T-Mobile Androids

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• T-Mobile Androids

Hey I currently have an pre-paid phone from T-Mobile. I'm thinking about upgrading to an Android but not sure because I have never had any experience with the Android smartphones.

Anyone here been a T-Mobile guy/gal that can help me out?

((Iphone is wayyyyy too expensive for me. That's why I'm going for an Android. )
    sigpic

"Maybe if he had an iron suit or a magic hammer...."

Originally posted by broncoFan! View Post
    Hey I currently have an pre-paid phone from T-Mobile. I'm thinking about upgrading to an Android but not sure because I have never had any experience with the Android smartphones.

Anyone here been a T-Mobile guy/gal that can help me out?

((Iphone is wayyyyy too expensive for me. That's why I'm going for an Android. )
    Been with T-Mobile for 3 years. What do you wanna know?

sigpic

FA Targets: DT Jason Jones, DT Pat Simms, S Reggie Smith, LB Dan Connor

:cool:

Comment

Originally posted by getlynched47 View Post
      Been with T-Mobile for 3 years. What do you wanna know?
      I'm looking for an Android that is similar to my Ipod Touch but able to access flash and whatnot. I like the layout of the Ipod Touch except for the no-flash but like I said the Iphone is wayyy to expensive.
      sigpic

Comment

I'm looking for an Android that is similar to my Ipod Touch but able to access flash and whatnot. I like the layout of the Ipod Touch except for the no-flash but like I said the Iphone is wayyy to expensive.
        The layout of the iPod itself or it's UI (user interface)?

sigpic

Comment

The layout of the iPod itself or it's UI (user interface)?
          Mostly the UI although layout would be nice if I could find one like it.
          sigpic

Comment

Mostly the UI although layout would be nice if I could find one like it.
            You're not going to find an Android phone with iOS.

You could get an Android phone and flash a custom ROM (it's called MIUI), and that's very similar to iOS, but that's a complicated process for beginners and Android noobs (I was an Android noob a few months ago)

There's a lot of Android phones to choose from. You can go high-powered and get the Sensation 4G, the Amaze, the Samsung Galaxy S2, or the G2x.

Or mid-tier and get something like the HTC Wildfire S or LG Optimus T (both are free on contract)

I have a $60 per month plan that includes 500 minutes, unlimited texting and unlimited data.

Android isn't complicated, and you can set it up similar to iOS by throwing all of your icons on your homescreens. it's a simple process.

sigpic

Comment

Spend a little time with Android and you'll get used to it. I prefer it to ios.

Ios is slick, but Android can do so much. I prefer stock android over any of the custom UIs, but that's a personal preference.

Comment

You can also wait another month and get the new LG myTouch or LG myTouch Q, which has an interface that's super simple and easy to pick up and use.

http://reviews.cnet.com/8301-19736_7...touch-q-by-lg/

Trust me and PowerAddict, Android is super simple. It can do everything your iPod touch does, and it doesn't take long to learn how to use it. It's simple and straightforward.

sigpic

Comment

You're not going to find an Android phone with iOS.

You could get an Android phone and flash a custom ROM (it's called MIUI), and that's very similar to iOS, but that's a complicated process for beginners and Android noobs (I was an Android noob a few months ago)

There's a lot of Android phones to choose from. You can go high-powered and get the Sensation 4G, the Amaze, the Samsung Galaxy S2, or the G2x.

Or mid-tier and get something like the HTC Wildfire S or LG Optimus T (both are free on contract)

I have a $60 per month plan that includes 500 minutes, unlimited texting and unlimited data.

Android isn't complicated, and you can set it up similar to iOS by throwing all of your icons on your homescreens. it's a simple process.
                  I think I'll ask them about the Samsung Galaxy S2. Thanks!
                  sigpic

Comment

I think I'll ask them about the Samsung Galaxy S2. Thanks!
                    That's what I would recommend as it's a great phone. Best Android phone on the market at the moment and the UI is skinned with TouchWiz which a lot of people compare to the iPhone UI.

Comment

Originally posted by Cahill View Post
                      That's what I would recommend as it's a great phone. Best Android phone on the market at the moment and the UI is skinned with TouchWiz which a lot of people compare to the iPhone UI.
                      How does BCMB look on it? Browsing the boards is pretty important to me.
                      sigpic

Comment

I've only used the mobile version of the boards which is just pretty basic setup. Just all the standard stuff with no bells and whistles. I actually haven't used it recently so I'm going from memory but I think this screenshot I found on Google will give you a good idea of how it looks.

May not be the prettiest but it gets the job done and is simple. If you don't like it, there may be a way to see the regular version as you would on a computer. But if there isn't, I know you will be when Android 4.0 comes out which I believe the Galaxy S2 will be updated to.

Comment

or you can change a setting to allow you to view the full (computer version) of the site.

Comment

1. Normally it looks like Cahill stated, but if you download a third party web browser for Android from the market such as Dolphin HD Browser (free, I highly recommend this) you can go into the settings for Dolphin and change the User Agent from Android to Desktop, this will allow you to see any website just as you would from your PC.

2. You wanted a phone that has a UI similar to iOS? First you need to know that there are stock Android ROMs (Software) such as Froyo, Gingerbread & Ice Cream Sandwich, then there are custom ROMs which are made by third party developers, third party ROMs require that your phone be rooted which is a complicated procedure and potentially voids your warranty, private message me if you're interested in this... anyways the two most popular and high quality third party ROMs are:

- MIUI Mod (iPhone clone for Android)
                            - Cyanogen Mod (Looks like Gingerbread Android, more features)

The first one, (MIUI Mod) has a heavily iOS influenced interface. Its the best ROM for you if you want something that makes you feel like you're using an iPhone or iPod, its also very stable and packed full of extra features that you wouldn't find on regular Android versions (Froyo, Gingerbread).

I currently have the MIUI software on my phone, this is how mine looks:

(Home Screen)

(Lock Screen)

3. There are generally 3 tiers of Android phones:

- 1st tier = the latest and greatest phones, these phones are generally running the latest Android software (Gingerbread) and have dual core processors, 512 mb's to 1 gb of memory and 5 to 8 megapixel cameras

- 2nd tier = mostly 2010 phones such as the Nexus One which are mostly running either Gingerbread or Froyo and have single core processors, 512 mb's of memory and at best a 5 megapixel camera

- 3rd tier = old original Android phones that were released 2008-2009 such as the Droid 1, which are running at best old software such as Froyo (unless rooted) and have weaker single core processors, 256 mb's to 512 mb's of ram and probably low quality cameras

4. P.S. I'm a long time T-Mobile user, happy with it since 2007 so if you want more info on anything I mentioned, i'd be happy to help via pm's or here, I don't want to seem like a know it all, I've just learned a lot about Android over time and would be glad to help anyone here.
                            Last edited by powderblues; 10-22-2011, 09:08 PM.
                            Rivers is deciding to play bad, just to see how it feels.

Comment

dolphin is a good browser

Comment

Working...
                              X