• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• SBboundBRONCOS
    replied
    Originally posted by Bernie24 View Post
    Wow i went to get FIFA 12 at 10 pm

My friend got elbowed (accidently) and his tooth went through his lip

It was insane and ridiculous. There was a box of half off relatively new games (madden FIFA blackops arkham city) and they was no line just a horde around it

When they released it it was like starving people for food. Absolutely terrible. I picked a kid up off the floor who luckily had like 8 FIFA's with him so i asked if i could have 3

Moms in the front who had been there for hours got trampled on i felt so bad

I gave 2 moms a copy of FIFA one to my friend and kept one for myself.

Ridiculous some lady got trampled and had her leg broken. I hope she sues walmart for letting that happen they oughta have a line with security for this stuff.
    THIS WAS EXACTLY MY EXPERIENCE. i was trying to get BF3 batman and FIFA, people could have got really hurt i shoved some little punk kid that was pushing me into everyone

a few people i was chatting with just grabbed games and came out with fifa and a BF3 and they didnt want them. they only had 3-9 copies of each game, it was stupid

went to BB the next morning around 12 to see what they had left, TONS of BF3 i grabbed the last batman and AC:revelations for like 1 buck more than walmart was selling for

i did manage to snag that kinect 360 bundle sell the kinect and my old xbox and came away in the positive for a new xbox

i also managed to get inception the dark knight, pulp fiction, pineapple express, and a WHOLE BUNCH of blurays for 5 or 10 bucks

Leave a comment:

• kishzilla
    replied
    I've done it twice now. Both times to Best Buy for one specific item. A laptop.

Last year it was for my sister, this year for my fiancee. Last year I got it, this year they sold out before I got a chance.

I wont be doing it again. Getting skunked, imo, offset the savings I got last year and what I would have gotten this year. My time is worth something and waiting in line for 3 hours in the cold for no reason sucks.

Plus, seeing people at their worst is kind of disconcerting. People acting that crazy over "stuff" makes you kind of loose faith in people's humanity. There was somebody who drove by the line and yelled out "YOU'RE ALL SLAVES TO CORPORATE GREED!"

I kind of agree with him. I think I may be making presents this year....

Leave a comment:

• Twizlers
    replied
    Working retail on black friday sure is an... experience. I work at a super target and the line started at one end of the store, went all the way down to the other end, wrapped around the corner, and wrapped around the back of the store before we finally opened. 2nd black friday morning I've worked, but this year was busier. Absolute madness for the first hour and a half, then by 4am it was completely dead. By the time 7am rolled around it started picking up again, with the sane people who slept in coming in and STILL getting their chances on all the door busters and DVDs/blu ray deals (with the exception of like the TVs, netbooks, and xboxes).

We only had one "disturbance" when a lady had 2 of the $298 46" TVs on a flat, a woman comes up and just tries to take one. The lady said that the other was for her husband and the woman was like, "You don't need 2, Imma take one" and they got into a shouting match (no punches) when we finally broke it up.

Leave a comment:

• Frenchy180
    replied
    So far I've been to best buy... I spent more than I probably should have on myself I just couldn't go any longer without 5.1 surround sound...

Leave a comment:

• BroncoFanBoy
    replied
    Well I went to Best Buy, Tradesmart, and Target today, and the line at Best Buy was pretty long, but me and my friend played checkers on my iPhone while waiting, and it didn't take too long. I got Family Guy Something, Something Dark Side, Inception for DVD, and a How to Train your Dragon Dual set (for my sister for christmas) and I only spent about 43 bucks or so. Good day!

Leave a comment:

• JWinn
    replied
    I went fishing with my wife and my friend Steve.

Was at the lake about 8:30 or so, and my wife hit a fish before I even got my rod set up! Steve wasn't "in the water" yet either. It's what I get for setting her up first. First cast. Immediate hit.

As good as being first in line at Walmart, without sleeping there first. She was happy!

