Honeymoon - Colorado / Denver

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Honeymoon - Colorado / Denver

Hey, from the UK and as I am a Broncos fan and a fan of great scenery I have been thinking of going on my honeymoon to Colorado. Anyway would have to do it in the summer as I am a teacher so thats the best time I can go, gutted I wont be able to catch a Broncos game but heard so many great things about the area was thinking of going there on my honeymoon. Anyway was looking at about a 18 - 21 day holiday. Would also like to go somewhere else in the states, maybe New York or Vegas. But just wanted your guys opinions and info, how good would colorado/denver be as a destination? Shopping? eating? things to do? etc. Any advice or tips greatly appreciated

Thanks

http://www.breckenridge.com/info/summer.aspx

You have to hit up Breck, or Copper Mtn, or Estes Park in the Summer.

Vegas will be stifling hot, as it gets in the 110's during the Summer. New York is hit or miss. Spring or Fall would be more ideal for a trip there.

If you plan on visiting in August, you could catch a Broncos Preseason game. There is plenty to do in Denver/Colorado in the Summer. If you like hiking, rafting, camping, you'll be in heaven. And LoDo has plenty of dining options that you'll have to make a second trip in the near future.
    sigpic
    HOPING TO SEE MORE OF THIS IN 2012

ESPN’s John Clayton reported that McKenzie is expected to review Jackson’s performance for the next week or so. Clayton reports that the odds favor Jackson staying in Oakland, but a decision has not been made. "I still get the feeling Jackson will end up being retained." 3 1/2 HOURS LATER, THE RAIDERS FIRED JACKSON.....GOOD CALL CLAYTON

Comment

Do your best to take your wife to a show at Red Rocks. And really, any show would be great up there. It's the best place in the world to see a show.

Comment

Estes Park and Rocky Mountain National Park is a must. Spent a day or two in Glenwood Springs and hit the Vapor Caves. Ouray is a great little town with a fun hot springs pool as well.

The Great Sand Dunes is fun, and while there don't forget to hot up the Alligator farm (a fun little tourist trap).

While in Denver be sure to catch an evening Rockies Baseball game.

Comment

Originally posted by Grav View Post
          Hey, from the UK and as I am a Broncos fan and a fan of great scenery I have been thinking of going on my honeymoon to Colorado. Anyway would have to do it in the summer as I am a teacher so thats the best time I can go, gutted I wont be able to catch a Broncos game but heard so many great things about the area was thinking of going there on my honeymoon. Anyway was looking at about a 18 - 21 day holiday. Would also like to go somewhere else in the states, maybe New York or Vegas. But just wanted your guys opinions and info, how good would colorado/denver be as a destination? Shopping? eating? things to do? etc. Any advice or tips greatly appreciated

Thanks
          You have time to plan... that is good.

The Rocky Mountains are incredible... as others here noted.
          Many old mines and incredible vistas...
          Central City is a cool old western town with gambling...

You should plan to rent a car for at least a few days and drive around Colorado...
          the San Juan Mountains in the south of the state are gorgeous.

Telluride, Ouray ( called the Switzerland of the West)
          Silverton... Mesa Verde.. the Cliff Dwellings are incredible.

There are ghost towns, train rides, rafting, caves.

Denver itself has a lot of things to do... like they said above.

Yeah Vegas is not far away, either.

You have lots of time to plan....

Good luck. Let ne know if you want some further asistance.
          I'd be glad to help.
          - Go Broncos 2017 and Beyond! -

Super Bowl 50 CHAMPIONS!

Comment

Thanks guys, keep them coming

Comment

Estes Park. Just don't go nuts.
              Adopted Poster
              AZ Snake Fan

Comment

Air Force Academy

http://www.usafa.af.mil/

If you go to Vegas you can check out the Chapel

http://www.earthcam.com/usa/nevada/l...hp?cam=wedding

..you might see Elvis
                Last edited by 2 Minute Warning; 11-30-2011, 10:14 AM.

Comment

bumppppppp

Comment

Working...
                  X