Just got Van Helsing on DVD

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Just got Van Helsing on DVD

Wow, not that good. Never seen it before. I kinda made a leap of faith when I bought it. Maybe it was that pretty packaging it was in. The best thing about the movie was Kate Beckinsales butt.
    Last edited by The Dark Knight; 11-03-2004, 07:12 AM.

I loved Van Helsing.. I think it's a great movie!

Comment

Originally posted by The Dark Knight
      Wow, not that good. Never seen it before. I kinda made a leap of faith when I bought it. Maybe it was that pretty packaging it was in. The best thing about the movie was Kate Beckinsales butt.

I even have to agree on this one I thought it was sub par - alot of the creatures looked way to fake and it had no real story line - thank god it was just a rental and I didnt make the mistake of buying it - hehehe
      Last edited by orangenblue420; 11-04-2004, 09:32 AM.

Comment

Yea, but what'd ya think of Kates ass?

Comment

Originally posted by horsesense
          Yea, but what'd ya think of Kates ass?
          It was aight - I really didnt think she was that hot -

Comment

Me either, but the ass could make diamonds..

Comment

Originally posted by horsesense
              Me either, but the ass could make diamonds..

From what I could tell her outfit had a lot to do with that - its amazing the clothes they had back in the day - LOL

Comment

I knew going into it how cheesy the movie was going to be so it wasn't too much of a letdown for me. It was entertaining once through if you had the proper mindset.

But you're right, Beckinsale was the best part of the film. She's a cutie. :0
                "You can't take the sky from me..."
                ------
                "You can't shake the Devil's hand and say you're only kidding"

Comment

I finally saw it today actually. We have to watch it for my Media Aesthetics class (that's basically what we do is watch movies and talk about them philisophically/critically) and I kinda liked it, I mean it was cheesy but it was expected. Being in this class makes you watch movies differently. I noticed a lot of stuff I may not have noticed in it...

However, I didn't need a class to tell me they were trying to make it sound like Van Helsing and Dracula were the two superpowers who've always fought it out over good and evil. The only thing wrong with it is that Gabriel is a messanger, Michael is the fighter, and Michael was the one who through Satan out of heaven-which I think they were kind of playing around with.

I thought it was funny and neat at the same time. Maybe the director didn't want to make it that obvious...
                  sigpic

DISCLAIMER: MY REVIEWS OFTEN CONTAIN SPOILERS. READ AT YOUR OWN RISK.

Comment

Originally posted by RealBronco
                    I finally saw it today actually. We have to watch it for my Media Aesthetics class (that's basically what we do is watch movies and talk about them philisophically/critically) and I kinda liked it, I mean it was cheesy but it was expected. Being in this class makes you watch movies differently. I noticed a lot of stuff I may not have noticed in it...

However, I didn't need a class to tell me they were trying to make it sound like Van Helsing and Dracula were the two superpowers who've always fought it out over good and evil. The only thing wrong with it is that Gabriel is a messanger, Michael is the fighter, and Michael was the one who through Satan out of heaven-which I think they were kind of playing around with.

I thought it was funny and neat at the same time. Maybe the director didn't want to make it that obvious...
                    Well I love movies, I have over 1300, (800 DVD, 500 VHS), taken several of those classes myself, and my opinion stands.

The movie is Crap-o-matic.

Comment

Originally posted by orangenblue420
                      It was aight - I really didnt think she was that hot -
                      come on girl, it's ok if you admit she's hot....she is georgous. but yeah, the movie sucked. me and some friends watched it in theaters and walked out and went and watched Troy for a second time.

The earth is but one country and mankind it's citizens
                      Baha'u'llah

"Everyone takes turns making mistakes in poker. The trick is to skip your turn."
                      Mike Caro

"The all-in play works every time but once"

You can observe a lot just by watching.
                      Yogi Berra

every year.

Comment

Originally posted by Uula Bear
                        come on girl, it's ok if you admit she's hot....she is georgous. but yeah, the movie sucked. me and some friends watched it in theaters and walked out and went and watched Troy for a second time.

Hey - I can admit when a chick is hot - I honestly dont think she is all that - but I prefer blondes - LMAO!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Originally posted by RealBronco

And WTF is up with colleges having these kinds of classes - IMO this just isnt right - just like UNC or some college in NC having an American Idol class - and we wonder why this country is going down the intellectual toliet

Comment

Hey - I can admit when a chick is hot - I honestly dont think she is all that - but I prefer blondes - LMAO!!!!!!!!!!!!!

And WTF is up with colleges having these kinds of classes - IMO this just isnt right - just like UNC or some college in NC having an American Idol class - and we wonder why this country is going down the intellectual toliet

You've never heard of a film study/media classes? How do you think those movies guys(director's, editors, sound guys, etc) learn all that stuff?

Comment

You've never heard of a film study/media classes? How do you think those movies guys(director's, editors, sound guys, etc) learn all that stuff?

Yeah I was thinking that after my post but I still really dont see how watching a bunch of crappy movies is education - regardless of what you are trying to learn - I also dont understand the obsession this country has with entertainers and such but again its just my opinion, so it really doenst matter much now does it

And I still am perplexed by the American Idol class

Comment

Yeah I was thinking that after my post but I still really dont see how watching a bunch of crappy movies is education - regardless of what you are trying to learn - I also dont understand the obsession this country has with entertainers and such but again its just my opinion, so it really doenst matter much now does it

And I still am perplexed by the American Idol class
                              I also don't understand why they have classes like that which try to read the "meaning" into every film and book that comes along. Isn't it possible that every once in awhile a movie or book was just written for entertainment?
                              "You can't take the sky from me..."
                              ------
                              "You can't shake the Devil's hand and say you're only kidding"

Comment

Working...
                              X