Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Arthritis

Does anyone else here suffer from it?
    "Happiness is just an illusion, filled with sadness and confusion." Jimmy Ruffin

Not now, but my dad suffers from it and my grand use to have it (RIP).

It's a nasty (depending on the level you have) chronic disorder fo the immune system...But I am sure you alkready know ...
    Canadian Denver Bronco Fan #7

Adopted Broncos:
    -:Mr. Decker:-

Comment

Originally posted by Louich View Post
      Not now, but my dad suffers from it and my grand use to have it (RIP).

It's a nasty (depending on the level you have) chronic disorder fo the immune system...But I am sure you alkready know ...
      I have it in the jaw
      "Happiness is just an illusion, filled with sadness and confusion." Jimmy Ruffin

Comment

I have some degree of it, especially in my ankle.....which I believe was caused by excessive sports damage, including a completely broken leg that may have healed "slightly" less straight. So far it's just about being smart.....no more running or long walks. I've managed without meds to date, but had some real flare ups when on vacation......too much walking!!! Could be much worse. But it is permanently "thicker" on that ankle.

I keep my fingers crossed....

Comment

Not diagnosed, but I know I will have it eventually if I don't already have it in my knees
          :usa: *** God Bless Our Military Men And Women*** :usa:

sigpic
          Adopted Bronco 2015 CJ Anderson

Comment

Originally posted by HUMCALC View Post
            I have it in the jaw
            oh!

there is surely some type of medication to help with the inflamation (I dont remember the one my dad has). But unfortunately the condition does not seems willing to go once it starts happenning....

best of luck to you my friend! (in finding a solution that is ....)
            Canadian Denver Bronco Fan #7

Adopted Broncos:
            -:Mr. Decker:-

Comment

Originally posted by Louich View Post
              oh!

there is surely some type of medication to help with the inflamation (I dont remember the one my dad has). But unfortunately the condition does not seems willing to go once it starts happenning....

best of luck to you my friend! (in finding a solution that is ....)
              Thank you (especially since it radiates to & from my ear)

Comment

I also have a bit of a bite problem, and typically I do well if I wear a lower level mouth guard, which keeps the bite in check....this is TMJ related, and not arthritis, but it sure can hurt if not managed. I kind of let it run its course for a while once upon a time, and the pain was getting quite bad. And it ranges from pains in the face, including behind the eyes, ears and even into the tooth area....as a matter of fact, not only did it cause pain in my face, it felt like two pretty bad toothaches. Basically the muscles and joints are compromised because the normal jaw movement is not smooth and in sync.

But as I said, this is not arthritis.....wondering if the mouthguard treatment would help......

Comment

Originally posted by CanDB View Post
                  I have some degree of it, especially in my ankle.....which I believe was caused by excessive sports damage, including a completely broken leg that may have healed "slightly" less straight. So far it's just about being smart.....no more running or long walks. I've managed without meds to date, but had some real flare ups when on vacation......too much walking!!! Could be much worse. But it is permanently "thicker" on that ankle.

I keep my fingers crossed....
                  http://www.mcarthurnaturalproducts.com/

Look into this stuff. Anyone with Arthritis.

Comment

20 years old. Chronic arthritis in my right knee and ankle from eight separate surgeries. I have an extremely rare condition called Trevor disease.

Things are relatively good right now, I can walk without problems and do some light hiking. No more pick up football games though. My surgeon says I have about 5 years left on the ankle and the knee will need to be replaced at some point in the next 10-15 years.

I've tried various pain medications, but nothing helps more than RICE'ing it (Rest, Ice, Compress, and Elevate).

Comment

Originally posted by CanDB View Post
                      I also have a bit of a bite problem, and typically I do well if I wear a lower level mouth guard, which keeps the bite in check....this is TMJ related, and not arthritis, but it sure can hurt if not managed. I kind of let it run its course for a while once upon a time, and the pain was getting quite bad. And it ranges from pains in the face, including behind the eyes, ears and even into the tooth area....as a matter of fact, not only did it cause pain in my face, it felt like two pretty bad toothaches. Basically the muscles and joints are compromised because the normal jaw movement is not smooth and in sync.

But as I said, this is not arthritis.....wondering if the mouthguard treatment would help......
                      My arthritis is of the TMJ

Comment

Working...
                      X