Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

More nervous today than I have ever been!

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • More nervous today than I have ever been!

    I have to talk to someone about it. I can't stop thinking about it. I'm waiting to hear back from a job today and as the title says, I'm more nervous than I have ever been in my entire life! This job will completely change my life and will by far be the best thing to ever happen for me! There are 12 people trying to get 2 positions and from what I believe is I'm like one of the top 3 (at least I hope). It all comes down to my test scores...yes I had to take tests like I was back in school so they could see my strengths and weaknesses including math (decimals and fractions) and mechanical skills. The job has great pay, great benefits, and 401k. It's the kind of job I can get my life caught back up from the craphole it's been the last few years and even think about eventually having a family if I decided that's for me. Is there anything I can do to help keep my mind off this so I can go through the day without my heart beating so fast I think I'm having a heart attack?
    sigpic
    Sig pic by dbfan2007

    Originally posted by kishzilla
    You truly are a special kind of strange ha ha ha.
    You damn right!

    Songs engineered, mixed, and mastered by yours truly...
    Have It All - Blu3
    Conceited - Blu3
    Intro (Failure Meets Success) - Blu3
    All On You - Blu3

  • #2
    just breath man, i had my first big boy job interview since Ive been done w college, yesterday morning. i was super nervous for it, not sure how I performed. wish i would have asked more questions and been a little bit more sure on some answers. now the 7-10 day waiting game for me

    but in the end all you can do is wait and hope!

    either way good luck man! go see a movie or something, get your mind off of it!
    sigpic
    -------

    Comment


    • #3
      Originally posted by Foez View Post
      I have to talk to someone about it. I can't stop thinking about it. I'm waiting to hear back from a job today and as the title says, I'm more nervous than I have ever been in my entire life! This job will completely change my life and will by far be the best thing to ever happen for me! There are 12 people trying to get 2 positions and from what I believe is I'm like one of the top 3 (at least I hope). It all comes down to my test scores...yes I had to take tests like I was back in school so they could see my strengths and weaknesses including math (decimals and fractions) and mechanical skills. The job has great pay, great benefits, and 401k. It's the kind of job I can get my life caught back up from the craphole it's been the last few years and even think about eventually having a family if I decided that's for me. Is there anything I can do to help keep my mind off this so I can go through the day without my heart beating so fast I think I'm having a heart attack?
      Maybe try watching a movie or two to pass the time & good luck with getting the job my friend, i will cross my fingers for you. I know how difficult it can be because i'm still trying myself after 15 months.

      So i hope it all works out for ya there bud & keep us updated.
      sigpic

      Comment


      • #4
        Originally posted by Foez View Post
        I have to talk to someone about it. I can't stop thinking about it. I'm waiting to hear back from a job today and as the title says, I'm more nervous than I have ever been in my entire life! This job will completely change my life and will by far be the best thing to ever happen for me! There are 12 people trying to get 2 positions and from what I believe is I'm like one of the top 3 (at least I hope). It all comes down to my test scores...yes I had to take tests like I was back in school so they could see my strengths and weaknesses including math (decimals and fractions) and mechanical skills. The job has great pay, great benefits, and 401k. It's the kind of job I can get my life caught back up from the craphole it's been the last few years and even think about eventually having a family if I decided that's for me. Is there anything I can do to help keep my mind off this so I can go through the day without my heart beating so fast I think I'm having a heart attack?
        Yeah good luck with that I know what your going through because I was in that spot like 5 months ago. Before the job I have now I was working third shift had like no time to spend with my family since I left at night when my wife would be done working and I dreaded that job. Applied for my current job and they said they would have made the decision in about a weeks time and that was the longest week of my life lol. So just breathe and keep pushing forward and hope for the best. :thumb:




        Adopted Broncos:
        (2011-2013) Eric Decker
        (2014-2018) Bradley Roby
        (2019-Current) Drew Lock
        Adopted posters:
        Everyone

        Comment


        • #5
          How are you doing, Foez?

          I hope you'll have some good news to share soon.
          Administrator

          Asian American and Pacific Islander Heritage Month

          Lupus Awareness Month

          "a semicolon is used when an author could've chosen to end their sentence, but chose not to. The author is you and the sentence is your life ; "

          Comment


          • #6
            Originally posted by Peanut View Post
            How are you doing, Foez?

            I hope you'll have some good news to share soon.
            I'm doing good. Finally have some news about it. I called today and he told me I'm being considered. All the people that they wont offer the job to for sure have been called and told no. They wont offer me a job yet but if an opening comes up (someone quit or get fired) or someones background check doesn't come in clear then I'm in for sure. So there's still a good chance I'll have the job. Have to take the good with the bad and there's a little good news and bad news in all that. Out of 3 open positions I was ranked 4th but that's out of 12 applicants. So like I said if someone says "I changed my mind" or someones background check doesn't come through clean then it's mine for the taking.
            sigpic
            Sig pic by dbfan2007

            Originally posted by kishzilla
            You truly are a special kind of strange ha ha ha.
            You damn right!

