
                          The Johnstown drinking water gives you a lot of heart.

Continuing reports also say it makes you crazy. See: bag lady.

Ha Ha! good one. And don't forget charlie chicken or is it chicken charlie? & also igor.
                          sigpic

Comment

Sorry to hear about your son's injury, and i pray for a speedy recovery. Hey, 10 yrs old and playing through pain, you got a baby Tebow there :thumb:

Aloha
                            HE>i

Comment

Show him the video of Tebow playing in High school with a broken leg...

help him relate to Tim... and the love of the game.

heckuva role model.

Tell him Painter said..
                              "Way to go , tough guy!"
                              - Go Broncos 2017 and Beyond! -

Super Bowl 50 CHAMPIONS!

Comment

Working...
                              X