Interview tomorrow!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Interview tomorrow!

With some company called Telogis. They make truck fleet management software... stuff like optimizing truck routes, gathering info like idling time, average speed, etc. for big companies like AT&T that have giant fleets of trucks. I met the company at a career fair here on campus and all of a sudden they e-mailed me and asked to interview.

Only downside is that it's at 8:30 am (that's early for us college folks) tomorrow with a 2 hour programming test Makes me kinda nervous but I'll take it

good luck bro, i had my first interview on tuesday

job searching really blows if i dont get this one, i cant find any openings in my field
    sigpic
    -------

Comment

Best of luck to you! You'll do fine!

I really hope to get a similar job in the next year or so... but it's taking so long to get through the programming classes, etc. Hope to find something.

Anyway... Congrats in advance!

Comment

Good luck Hoser :thumb:

Adopted Broncos:
        (2011-2013) Eric Decker
        (2014-2018) Bradley Roby
        (2019-Current) Drew Lock
        Adopted posters:
        Everyone

Comment

Originally posted by Hoserman117 View Post
          With some company called Telogis. They make truck fleet management software... stuff like optimizing truck routes, gathering info like idling time, average speed, etc. for big companies like AT&T that have giant fleets of trucks. I met the company at a career fair here on campus and all of a sudden they e-mailed me and asked to interview.

Only downside is that it's at 8:30 am (that's early for us college folks) tomorrow with a 2 hour programming test Makes me kinda nervous but I'll take it
          Good luck Hoser!!! Think over what questions they might ask (check over the requirements of the job, and imagine a question or two on anything mentioned in the posting), and prepare an answer for each if possible. This includes the practical stuff as well as the competences (such as initiative, problem solving, leadership, planning and organizing, teamwork....try to have an example of each....and make them all positive outcomes. They may ask for an example of each type of competency they are high on.....as in, "tell us about an idea you came up with recently and what you did to make it happen?").

I'd do all you can to prepare, and then stop well before bed time....that way the osmosis takes over and does not get messed up with too much cramming late into the process.

Also, this may be obvious, but be able to sell yourself, including why you are right for the job, your work and non work history that are important requirements for the position, and make you the right person for the job, and so on. Be direct, and be straight up without be boastful. And look them in the eyes. And a little passion never hurts....

And take one question at a time....if one doesn't go as well as you hoped, just move on and start the next one fresh. You can add on later if you think of a better answer. Be like Jack Nicklaus....if he bogeyed a whole, he'd tee up the next one, not even thinking for a second about the bogey.

You can do it!!!

Originally posted by SBboundBRONCOS View Post
          good luck bro, i had my first interview on tuesday

job searching really blows if i dont get this one, i cant find any openings in my field
          Don't give up bud.......keep looking......your day will come!:thumb:
          Last edited by CanDB; 10-13-2011, 08:33 AM.

Comment

I guess I shoulda mentioned this isn't really for a job job, but rather an internship. So if I get it it'll still be like.... 8 months till I start working there

Still though, kinda nervous about that programming test. And thanks for the good advice Can :thumb: I'd CP you but I've gotta spread it.

Comment

Originally posted by CanDB View Post
              Don't give up bud.......keep looking......your day will come!:thumb:
              ya i know and im not complaining because im still finishing up my final college internship and all but parks and recreation is hard to find, at least i havent been unemployed for 5+ months like some were saying so im thankful

there are jsut SOOOOO many park districts/gov agencies/fitness centers that its just incredibly time consuming looking through them all only to usually end with the same outcome of "no available positions"

i should hear back next week about this first interview (said 7-10 days) but its not in my field at all which kinda sucks
              sigpic
              -------

Comment

Originally posted by Hoserman117 View Post
                I guess I shoulda mentioned this isn't really for a job job, but rather an internship. So if I get it it'll still be like.... 8 months till I start working there

Still though, kinda nervous about that programming test. And thanks for the good advice Can :thumb: I'd CP you but I've gotta spread it.
                Internship is part of the process........it's all good!

Now start putting on that "I'm the right person for this internship" face!!!!

Comment

Good luck tomorrow man. Just go in there as confident as can be and you should do just fine.
                  sigpic
                  Sig pic by dbfan2007

Originally posted by kishzilla
                  You truly are a special kind of strange ha ha ha.
                  You damn right!

Songs engineered, mixed, and mastered by yours truly...
                  Have It All - Blu3
                  Conceited - Blu3
                  Intro (Failure Meets Success) - Blu3
                  All On You - Blu3

Comment

Sounds pretty awesome, good luck to the both of ya. :thumb:

Hoser, is it in C?
                    Adopted Poster
                    AZ Snake Fan

Comment

Originally posted by SBboundBRONCOS View Post
                      ya i know and im not complaining because im still finishing up my final college internship and all but parks and recreation is hard to find, at least i havent been unemployed for 5+ months like some were saying so im thankful

there are jsut SOOOOO many park districts/gov agencies/fitness centers that its just incredibly time consuming looking through them all only to usually end with the same outcome of "no available positions"

i should hear back next week about this first interview (said 7-10 days) but its not in my field at all which kinda sucks
                      I hope all goes well.......and sometimes we have to bite the bullet and go off the track a bit to get to where we want to be. By staying active and productive, you can keep busy, and you can still get to where you want to go. Interestingly, sometimes really good things happen when you are "off the track" so to speak. You may like the work, or meet some great people, or get some new connections who accelerate your career plan.

Take it all in!:thumb:

Comment

Hoser, it's yours.

Tell them I said so.

You'll do great.

SBboundBRONCOS, hope you get it.

Anyone want to relocate? Saw on the news, a state in the midwest (?) has like 3,000+ job openings. Blue color/factory-type jobs. They don't have enough people to fill them.
                        Administrator

Asian American and Pacific Islander Heritage Month

Lupus Awareness Month

"a semicolon is used when an author could've chosen to end their sentence, but chose not to. The author is you and the sentence is your life ; "

Comment

Originally posted by Peanut View Post
                          Hoser, it's yours.

Tell them I said so.

You'll do great.

SBboundBRONCOS, hope you get it.

Anyone want to relocate? Saw on the news, a state in the midwest (?) has like 3,000+ job openings. Blue color/factory-type jobs. They don't have enough people to fill them.
                          I read somewhere that your buds up north (us Canadians) may be looking to hire Americans in certain locales/fields. If so, you should think about it.....good quality of life, friendly people, and lots of great scenery (not just talking mountains, lakes, and that kind of stuff!!!). There are a lot of Americans who've made their home here, just as we made homes in the US....we're very similar people! We tend to start eating Turkey a little sooner.....so we celebrate Thanksgiving earlier.....but we also tend to celebrate your Thanksgiving as well, and pretty much any holiday anywhere!!!!

(Note: this goes to folks beyond Canada/The USA as well.....:thumb

Comment

Working...
                          X