Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

I Wonder What Animals Think!

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • I Wonder What Animals Think!

    Preface........(thx to S & G)

    Something tells me
    It's all happening at the zoo.
    I do believe it,
    I do believe it's true.

    Mmmmm. Mmmmm. Whoooa. Mmmmm.

    The monkeys stand for honesty,
    Giraffes are insincere,
    And the elephants are kindly but
    They're dumb.
    Orangutans are skeptical
    Of changes in their cages,
    And the zookeeper is very fond of rum.

    Zebras are reactionaries,
    Antelopes are missionaries,
    Pigeons plot in secrecy,
    And hamsters turn on frequently.
    What a gas! You gotta come and see
    At the zoo.


    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

    I volunteer at our Zoo. It's a good Zoo, and is going to be one of the finest once it's upgraded, to include a world class Polar Bear enclosure within 2 years.

    My role is quite easy. Walk around. Provide info to visitors......mostly directions and such. It's a good thing.......some exercise, be around happy people (young and old), and get to help folks now and then.

    Animals make me wonder. I wonder what they are thinking. Here are some examples:

    - What are those lions and tigers thinking when they are staring right at me, and we are but a couple of feet apart at times?
    - How long would it take these adorable baby Bengal tigers to wreck my house if I were to borrow them?
    - Are monkeys true entertainers, who can't wait to put on a show when people arrive?
    - Do animals ever think of helping each other escape? For example, "hey giraffe, all you got to do is take a small step over that barrier and you're free....are you stupid??" (note: we don't have a giraffe, but I saw one in San Diego, and the barrier was very low!)
    - This one's a bit serious......do animals lose their hunting instincts if they are constantly fed by humans? By the way, please leave the cage as it is......I'm betting they keep the instinct for a long, long time.
    - Is it "humane" to keep animals caged? Then again, isn't it a bit odd that we use a human word to describe the treatment of animals?
    - When everyone goes home, do the animals "socialize"? Mind you, some animals don't seem to care what they are doing publicly, even during the day time!
    - What a "tease" it's going to be when our new Polar bear exhibit includes a huge glass swimming area for the bears and seals....given that the bears will swim by the seals under water, but always separated by just a little......those bears are going to burn some brain cells trying to figure how to hunt them!! <<<<< that would be the bears

    Yes....it's all happening at the zoo......
    Last edited by CanDB; 11-09-2011, 08:53 PM.

  • #2
    If I had to live my life within a fixed area, I would be pissed. Now, if I had to go through all that and still have humans do stupid things and bother me all the time, I would probably gut myself if I had a knife.

    But then again, I'm no animal (yes I am), so really, I don't know what they're thinking.

    Maybe they're..



    or..

    Adopted Poster
    AZ Snake Fan

    Comment


    • #3
      I always enjoy your random musings, Can!

      RE the thread title itself, I can tell you what my cat is thinking right now...
      "If I bite his foot, will he feed me?"

      PS. The zoo must be a pretty fun place to volunteer... I might consider it if they had baby snow leopards for me to play with.

      sigpic
      - ★ -
      2012 Adopt a Bronco : Joe Mays

      Comment


      • #4
        They think about food...

        sigpic

        Comment


        • #5
          I think animals pretty much think like this:

          Food Sex Food Sex Food Sex Food Sex Food Sex Food Sex

          So basically the entire animal kingdom, just thinks like a typical guy.

          Comment


          • #6
            Originally posted by PowderAddict View Post
            I think animals pretty much think like this:

            Food Sex Food Sex Food Sex Food Sex Food Sex Food Sex

            So basically the entire animal kingdom, just thinks like a typical guy.
            I AM NOT AN ANIMAL!!!!!!!!








            (wait a minute.......maybe I am)

            Comment


            • #7
              I think it's pretty similar to "Homeward Bound" or atleast I hope it is
              "Happiness is just an illusion, filled with sadness and confusion." Jimmy Ruffin

              Comment


              • #8
                Two stories

                Years ago, we took the kids too Alamosa, Colorado to visit the Sand Dunes to watch a comet. While there, we went to a Lion/Tiger ranch, which I think no longer exists. As the group went along, we stopped at a cage of Mountain Lions. They just sat there, dozing on branches of old dead trees. We all wondered exactly this. What were they thinking, with a group of people standing there watching them do essentially noting.

                As we were watching them, my son, about one and a half at the time started squirming in my wife's arms, so she put him down, and he started to walk around a little.

                The cats, which might as well have been stuffed toys up to this point, all woke right up at this. They watched him, climbed down from the trees, and paced along with him. Whatever direction he went, they went.

                When I went over to stand next to him, (he was only about 10 feet away), the cats all looked up at me and started to roar, or whine really. But it was clear. "Hey! That's our dinner! Go away!"

                No doubt what they were thinking...


                More recently, we have a lot of Mule Deer in the neighborhood. We always have, but lately, they have been near my house. About 20 to 30 of them. Monday, I had to run out to the truck to grab a tarp, and there was this little 5 pointer in the front yard. I know what he was thinking.

