X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• broncoFan!
    replied
    Originally posted by ebsoria View Post
    Well.. since we are being serious and not :wave: I have a few things to say.

First.. you'll find as you get older your bills get bigger. It may not seem like it now, but as you make more you spend more. You get a nicer car. You get a nicer place. A lot live within their means, but many go over.

Working at a kiosk selling cell phones doesn't pay for the ideal life most American's dream about. I know you're sitting there with your current obligations thinking it doesn't get "bigger", but it does. I went from one cell phone at $12/mo to 2 smart phones at $120/mo for both. When I first moved out I paid $400/mo on rent. Now I'm looking a $1700/mo mortgage in the face for a 4 bedroom in Roseville, Ca. I started life at $200/mo for 6 months on my first car paid to my parents for a '88 Dodge Shadow 5 speed with turbo and moved into looking at a new truck at $500/mo for 60 months hoping insurance doesn't kill me!

So... long story short... yes, start planning for tomorrow. You are young now. So, yes, business major of some sort would benefit you. Don't plan to just sit and sell the cell phones. Don't plan to just sit and play with the cell phones and hope it pays the bills. You'll find the bills get bigger as you get older. But, there is still room to live how you want to live if you do it right.

Above all else.. you are young now. Enjoy it while you can. You get ONE shot to be young. Don't blow it.
    Thank you man! I needed to here that advice even though I did not want to here it lol. In my generation its spend, spend, spend. Just ask look at your local politician.

Anyway, I have over $1,500 saved up for a car and college. So I'm getting there! Sorry for the late response, I've been busy with college. Crazy busy!

Leave a comment:

• broncoFan!
    replied
    Originally posted by HavoK471 View Post
    I don't understand what you're asking

Do you want to sell phones?

Help create/design phones?

Work in advertising for a company?
    For now I think it would be reasonable to say I could get a job selling phones. To further pursue phone marketing I would need a different type of degree. So basically I'm asking where should I start?

Leave a comment:

• // / yardo
    replied
    Originally posted by broncoFan! View Post
    That is a great idea. I just pimped out my YouTube account so now would be a perfect time to do this I suppose. Cp to you!
    No prob man. Good luck.

Leave a comment:

• HavoK471
    replied
    I don't understand what you're asking

Do you want to sell phones?

Help create/design phones?

Work in advertising for a company?

Leave a comment:

• Jay3
    replied
    I would try to work for one of the manufacturers developing new phones. Go get a degree in computer programming, emphasis in Android. Or a degree in business, emphasis in electronics industry.

Leave a comment:

• ebsoria
    replied
    "Hello T.Bell? Yah we need you to suit up again. McGahee is injured and Knowshon is out so come on out." Lol is that what the conversation would look like? :

I'd like to be a retail salesman for Verizon Wireless and work full time there. At this stage in my life that would be a really cool thing for me.

What type of degree should I go for? A business degree? Management would be O.K. I can't see it being too fun. Whatever pays the bills and lets me watch the Broncos on Sunday is cool though!
    u! )
    Well.. since we are being serious and not :wave: I have a few things to say.

First.. you'll find as you get older your bills get bigger. It may not seem like it now, but as you make more you spend more. You get a nicer car. You get a nicer place. A lot live within their means, but many go over.

Working at a kiosk selling cell phones doesn't pay for the ideal life most American's dream about. I know you're sitting there with your current obligations thinking it doesn't get "bigger", but it does. I went from one cell phone at $12/mo to 2 smart phones at $120/mo for both. When I first moved out I paid $400/mo on rent. Now I'm looking a $1700/mo mortgage in the face for a 4 bedroom in Roseville, Ca. I started life at $200/mo for 6 months on my first car paid to my parents for a '88 Dodge Shadow 5 speed with turbo and moved into looking at a new truck at $500/mo for 60 months hoping insurance doesn't kill me!

So... long story short... yes, start planning for tomorrow. You are young now. So, yes, business major of some sort would benefit you. Don't plan to just sit and sell the cell phones. Don't plan to just sit and play with the cell phones and hope it pays the bills. You'll find the bills get bigger as you get older. But, there is still room to live how you want to live if you do it right.

Above all else.. you are young now. Enjoy it while you can. You get ONE shot to be young. Don't blow it.

