Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 5.6 Earthquake in Oklahoma

http://www.theblaze.com/stories/see-...ters-reaction/

Posted on November 6, 2011 at 11:51am by Madeleine Morgenstern Madeleine Morgenstern

Oklahoma is rattled after the state’s strongest earthquake shook the ground for nearly a minute Saturday night.

The magnitude 5.6 quake was centered near Sparks, about 44 miles northeast of Oklahoma City. It was followed by a series of aftershocks Sunday morning, including two with 4.0 magnitudes.

No major injuries have been reported, but homeowners and businesses noted cracked walls, fallen items and other minor damage. The Shawnee Fire Department told KWTV in Oklahoma City one spire on the administration building at St. Gregory University had been damaged and another one was leaning.

At least three sections of U.S. Route 62 reportedly buckled as a result of the quake, which was felt as far away as Wisconsin and Tennessee.

At least eight earthquakes were felt during a 24-hour period that kicked off early Saturday with a magnitude 4.7.

Residents quickly uploaded their own videos capturing the moment the temblor.

I hope OB420 is ok.

Comment

Originally posted by JWinn View Post
      I hope OB420 is ok.

My mom is in Poncha City Oklahoma currently,i know it freaked her out when the the earthquake hit,they normally experience tornadoes down there.To have an earthquake hit i bet it was a weird experience.I'm originally from Lawton,Oklahoma i've experienced both the 7.1 here in the bay area and twin tornadoes in Lawton while being there.

BTW what ever happened to OB420!
      Last edited by BroncoSexyDaddy; 11-06-2011, 10:55 PM.

Comment

5.6 is enough to make things shake a bit.
        Now go get your shine box

Comment

Nothing to cause any real damage

Just a scare to people who have never experienced it
          sigpic
          Thank you Charger$

Comment

Originally posted by BroncoSexyDaddy View Post
            My mom is in Poncha City Oklahoma currently,i know it freaked her out when the the earthquake hit,they normally experience tornadoes down there.To have an earthquake hit i bet it was a weird experience.I'm originally from Lawton,Oklahoma i've experienced both the 7.1 here in the bay area and twin tornadoes in Lawton while being there.

BTW what ever happened to OB420!
            Not a clue. I thought she left and joined Tned's board. He might know what she's up to.

Never been in a earthquake myself.

Comment

Crazy how many earthquakes seem to be hitting the new recently. Too early to start some sacrifices??
              *2011 BCMB Locker Room Division I League Champion*
              *Voted; 2013 & 2015 BCMBA's Scariest Mod*
              *Voted; 2014 BCMBA's Best Avi and Most Friendly*

Comment

Comment

Originally posted by aberdien View Post
                  I love these.
                  sigpic
                  Adopted Broncos:
                  EmmanuelSanders

Comment

There was an aftershock here the other night from that quake...funny thing is it was registered but I only know one person who felt it lol. It woke him up "did you feel that shaking" and I called him an idiot.
                    sigpic
                    Sig pic by dbfan2007

Originally posted by kishzilla
                    You truly are a special kind of strange ha ha ha.
                    You damn right!

Songs engineered, mixed, and mastered by yours truly...
                    Have It All - Blu3
                    Conceited - Blu3
                    Intro (Failure Meets Success) - Blu3
                    All On You - Blu3

Comment

I live North and East of Oklahoma City and probably about 20 miles from where it started. It shook like crazy at our place and there was a loud sound like a train or large vehicle crashing. More like the sound of a small tornado around these parts. It woke me up and once I figured out what it was thought it was a crazy feeling. It was my first earthquake that I can recall ever feeling.

Anyway, no structural damage to the house, at least none that we could tell. The aftershock of about 4.0 also woke me up this time I just thought, dang and I didn't even put a quarter in the slot for the vibrating bed.

Comment

And then today they have tornadoes. Good Grief, Oklahoma has had a rough year.

And sorta still on topic here, I hear from some friends in Kansas about the earthquake. I'm not totally sure if they were referring to this one being felt up there or if they had another one today.
                        :usa: *** God Bless Our Military Men And Women*** :usa:

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by BroncoManiac_69 View Post
                          And then today they have tornadoes. Good Grief, Oklahoma has had a rough year.

And sorta still on topic here, I hear from some friends in Kansas about the earthquake. I'm not totally sure if they were referring to this one being felt up there or if they had another one today.
                          and another 4.7 quake last night.......

geological events
                          meteorological events

next up

astronomical events....isn't there a rather large meteor heading this way. I think it is aiming for OK.

Comment

Oklahoma: droughts, tornadoes, earthquakes, and nothing interesting.

Comment

Originally posted by 86rocco View Post
                              and another 4.7 quake last night.......

geological events
                              meteorological events

next up

astronomical events....isn't there a rather large meteor heading this way. I think it is aiming for OK.
                              Yes there is a asteroid. It's nothing to be alarmed about, but it's the size of a aircraft carrier. It will zip past the moon. The media says it will zip past Earth, but it will be closer to the moon than Earth.

As for Oklahoma. Earthquakes happen everywhere, everyday so it's not really a big deal in the sense of fact that places that rarely get quakes only have smalls that knock over paper cups.

Tornadoes, well it's Oklahoma. There is only 2 places in the U.S that have more twisters than Oklahoma.(Kansas & Alabama)
                              sigpic
                              Adopted Broncos:
                              EmmanuelSanders

Comment

Working...
                              X