Scary insect stories....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Scary insect stories....

Okay, apparently i've been falling asleep way too easily... so now i'm looking for scary insect stories to keep me awake!
    What's your scariest or grossest?

I was in Ica, Peru once, in this amazing old courtyard hotel. In each room they gave us baskets of wine and candy, hard candy. Well, at night i was walking around barefoot, the lights were out (my roommate and i were trying to sneak out, so we were watching for our chaperone through the window), when i stepped on a piece of the candy. CRUNCH! A few minutes later my roommate flipped on the light and screamed "THERE IS THE BIGGEST C0CKROACH I'VE EVER SEEN BY THE WINDOW!" I freaked out, but she calmed me down by telling me it was DEAD, someone had stepped on it. Yep, me. Barefoot, i stepped on the biggest-peruvian-monster-size-roach i've ever seen. I scrubbed my foot for hours. Oh, and another time i was at a friend's house and got in the shower only to see black specks ALL OVER ME when i turned on the water. Turned out ants had made a nest in the showerhead....
    Orange/Blue Girl in L.A.

Wow. I could deal with stepping barefoot on a ****roach but the thing with the ants would've been traumatic.

Hmm, let's see. I can't think of any that compare to yours.

I used to have a pack of Quaker instant oatmeal that had been sitting around for a while. Finally, I figured that I might as well eat it and get rid of it. Well, when I poured the boiling water into a bowl with the oatmeal, all the oatmeal sank to the bottom and all these worms floated to the top.

This isn't an insect story, but it's still nasty. Once, in Thailand, I had to use the bathroom. When I looked into the toilet bowl, there was a little orange worm wriggling in the water. I suspect the previous user had digestive tract parasites.

If you really want to be grossed out there's a picture on the internet of a botfly larva embedded in a little boy's eye. It is truly disturbing.

Comment

This is my scariest, but it doesnt even compare to yours.....eeeeeewwwwwwwwwwwww

I was like 7 or 8 months pregnant with my son and so my sleeping pattern was not normal. I was getting ready to go to bed at about 3 am and I shut off all the lights and the condo was pitch black. Normally, I just walked to the bedroom w/o flipping on the hall light, cause it's a straight shot, but this night I flipped it on. Well right in front of my bedroom door was the biggest spider I have ever seen, even to this day. I'd say it was the size of my palm, including the legs. Well I screamed........and ran to get the vaccum. I could not crush something that big, too gross.

Well everytime I tried to suck it up with the vaccum, it would jump, not just scurry, but JUMP, towards me. Everytime it did, I screamed. Well it only took my now ex, fifteen minutes of his pregnant woman screaming in front of the bedroom door before he woke up and killed it.

Comment

Spiders are terrifying when they JUMP! Thank god you flipped on that light too.... ugggh. I can't imagine seeing a spider that size in my house. i think i'd just pack my stuff and move!

i had another experience i just remembered.... So i was about to get in the shower and i grabbed the showercap off of the door and put it on. didn't think much of it...until i felt something TICKLING me near my ear. i looked in the mirror and saw a SPIDER LEG sticking out from beneath the showercap! i screamed and hurled off the showercap, shook my head like a mad woman until i saw it fall and try to scamper off. Needless to say, i inspect the showercap now before i put it on. God, it's amazing i still take showers! LOL.

Oh, and Orange&Blue, i once took a sip of coffee and felt something in my mouth - spit it out and saw a DRIED WORM (maggot?). Not sure if it came from the powdered creamer or the sugar...but it didn't matter, i gagged. And i won't even tell you how many times i've found gross bugs in pistachios.... always look before you pop those things in your mouth!
        Orange/Blue Girl in L.A.

Comment

Originally posted by orang/blu in LA
          Oh, and Orange&Blue, i once took a sip of coffee and felt something in my mouth - spit it out and saw a DRIED WORM (maggot?). Not sure if it came from the powdered creamer or the sugar...but it didn't matter, i gagged. And i won't even tell you how many times i've found gross bugs in pistachios.... always look before you pop those things in your mouth!
          Girl, we both know that that ain't no coffee you were drinkin' but a certain Mexican alcoholic beverage renowned for having a worm at the bottom of the bottle! Ha ha only joking. Maggot in the mouth; gross. Even though I don't eat nuts very often, I'll have to watch out for pistachios.

That reminds me, have you ever seen those tequila suckers with the worm inside? Can't say I want to try one.

