Hot Off The Press!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hot Off The Press!

DENVER (AP) - Prosecutors dropped a marijuana possession charge against Denver Nuggets star Carmelo Anthony on Wednesday, saying it would be tough to get a conviction after a friend claimed the drug was his, not Anthony's.

Anthony was charged with possessing less than 1 ounce of marijuana on Oct. 15 after a bag with the drug was found in his backpack as the team waited to board a flight to Milwaukee for a preseason game.

Anthony said the drug belonged to a friend, James Cunningham. Cunningham signed an affidavit saying it was his.

Cunningham, who often stays with Anthony when he is in town on business, said he borrowed the backpack without Anthony's knowledge and accidentally left the marijuana in it.

City attorney Cole Finegan said Cunningham's affidavit was forwarded to police for a decision on whether to issue him a citation.

"Carmelo is happy to have been vindicated by the case being dismissed," said Anthony's attorney, Daniel Recht. "From the beginning, he has said he was innocent and never intended to possess the marijuana."

Shortly after Anthony was charged, Nuggets general manager Kiki Vandeweghe sent Cole a letter saying Anthony had passed four random drug tests last season and that his tests from U.S. Olympic Committee at the Athens Games this summer were also negative.

"He has passed every drug test with the Nuggets because he does not take illegal drugs," Recht said. "The case has upset Carmelo a great deal because he does not want his fans, especially the kids, to get the wrong impression of him."

This article has been written by me and will be put in my school paper, rate it on a scale of 1-10.

I have also been chosen to write a preview for the Broncos-Saints game, which i will post in the boards later in the week, you all will be able to rate it as well.

Thanks to B4Bronco6 for the sig!
    RB #22 Wisconsin Badgers
    Know this above all else. This life is your only life. So while you live life, make the most of every second, minute and hour that you have. Time stops for no one. Don't stop for time. Seize the day.
    -Kobe Bryant-

Since it has nothing to do with the Broncos, I give it a 1.

Comment

Uhhh.... This happend about 2 or 3 weeks ago.
      sigpic

Comment

the thing started 2-3 weeks ago but the prosecutor dropped charges at 5:30 P.M. MST

And Dark Knight...o.k. u gave it a low rating because it is not bronco related, but did i do god at writing it? did i state the topic clearly? i want to know those things you know spelling errors, punctuation grammar etc.

RB #22 Wisconsin Badgers
        Know this above all else. This life is your only life. So while you live life, make the most of every second, minute and hour that you have. Time stops for no one. Don't stop for time. Seize the day.
        -Kobe Bryant-

Comment

If rich athletes want to pay me a salary, I will take their midemeanor possession charges so they don't take the fall.

Comment

Why the hell is he gonna be caught with this sh**. The guy is looked upon as the DEnver franchise player in Basketball, not to mention the money he's got. To blow on this is really retarted but luckily he was able to get off, or maybe unfortuneately

I give this a 4 because I dont have an idea what your stand is on this topic?
            “The Oakland raiders are so bad.”
            “How bad are they???”
            “They’re so bad that they get ______ed by every
            Team”

04 plummer4presdnt 139
            10/11+ / 8 / 8+ / 9+ /11/ 10 / 9+ / 7 / 8 / 8 / 9 /7 /6 /6+ / 7

4th in Bronco pick'em

Comment

8 that was impressive and im also very happy that the case was dropped or else there went my nuggs season

Comment

Originally posted by Portis'HomeDogg
                the thing started 2-3 weeks ago but the prosecutor dropped charges at 5:30 P.M. MST

And Dark Knight...o.k. u gave it a low rating because it is not bronco related, but did i do god at writing it? did i state the topic clearly? i want to know those things you know spelling errors, punctuation grammar etc.

I would have given it a better grade, had it been in the Anything but Football forum, but since that basic board rule has not been followed, I had to fail you.

Comment

Plummer: I don't have to give my side in the articles but, I am glad that the charges were dropped, I don't think Carmelo did anything. What do you grade it now?

Dark Knight: I did double-post one in the Anything But Football forum. What do you grade it now?

Interpol: o...k what do you grade it?

RB #22 Wisconsin Badgers
                  -Kobe Bryant-

Comment

good for Melo, but the Nuggs are in for a loooong season IMO™
                    This space for rent

Comment

Do you work for the (AP) .....Associated Press????????
                      "Go away kid, you bother me"....W.C. Fields

Comment

i know that if it was me.. i woulda have been busted ... i seriously think that if the leauge dont take action on peopls actions on and off the court or field like they would any other person to be a crazy ... go figure .....off topic SUSPEND ALL THOSE PLAYERS IN VOLVED IN THAT FIGHT indiana for the year and arrest them!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
                        The fool who fancies he is full of wisdom
                        While he sits by his hearth at home.
                        Quickly finds when questioned by others .
                        That he knows nothing at all.

Comment

Why not I guess...Give more special treatment to athletes.......
                          Go Broncos, Capitals, and Orioles

Thanks SNK16

Comment

Working...
                          X