            Songs engineered, mixed, and mastered by yours truly...
            Have It All - Blu3
            Conceited - Blu3
            Intro (Failure Meets Success) - Blu3
            All On You - Blu3

            Comment


            • #7
              Originally posted by Foez View Post
              I'm doing good. Finally have some news about it. I called today and he told me I'm being considered. All the people that they wont offer the job to for sure have been called and told no. They wont offer me a job yet but if an opening comes up (someone quit or get fired) or someones background check doesn't come in clear then I'm in for sure. So there's still a good chance I'll have the job. Have to take the good with the bad and there's a little good news and bad news in all that. Out of 3 open positions I was ranked 4th but that's out of 12 applicants. So like I said if someone says "I changed my mind" or someones background check doesn't come through clean then it's mine for the taking.
              Congratz though hopefully it works out for you and you are able to move up.




              Adopted Broncos:
              (2011-2013) Eric Decker
              (2014-2018) Bradley Roby
              (2019-Current) Drew Lock
              Adopted posters:
              Everyone

              Comment


              • #8
                You're in the race bud, and it's just down to patience and time. In the mean time, stay active......keep moving.......this is all part of the process of career, and life in general. Keep positive and keep looking for ways to improve, and even consider applying for other opportunities while you wait.

                Things will work out for you, but keep being pro active.....that will keep you strong and busy.

                Pulling for you!

                :thumb:

                Comment


                • #9
                  I just got a call from the hiring manager about an hour ago. He offered me the job! I couldn't be happier. Thanks for the kind words everybody! I yelled yeah and did a fist pump before I did the mile high salute after I hung up the phone! He's running the background check now then I have the physical than I get to start...CANT WAIT!!!!!!!!

                  Again, thanks for the kind words everyone!
                  sigpic
                  Sig pic by dbfan2007

                  Originally posted by kishzilla
                  You truly are a special kind of strange ha ha ha.
                  You damn right!

                  Songs engineered, mixed, and mastered by yours truly...
                  Have It All - Blu3
                  Conceited - Blu3
                  Intro (Failure Meets Success) - Blu3
                  All On You - Blu3

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    Originally posted by Foez View Post
                    I just got a call from the hiring manager about an hour ago. He offered me the job! I couldn't be happier. Thanks for the kind words everybody! I yelled yeah and did a fist pump before I did the mile high salute after I hung up the phone! He's running the background check now then I have the physical than I get to start...CANT WAIT!!!!!!!!

                    Again, thanks for the kind words everyone!
                    Congrats that is great news!!!! Always a great feeling when you get the good news and here is my mile high salute to you




                    Adopted Broncos:
                    (2011-2013) Eric Decker
                    (2014-2018) Bradley Roby
                    (2019-Current) Drew Lock
                    Adopted posters:
                    Everyone

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      That's awesome dude!
                      sigpic
                      Thank you to my grandfather jetrazor for being a veteran of the armed forces!

                      Comment


                      • #12
                        Originally posted by Foez View Post
                        I just got a call from the hiring manager about an hour ago. He offered me the job! I couldn't be happier. Thanks for the kind words everybody! I yelled yeah and did a fist pump before I did the mile high salute after I hung up the phone! He's running the background check now then I have the physical than I get to start...CANT WAIT!!!!!!!!

                        Again, thanks for the kind words everyone!
                        Awesome news bud!! I'm so happy you got the job & wish you well once you start, i just started my new job yesterday.

                        Anyway i'd like to cp you but still have some time before i'm able, but i will get you once i can.
                        sigpic

                        Comment


                        • #13
                          :thumb:


                          very nice, yes!
                          sigpic
                          -------

                          Comment


                          • #14
                            Congrats!! The excitment and near heart attack were worth it! Best wishes on your career and future.

                            sigpic
                            The Bronco fan pledge;
                            I am a Broncos Fan and I believe
                            I believe in Mile High Magic and bleed Orange and Blue.
                            I celebrate the Orange Crush, The Drive, and the Mile High Salute.
                            I create the THUNDER, share the common dream, and will forever be a proud citizen of
                            Bronco's Country.


                            Adopt a Poster AZ Snake Fan & SecondsAway131

                            Comment


                            • #15
                              'Gratz!
                              Originally posted by Broncoholic3233
                              FF is awesome!

                              Comment

                              Working...
                              X