She caught 2, including first fish, and biggest fish. Steve caught 3, and I got 5. Plus last fish. The wife and I each brought one home for dinner. All of us missed several hits, and Steve and I each had one get off just as they got to shore. Nothing over a foot, but at this lake, that a monster. Most of 'em are 8 to 10 inchers there, so we rarely bring any home. But they are getting bigger and fatter now, so.....

Fishy tonight!

Hardly anyone there. Just a few kids. Could hear dogs barking, and some shooting over the ridge. Light wind, but cloudy, so kinda cool. Glass lake for half the time. Perfect. Could have even brought the boat and trolled.

Score!

Leave a comment:

• Scheyjosh
    replied
    I work at best buy and luckily have a trick up my sleeve for getting to a checkout fast. Parking,line, finding object, and paying took less than an hour. Score. Got lord of the rings trilogy on bluray for $50

Leave a comment:

• Broncoholic3233
    replied
    First time I've ever done this. It wasn't bad at all.

Went to Gamestop first. Was one of the first in line.

Got myself a PS3 slim 320GB, with 2 new games for only $200 (savings of about $170).

Then got another one as a gift for Christmas for a family member.

Then went to Target and got another one, because Gamestop had sold out, and I wanted another one for another family member for Christmas.

Also got myself a new coffee maker along with some good movie deals.

That took about 3 hours. It was well worth it, and I had no problems. Probably won't do it again, just because I don't typically care, but those PS3 bundles were a great deal.

Leave a comment:

• prez
    replied
    went out 2day to get the boy some stuff , it was freakin nuts but saved alot of money . i just took my time and watched all the idiots do there thing...........it was kinda fun to watch

Leave a comment:

• captainbronco
    replied
    It's crazy people these days are really materialistic its sad really.
    When. You work retail you see the bad side of people if the human race doesn't make it I'm
    Not surprised

Leave a comment:

• Bernie24
    replied
    Wow i went to get FIFA 12 at 10 pm

My friend got elbowed (accidently) and his tooth went through his lip

It was insane and ridiculous. There was a box of half off relatively new games (madden FIFA blackops arkham city) and they was no line just a horde around it

When they released it it was like starving people for food. Absolutely terrible. I picked a kid up off the floor who luckily had like 8 FIFA's with him so i asked if i could have 3

Moms in the front who had been there for hours got trampled on i felt so bad

I gave 2 moms a copy of FIFA one to my friend and kept one for myself.

Ridiculous some lady got trampled and had her leg broken. I hope she sues walmart for letting that happen they oughta have a line with security for this stuff.

Leave a comment:

• aberdien
    replied
    I just got back from my local Walmart. They released new things at 10 and at midnight and I think they'll be doing it again at 8.

That was some bizarre stuff. Nobody got in fights like I hoped, but right when the clock hit 10 and midnight you could tell a storm was a brewing. People were yelling and gasping and running and grabbing as much of an object as humanly possible. Soon enough people had like 5 TVs in their baskets, a handful of printers, some cameras. Definitely some black market stuff going down courtesy of some of those people. Humans are so selfish it's hilarious.

I bought 7 movies and some chips and salsa for 25 bucks. Score.

Leave a comment:

• Frenchy180
    replied
    Originally posted by shawinkerpoppin View Post
    loooool that was a nice laugh.
    but seriously... It wouldn't be too expensive to do if you went with that size which is more than enough in that small of a room... I might actually consider that now

Leave a comment:

• shawinkerpoppin
    replied
    Originally posted by Frenchy180 View Post
    "hey, come check out my 19 incher in the bathroom!"

(that's not inappropriate is it?)
    loooool that was a nice laugh.

Leave a comment:

• Frenchy180
    replied
    Originally posted by shawinkerpoppin View Post
    I was thinking about going to wal mart and looking for a tv to put in my bathroom (always been a dream of mine for some reason. Maybe I watched to much MTV cribs) but I said forget about it. It aint worth it.
    "hey, come check out my 19 incher in the bathroom!"

(that's not inappropriate is it?)

Leave a comment:

Working...
X