Leave a comment:

• Sync
    replied
    Of course you could make it a career. There are tons of things you could do - personally I wouldn't exactly find the retail & management aspect of the phone industry (or any industry!) appealing; but product design, OS design, marketing & advertisement... those things could certainly be interesting. Whatever path you eventually take, good luck to ya.

Leave a comment:

• Remedy
    replied
    For sure right?
    without a doubt the new bold 9900 has a 6% bigger key board! It drives me nuts every time I walk by one in a store. just calls my name... 'Loooook at meee with my bigger keyboard'

Leave a comment:

• broncoFan!
    replied
    Originally posted by Remedy View Post
    once you get that pimpin blog and they start handing you free phones.. you can hook me up with the latest and greatest so I am not buying new blackberrys every year
    For sure right?

Leave a comment:

• Remedy
    replied
    once you get that pimpin blog and they start handing you free phones.. you can hook me up with the latest and greatest so I am not buying new blackberrys every year

Leave a comment:

• broncoFan!
    replied
    Originally posted by Remedy View Post
    I am sure you could make a career out of it.
    Do what you love and you will never work a day in your life.
    Thank you! I think I will look into the industry.

Originally posted by ebsoria View Post
    I'm sure you could make it into a career with the proper schooling and drive. I don't know where it'll lead.. maybe some sort of management position with one of them??

I'd imagine selling the phones from a kiosk isn't what you have in mind? You could always ask Tatum Bell what he thinks..
    "Hello T.Bell? Yah we need you to suit up again. McGahee is injured and Knowshon is out so come on out." Lol is that what the conversation would look like?

I'd like to be a retail salesman for Verizon Wireless and work full time there. At this stage in my life that would be a really cool thing for me.

What type of degree should I go for? A business degree? Management would be O.K. I can't see it being too fun. Whatever pays the bills and lets me watch the Broncos on Sunday is cool though!

Originally posted by CanDB View Post
    I was fortunate to have made a career working for a phone company, once I graduated from U. But when I started, there was little more than simple phones, and basic long distance plans. I was lucky to ride the wave that came with new technology and vastly more competitive marketing, starting with a wider selection of phones, then calling features, cellular service, internet and where I worked, TV.....since I retired some of the new gizmos and platforms are making life quite exciting, with integrated hand held devices that seem to be growing in possibilities as we speak.

So.....good old telephone companies have become high tech, integrated, multi-faceted companies. The question is....where and what next (in the world of telecommunications)?

Good luck in your travels......you have an interest and that's cool......maybe make contact with an HR manager in a telco, and see what they recommend you apply for.

Thank you Can! And definitely phones have changed from your lifetime to mine.
    Again as I said before my goal at this point in my life is to work for Verizon Wireless simply as a retail salesman. That would pay 99% of the bills that I have.

Originally posted by // / yardo View Post
    Start a phone review blog. If you're reviews are really good and well written you can get hired by tech websites that'll not only pay you but let you review phones as they're released. You can make money on you blog by selling ad spaces.

That is a great idea. I just pimped out my YouTube account so now would be a perfect time to do this I suppose. Cp to you!

Leave a comment:

• // / yardo
    replied
    Start a phone review blog. If you're reviews are really good and well written you can get hired by tech websites that'll not only pay you but let you review phones as they're released. You can make money on you blog by selling ad spaces.

Leave a comment:

• CanDB
    replied
    I was fortunate to have made a career working for a phone company, once I graduated from U. But when I started, there was little more than simple phones, and basic long distance plans. I was lucky to ride the wave that came with new technology and vastly more competitive marketing, starting with a wider selection of phones, then calling features, cellular service, internet and where I worked, TV.....since I retired some of the new gizmos and platforms are making life quite exciting, with integrated hand held devices that seem to be growing in possibilities as we speak.

So.....good old telephone companies have become high tech, integrated, multi-faceted companies. The question is....where and what next (in the world of telecommunications)?

Good luck in your travels......you have an interest and that's cool......maybe make contact with an HR manager in a telco, and see what they recommend you apply for.
    Last edited by CanDB; 11-26-2011, 08:45 PM.

Leave a comment:

• ebsoria
    replied
    I'm sure you could make it into a career with the proper schooling and drive. I don't know where it'll lead.. maybe some sort of management position with one of them??

I'd imagine selling the phones from a kiosk isn't what you have in mind? You could always ask Tatum Bell what he thinks..

Leave a comment:

• Remedy
    replied
    I am sure you could make a career out of it.
    Do what you love and you will never work a day in your life.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X