I just remembered some more stories. Once, at the university cafeteria I was getting some milk during lunchtime. The milk dispenser had a clear plastic nozzle. Out of the corner of my eye, I saw something black pass quickly through the nozzle. After pouring out some milk, it turned out to be a dead cricket. Nice huh? That was a strange day because in the class I had had before lunch, one of my classmates had been partying all night. He got up in the middle of class and headed for the door, but once he got to the end of the room, instead of turning right to go to the door, he just walked right into the wall.

Another time, back in the dorm days, I went into a lounge room on my floor that I believe was rarely used. There were so many dead houseflies in there. It was like housefly apocalypse. Seriously there had to be hundreds scattered everywhere. I'm guessing something died in there and a lot of flies lived out their lifecycle in that room.

Comment

Ewww! A CRICKET IN THE MILK! and the flies...uggh... i hate flies. when you see that many you know something is amiss. And yeah, those tequilla suckers are just NOT appealing to me. no thank you! isn't there some statistic that says the average american swallows like 6 spiders a year in their sleep? not sure how it goes, but it's pretty frightening. i mean, yeah, you're asleep, but yuck. i once opened my eyes to one on the pillow next to me - i'm sure if i hadn't have woken up, he would've been my next snack. gross!
            Orange/Blue Girl in L.A.

Comment

let me just start by saying i am TERRIFIED of bees.

it was summer and i was trying to get to sleep. it was hot so i got a fan and put it at the front on my bed right over my head. the fan was resting on my head and the wind felt good and i finally got to sleep. i started dreaming about women when all of a sudden i heard a swam of bees coming, i looked around and saw my whole family covered in bees and screaming and then i heard the bzzzt sound in my ear, in my dream i was running around and trying to get away from the bees but it was just following me and i could hear the bzzzt getting louder. i started screamin and i was really scared cause i hate bees i have never been stung before and i could feel i was going to get stung any minute. i got so scared i started tossing and turnin and woke up and found out that that bzzzt noise was coming from the fan on my head cause it was pressing against the frontguard thing hitting the front and making the noise.

I turned the fan off and laughed cause i know i looked stupid in my sleep.
              Last edited by Return of Lava; 12-12-2003, 01:25 PM.
              dont let him pull dat move on ya, dont let him pull that move.......................oh no dats da move! TOUCHDOWN!!!

I tried to warn ya.

Comment

Originally posted by Return of Lava
                let me just start by saying i am TERRIFIED of bees.
                Oh my god, that story is funny! i mean, the dream sounded scary - but the fan part was funny. I'm terrified of bees too - i have a major bee phobia. I mean, my phobia is BAD - i've jumped out of a moving car when a bee flew in (we weren't going that fast, but still). I am allergic to them - so i guess that's part of it.... But so for some reason they seem to follow me. Maybe it's that whole smelling fear thing - but they just seem to be after me. LOL. Anyhow - when i was younger we had a bee hive in our backyard. i never went outside. so one day, we look into the backyard, and the air is BLACK with bees. they're everywhere, like a cloud descended on our house. we had to call our animals inside, we couldn't leave. even through the phone, with the windows closed, my friend could hear the buzzing. they were bouncing off the windows, the sliding glass door... then i noticed them coming out of the fireplace. that's when i ran to my room and hid. it lasted for a while - and then stopped. dead bees everywhere. we had a guy come and seal up the hive after that. i guess that now and then hives go to war with each other, and that's what happened. I still have nightmares about that.
                Last edited by orang/blu in LA; 12-12-2003, 03:43 PM.
                Orange/Blue Girl in L.A.

Comment

Oh my god, that story is funny! i mean, the dream sounded scary - but the fan part was funny. I'm terrified of bees too - i have a major bee phobia. I mean, my phobia is BAD - i've jumped out of a moving car when a bee flew it (we weren't going that fast, but still). I am allergic to them - so i guess that's part of it.... But so for some reason they seem to follow me. Maybe it's that whole smelling fear thing - but they just seem to be after me. LOL. Anyhow - when i was younger we had a bee hive in our backyard. i never went outside. so one day, we look into the backyard, and the air is BLACK with bees. they're everywhere, like a cloud descended on our house. we had to call our animals inside, we couldn't leave. even through the phone, with the windows closed, my friend could hear the buzzing. they were bouncing off the windows, the sliding glass door... then i noticed them coming out of the fireplace. that's when i ran to my room and hid. it lasted for a while - and then stopped. dead bees everywhere. we had a guy come and seal up the hive after that. i guess that now and then hives go to war with each other, and that's what happened. I still have nightmares about that.
                  I remember one time we went fishing in a boat and we paddled right next a wasp nest by accident. i swear i was getting ready to jump in the water clothes and all. but they werent concerened with us beind there and left us alone. i cant stand them, i guess me and you are the same cause i would have ran and hid too if i saw a swarm coming for me. i also ran from my old girlfriend once cause a bee was circling her head LOL i was really embarrased but still sting free to this day.
                  dont let him pull dat move on ya, dont let him pull that move.......................oh no dats da move! TOUCHDOWN!!!

