Some people are really dumb...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Some people are really dumb...

Family lost in a corn maze calls 911 for help. :doh: Seriously??

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/44871735

DANVERS, Mass. — Authorities in Massachusetts say a family that got lost in a seven-acre corn maze called 911 for help, apparently taking advantage of the police department's motto that says "We Want To Be Bothered."

The maze at Connors Farm in Danvers can take up to an hour to navigate.

A police officer entered the maze with a farm manager to search for the disoriented father, mother and two children. The family didn't realize they had almost made their way out and were just 25 feet from the street.

Farm owner Bob Connors tells the Boston Globe (http://bo.st/p7Xmzr) that they designed the maze so that people get lost in the long corn stalks.
    sigpic

But . . . . you don't actually have to stay in the maze part. You can walk directly through the corn until you're out of it. Just start walking.

I guess we've established I'm smarter than those people. I feel good about myself.

Comment

Originally posted by Jay3 View Post
      But . . . . you don't actually have to stay in the maze part. You can walk directly through the corn until you're out of it. Just start walking.

I guess we've established I'm smarter than those people. I feel good about myself.
      I know, just how stupid are these people? If they just walk through the corn they would come out.

Me & my wife take our 3 kids to these corn maze's every year & they just love it, it's really a good time looking for the hidden objects you are supposed to find. Usually me the wife & our 8 year old daughter go one way & our two boys age 14 & 10 go the other way & we see who can get done first.
      sigpic

Comment

I'm not entirely sure you could just walk through that, looks dense. But even so, a wrong turn in a 7 acre corn field could mean circles haha.

Could you imagine though, making some of those turns over and over,and just getting frustrated?

Remember you don't get the luxury of looking at a map and ---> you are here arrow.

I have pretty good direction sense and street smarts, so i'd like to think it wouldn't be too hard, but some people don't. They just arn't built with an internal compass like others....
        Last edited by BroncoFanNC; 10-12-2011, 09:22 AM.
        sigpic

Comment

maybe there were late for a movie..........

Comment

I don't know if I ever got loss I would just keep taking the left most path hoping to get to a bridge once there it would be easy.

Adopted Broncos:
            (2011-2013) Eric Decker
            (2014-2018) Bradley Roby
            (2019-Current) Drew Lock
            Adopted posters:
            Everyone

Comment

Originally posted by BroncoFanNC View Post
              I'm not entirely sure you could just walk through that, looks dense. But even so, a wrong turn in a 7 acre corn field could mean circles haha.
              It may look dense but it really isn't, it's not like being in the jungle or forest, it's a cornfield. And it's like Jay said, you just keep going in a the same direction through the corn stalks & eventually you will come out 1 of the 4 sides. Trust me i've been in these things many times, it's not that hard.
              sigpic

Comment

I dunno why... but I"ve got an urge to go play some catch.
                *2011 BCMB Locker Room Division I League Champion*
                *Voted; 2013 & 2015 BCMBA's Scariest Mod*
                *Voted; 2014 BCMBA's Best Avi and Most Friendly*

Comment

Originally posted by ebsoria View Post
                  I dunno why... but I"ve got an urge to go play some catch.
                  i threw the football around on sunday with my neighbor for the first time in forever, played for a good hour or 2 my shoulder is still sore haha

but yes a lot people are so dumb it amazes me they know when to breathe
                  sigpic
                  -------

Comment

Maybe they just watched this...

sigpic

Adopted Posters:
                    Broncbeat - 80stheman - kmcgough25 - InsaneBlaze 23
                    Adopted By:
                    Broncoholic JS & 80stheman
                    Broncbeat

Comment

Originally posted by CanDB View Post
                      maybe there were late for a movie..........

Was the movie Field of Dreams?
                      sigpic

Comment

I seen this on the news this morning and didn't know what to think about it when I seen the aerial shot ...

Around 6:35 p.m., Danvers police received a call from a family who couldn’t find their way out of the seven-acre corn maze at Connor’s Farm in Danvers, and were getting nervous because it was dark.

Though the farm closes at 6 p.m.

“We design the maze so that people get lost,” said Bob Connors, owner of the farm.”
                        I didn't see the age of the children ... I think its easy enough to judge with a conscious mind but when you become disoriented as I would say this family was its a different story regardless if they should've been able to easily get out or not ...I don't blame them not sure what preventive safety measures are in place at that farm...

I like what the farmer said here though ..
                        We don’t like to rush people out of the maze. We like to give people their money’s worth,” Connors said. “I’m sure they won’t be the last family who gets lost in there
                        Last edited by LarryDean; 10-12-2011, 03:11 PM.
                        :logo: :logo: :logo: :logo: :logo:

Comment

That is friggin hilarious
                          My Boss is a Jewish Carpenter

Comment

Originally posted by BroncoFanNC View Post
                            Was the movie Field of Dreams?
                            (good one!)

So they weren't going to be late, rather part of.........

Comment

Working...
                            X