Parental Dilemma

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Parental Dilemma

This one had my family and friends arguing for a week: You're 15 1/2 year old child, without a license, steals your prized BMW without your permission. HOWEVER THE CATCH IS, he ONLY DOES IT TO CAPTURE SOME TERRORISTS.

Do you ground him?
    "Happiness is just an illusion, filled with sadness and confusion." Jimmy Ruffin

I used to steal my mom's car for a lot of reasons, but about half the time I was using it to go visit my grandma at night without telling anyone.

My grandma and I were very close. We'd sit up all night and drink coffee or eat ice cream and talk.

Then I'd sneak the car back home.

Like I said, "about half the time" I was stealing it to go to grandma's. The other half, I was using it to do all kinds of other crap I shouldn't have been doing.

I didn't visit grandma to try to make myself feel better about what I was doing though. To my credit, when I stole the car to visit grandma, I did it because I genuinely wanted to see grandma.

Comment

Well... If he's taking it to stop a terrorist, I'd have no choice but to suspect drug use...contingent on the results of the drug test he would likely be grounded... Especially since I have lost a friend who did the same thing minus the terrorist.
      :usa: *** God Bless Our Military Men And Women*** :usa:

sigpic
      Adopted Bronco 2015 CJ Anderson

Comment

One time occurrence? No. I wouldn't ground him but he would have to wash it.

If he's a repeat offender doing the world good by capturing terrorists on a routine basis, I would ground him and then have him call Chuck Norris for a ride the next time.
        :usa: *** God Bless Our Military Men And Women*** :usa:

sigpic

Comment

I would be personally mad especially if it was damaged but would have to play like im proud. How do you punish someone for saving lives lol?

And I never took my parents car but I would sneak out of my window at night to go to partys. Never would get into stuff I had no business as far as drug usage or drinking but I would be out there wildin out lol. My mom was a generation or two older than my friends parents and was pretty oldschool so I had to have fun behind her back.

Comment

Would be disciplined for his negative actions and rewarded for his positive
            sigpic
            Thank you Charger$

Comment

I agree with Frenchy...first thing would be a drug test.
              sigpic
              Sig pic by dbfan2007

Originally posted by kishzilla
              You truly are a special kind of strange ha ha ha.
              You damn right!

Songs engineered, mixed, and mastered by yours truly...
              Have It All - Blu3
              Conceited - Blu3
              Intro (Failure Meets Success) - Blu3
              All On You - Blu3

Comment

Trick question - (1) I would never own a BMW and (2) Jack Bauer is older than fifteen.
                sigpic
                - ★ -
                2012 Adopt a Bronco : Joe Mays

Comment

Ironically BMW's are fairly common in Iraq....
                  sigpic

Comment

Depends on if he damaged the car
                    Administrator

sigpic

Comment

I'm confused, did he catch some terrorists or his grandma?

Comment

Can, I lol'D !

My take on the situation:

1-ask the kid to explain the terrorist thing (wich I doubt will convince anyone)

2-explain to him that the BM is a prized possession

3-ask him what is his most prized possession

4-if the car came back with damages, you know where I am going with this but, take his prized possession and make it dissapear for a while of not worse (like a oooooups I drop it and look now what it looks like, I am sorry I never should have 'borrwed' yours)

if it came back clean, I would anyways do something about it, ground him make him do chores or whatever..

I believe the principle that if you dont ever live a consequence for your actions you'll never change what your doing ... (if not marriages would be waaaaaay different ! )
                        Canadian Denver Bronco Fan #7

Adopted Broncos:
                        -:Mr. Decker:-

Comment

If I remember correctly, the BMW was blown up by one of the terrorists & the FBI informed the parents that their son had helped capture 2 terrorists
                          "Happiness is just an illusion, filled with sadness and confusion." Jimmy Ruffin

Comment

Originally posted by HUMCALC View Post
                            If I remember correctly, the BMW was blown up by one of the terrorists & the FBI informed the parents that their son had helped capture 2 terrorists
                            If there is actual proof from the FBI that he helped capture terrorists I would not punish him at all. I would give him a party with his friends to celebrate and show my pride for him. The only reason I would even be able to own the BMW is because of hero's like my son fighting for our freedom. Also wouldn't the FBI replace the BMW if this actually happened?

Also make sure he knows there is no other possible excuse that works for taking the car without permission. So it's a one time thing.
                            sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by HUMCALC View Post
                              you serious about this?

If he indeed capture a terrorist with the BMW then the games change but I would be very curious to read to whole story on how it all happens! :paper:

So I would then change my stance about the earlier post to add this is about the only receivable excuse for this type of actions....and thing is is insurance probable does not cover 'terrorist action totaling accident' lol
                              Canadian Denver Bronco Fan #7

Adopted Broncos:
                              -:Mr. Decker:-

Comment

Working...
                              X