I tried to warn ya.

Comment

I'm terrified of bees too - i have a major bee phobia. I mean, my phobia is BAD - i've jumped out of a moving car when a bee flew it (we weren't going that fast, but still).
                    Dang, maybe you should consider a career as a stunt double! I know you said the car wasn't moving very fast, but I have this image in my mind of someone jumping out of a car and tucking and rolling.

Man, that bee cloud story sounds bad. You know that song in The Wizard of Oz that plays when the flying monkeys swoop down? That song would go well with your bee cloud situation.

This last summer, one of my friends and I were bored, so we just drove aimlessly into the mountains and came across a cool picnic area near a river. After parking the car and leaning forward to pull the key out of the ignition, I leaned back and felt a sharp jab in the back. I yelled, "Ow!! What the f___ was that?!" When I got out of the car and looked on the seat, there was a dead bumble bee. You know those right? The big furry bees? That was my 1st time stung by a bee. It actually doesn't hurt really bad, but it is surprising.

Here's one more bug story. Every summer, miller moths come through the state. Well one warm night, I was driving with my window rolled all the way down. Then I heard a pop and felt some liquid hit my face. I later found out that a miller moth had hit my driverside mirror just right so that the guts spattered out in my direction.

Comment

i dontknow what it is about them bees, but i would rather get punched in the face than stung by a bee, even though i know it wont hurt that long to get stung. i think its the bzzzt sound they make than chills me.

I tried to warn ya.

Comment

i dontknow what it is about them bees, but i would rather get punched in the face than stung by a bee, even though i know it wont hurt that long to get stung. i think its the bzzzt sound they make than chills me.
                        It feels kind of like getting pricked by a cactus and it burns a little bit. The suspense is worse than the reality of it. Though if you're allergic, I hear you better get to the hospital quick.

Comment

You and me both. I just seem them as evil creatures! LOL. Oh, another example of my bad luck with bees - bees were getting into my apartment (the one i live in now). at first i found a dozen or so dead ones in a few window sills (between the screen and the glass) - and then a dead on in the kitchen sink, and then a dead one on the bathroom floor. i freaked. every day i'd come home and see a dead one somewhere it hadn't been before. Then i found a live one next to my coffee machine, staring me down. had to have a friend come over and kill it. another live one later. Eventually, after my cheapo landlord made ridiculous attempts to keep them out - i called a bee expert. the man showed up in a SAFARI OUTFIT, complete with the hat. He bee proofed my entire building - and while doing so, noticed that i was a jumpy mess. he gave me his card, said that he could see i had a major phobia and that if i ever found one, day or night, i could call him and he'd take care of it. I swear, that day i probably would've married that man had he asked! he was SO not attractive, and he looked like a freak in his safari outfit, but he could save me from my biggest fear! Anyhow - no bees since. knock on wood.
                          Orange/Blue Girl in L.A.

Comment

i called a bee expert. the man showed up in a SAFARI OUTFIT, complete with the hat.
                            i probably would've married that man had he asked! he was SO not attractive, and he looked like a freak in his safari outfit, but he could save me from my biggest fear!
                            OMG the Crocodile Hunter visited your house!

Woman marries man that saved her from bees and lives happily ever after. There's a movie idea for you!

Comment

Originally posted by Orange&Blue
                              OMG the Crocodile Hunter visited your house!

Woman marries man that saved her from bees and lives happily ever after. There's a movie idea for you!
                              I know, right! so funny - and he was JUST LIKE the Crocodile Hunter! haha. SAME OUTFIT. God i hate bees. i swear, i hear buzzing just talking about them....
                              Orange/Blue Girl in L.A.

Comment

Working...
                              X