Vibrant Scenes During The Dark Of Night

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Vibrant Scenes During The Dark Of Night

Ever since I can remember, I have loved the idea of people actively taking in the night. It seemed so interesting that in the dark setting, people were alive and energetic about living, and as long as there was some form of light, all was well and safe. It was not about retiring to one's dwelling, rather making the most of the full day.

I have so many examples, some pretty simple, but here's the type of vibrant scenes that stir my soul, when I think of life in the night:

- Driving by a football field, and seeing the teams practicing into the dark, under the lights, preparing for their next game
    - Going for supper in a downtown locale, late.....maybe in a romantic place like Nice, France where we were so fortunate to stop at during a vacation last year...where many street blocks are restricted to nothing but outdoor restaurants and shops....and where one can go for a stroll along The Mediterranean, to wind down a perfect day
    - Slowing down to watch the farm folks harvesting, all night long when the weather allows them to, as the final crisp days of autumn come to a close
    - Going for a skate or a toboggan ride on a fresh winter night, and taking it all in, with a hot chocolate that couldn't taste any better!
    - Just taking a walk on a local path, that acts as a magnet for neighbours from all around, and turns the night into a lively destination place

It could be anywhere, as long as life overrules the night......where vibrant extends the day, no matter how dark it may be.......where sleep is something that will have to wait as something special is going on......where people choose to make the most of every second of every day.

I love playing football at night under the lights

Especially when we have late practices though we haven't for a while..maybe i should suggest one i used to love em

Comment

One of my favourite memories is late night, walking back with my then-GF through Venice with all the lights on along the rialto... restaurants still busy with people having after-dinner conversation, some wine and a smoke... small boats going past now and then along the canals, lights on in all the small windows around the place and reflections shimmering off the water. The place was still very much alive even as it settled down for the night.

Magic. I was a little buzzed too I think, which made it better.

sigpic
      - ★ -
      2012 Adopt a Bronco : Joe Mays

Comment

Originally posted by sSync View Post
        One of my favourite memories is late night, walking back with my then-GF through Venice with all the lights on along the rialto... restaurants still busy with people having after-dinner conversation, some wine and a smoke... small boats going past now and then along the canals, lights on in all the small windows around the place and reflections shimmering off the water. The place was still very much alive even as it settled down for the night.

Magic. I was a little buzzed too I think, which made it better.

Such a splendid scene you describe!!! I was there as well.....in fact my dear old Dad (who lives in happiness up above these fine days, with my Mom) was born near Venice. So it was a fabulous time for my family to visit the "old country" recently, and during the Venice part, we met my cousins at one of the boat stops (as in bus stops). It was such a pleasure to ride through Venice late at night, and absorb the sights and scenes you describe so very well!:thumb:

Comment

ha ha....based on the response total, lots of folks go to bed early!!!

Comment

No, just busy

I love to take my wife and the telescope (a 5" Newtonian) and do star, planet, and deep space gazing. I live in a very non-light polluted area of the country and even our state for that matter. There is nothing like gazing out on creation up close and personal! :thumb:

We take the motor home out and sometimes spend the night even though it is only about 15 miles to where we have our unobstructed views!

Heavenly .... OK it was a pun
            Been in love with the Broncos since 1960!
            sigpic
            I was 9 years old .... I hear the thunder again!

Tebow Army number 69
            Adoptees: thatkidhunt, Peanut, CanDB, Gatorgirl (so far)

Democracy.. Is two wolves and a lamb voting on what to have for lunch. Liberty ... Is a well-armed lamb contesting the vote. -- Benjamin Franklin

Comment

Originally posted by rjent View Post
              No, just busy

I love to take my wife and the telescope (a 5" Newtonian) and do star, planet, and deep space gazing. I live in a very non-light polluted area of the country and even our state for that matter. There is nothing like gazing out on creation up close and personal! :thumb:

We take the motor home out and sometimes spend the night even though it is only about 15 miles to where we have our unobstructed views!

Heavenly .... OK it was a pun
              now we're cookin......

Comment

Working...
              X