                "Is he gonna feed me, or should I run?"

                We feed the birds and I also will leave piles of feed for the deer, although my wife doesn't like that very much. They leave milk dud piles all over.....

                But they know me. They know I will give them food other than just whatever they can get from the land, grass, etc...

                As I grabbed the tarp from the truck, and turned around, this 5 pointer had followed me. He was standing maybe 5 feet from me, waiting to see if I had something for him.

                I closed the door with a bang, and he backed off. But still followed me back to the front door. As I was close to the house though, I shook out the tarp, and he took off.

                Food or flight.....

                Comment


                • #9
                  Mugo thinks about his ticket rep Alicia, the cheerleaders, and bananas, in that order.

                  Mugo hope she don't read this.....

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    I think that my dog thinks we are stupid because i know that they can understand when you speak to them like when i say eat & he goes crazy, but sometimes when i tell him to get over here he will come & other times he will just look at me like yeah right, why would i come over there.

                    So i know that they understand the words we say but they only listen to them when they feel like it or if it's something they want, wait is that what we do?
                    sigpic

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      Originally posted by HUMCALC View Post
                      I think it's pretty similar to "Homeward Bound" or atleast I hope it is
                      ....I wish I was.....

                      Comment


                      • #12
                        Originally posted by JWinn View Post
                        Years ago, we took the kids too Alamosa, Colorado to visit the Sand Dunes to watch a comet. While there, we went to a Lion/Tiger ranch, which I think no longer exists. As the group went along, we stopped at a cage of Mountain Lions. They just sat there, dozing on branches of old dead trees. We all wondered exactly this. What were they thinking, with a group of people standing there watching them do essentially noting.

                        As we were watching them, my son, about one and a half at the time started squirming in my wife's arms, so she put him down, and he started to walk around a little.

                        The cats, which might as well have been stuffed toys up to this point, all woke right up at this. They watched him, climbed down from the trees, and paced along with him. Whatever direction he went, they went.

                        When I went over to stand next to him, (he was only about 10 feet away), the cats all looked up at me and started to roar, or whine really. But it was clear. "Hey! That's our dinner! Go away!"

                        No doubt what they were thinking...


                        More recently, we have a lot of Mule Deer in the neighborhood. We always have, but lately, they have been near my house. About 20 to 30 of them. Monday, I had to run out to the truck to grab a tarp, and there was this little 5 pointer in the front yard. I know what he was thinking.

                        "Is he gonna feed me, or should I run?"

                        We feed the birds and I also will leave piles of feed for the deer, although my wife doesn't like that very much. They leave milk dud piles all over.....

                        But they know me. They know I will give them food other than just whatever they can get from the land, grass, etc...

                        As I grabbed the tarp from the truck, and turned around, this 5 pointer had followed me. He was standing maybe 5 feet from me, waiting to see if I had something for him.

                        I closed the door with a bang, and he backed off. But still followed me back to the front door. As I was close to the house though, I shook out the tarp, and he took off.

                        Food or flight.....

                        Oh....they like f words, especially 4 letter ones.

                        Comment


                        • #13
                          Originally posted by BroncosFanInPA View Post
                          I think that my dog thinks we are stupid because i know that they can understand when you speak to them like when i say eat & he goes crazy, but sometimes when i tell him to get over here he will come & other times he will just look at me like yeah right, why would i come over there.

                          So i know that they understand the words we say but they only listen to them when they feel like it or if it's something they want, wait is that what we do?
                          I talked to your dog, and I swore not to tell you what he's thinking.......

                          Comment


                          • #14
                            The deer are back tonight. I had 7 of them in the back while I was making steaks.

                            Somehow, they knew I bought a bag of wildlife feed today.

                            The little five pointer was back, and again, very brave. When I stepped off the deck with the bag of feed, all of them but him ran off about twenty yards. He just stood there and waited. He backed off a few feet, but seemed to want to be sure he got some before the girls chased him off.

                            Sure enough, the girls came in, and even though I set out a separate pile for each of them, they chased him around trying to hog it all.

                            Until this big 8 point buck came around from behind the barn. They all backed off for him. Even though there was very little left. But I set out more piles, and he got his dinner. They just stood there watching him and me.

                            It was so cool to see such a big guy tonight. A magnificent animal, and one I am sure my hunter, Taxidermist buddy would love!

                            I hope he's around tomorrow in the morning. I want to get some good pictures of him. A big 4x4 rack.

                            Love to have him shed those here......

                            Comment


                            • #15
                              Ya'll're leaving out the much thought about...


                              "Food... food... food... SQUIRREL!!!!!"

                              I still laugh at that!!!

                              Or... "I don't know you.. but I love you..."
                              *2011 BCMB Locker Room Division I League Champion*
                              *Voted; 2013 & 2015 BCMBA's Scariest Mod*
                              *Voted; 2014 BCMBA's Best Avi and Most Friendly*


                              Comment

                              Working...
                              X