X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• ebsoria
    replied
    FF posted this one the other day and it scares me;

22% of American children go to bed each night with food anxiety. Meaning that they are worried about where their next meal will come from.

Think about that a second. 22%. That's just over 1 in 5. That means that out of every 5 children you see today, one of them is scared of where their next meal is coming from.

I cannot fathom that!!!

I was watching the American Country Music Awards the other day. A company called Con Agra was advertising a program for feed the children. I looked into it and they offer many different foods we buy everyday. On their products are codes to enter online and with each entry food is donated to organizations to feed children. I know it puts more money in their pockets if we look for their products. But, most importantly, it puts more food into the bellies of these children.

Please.. look for this logo on your favorite foods and help the children. It won't cost you any money unless you buy more food. But, it may just feed that child next to you.

Leave a comment:

• ebsoria
    replied
    Great Article From the Oprah.com

Just... wow.

I won't copy and paste as I don't know the copyright allowances. So, I'll link it. Some powerful stuff in this one.

And some very good info for anyone who is not "there" yet in their recovery.

You are loved. And there is help.
    Last edited by ebsoria; 03-19-2012, 11:29 PM.

Leave a comment:

• ebsoria
    replied
    Originally posted by Flatlander Fan View Post
    You're a warrior, Eb. Keep the good fight going brother.

Time to dig up my blue ribbon avy again.

Oh, and I'm married to a survivor too. 17 years this May.
    Thanks FF.

And happy early anniversary!!!

Leave a comment:

• Flatlander Fan
    replied
    You're a warrior, Eb. Keep the good fight going brother.

Time to dig up my blue ribbon avy again.

Oh, and I'm married to a survivor too. 17 years this May.

Leave a comment:

• ebsoria
    replied
    Originally posted by jarbronco View Post
    A few months after I was married, I found my wife sitting beside our bed crying her eyes out. After a long time of calming her down, she told me stories of her childhood with her stepfather who passed away several years before. She was crying because she felt horrible she had never told me about any of it before we got married and was afraid I wouldn't Love her anymore if I knew. We have been married now for 26 years and it was a long road till she felt like should could trust me fully. I am a fairly passive and definitely not a violent man, but if he was alive , I would have had to do something about him.

Thank you for all you are doing, if one person can avoid what the love of my life went through because of you, you are a saint.

I am going to take her for a walk now. Have a great night!
    Yeah, it's a tough thing for some people to open up about. I had a girlfriend that I opened up to. Scared her so bad that she turned her back. It's not her fault, but that was a sign to me that she wasn't right for me. I even told her- "I'm not telling you this stuff to make you feel sorry for me. I'm telling you because it's honesty and me showing you I'm an open book."

But, good on you for listening to her. Sometimes that's all a person needs.

Originally posted by Peanut View Post
    You're a good man and your wife is very fortunate to have you.

I would say that you're fortunate to have each other.
    I agree with Peanut. You are fortunate to have each other and to love each other.

Leave a comment:

• Peanut
    replied
    Originally posted by jarbronco View Post
    A few months after I was married, I found my wife sitting beside our bed crying her eyes out. After a long time of calming her down, she told me stories of her childhood with her stepfather who passed away several years before. She was crying because she felt horrible she had never told me about any of it before we got married and was afraid I wouldn't Love her anymore if I knew. We have been married now for 26 years and it was a long road till she felt like should could trust me fully. I am a fairly passive and definitely not a violent man, but if he was alive , I would have had to do something about him.

Thank you for all you are doing, if one person can avoid what the love of my life went through because of you, you are a saint.

You're a good man and your wife is very fortunate to have you.

I would say that you're fortunate to have each other.

Leave a comment:

• jarbronco
    replied

Leave a comment:

• ebsoria
    replied
    Some loopholes are being closed for the Registered Sex Offender list.

Here's a couple of the highlights;

*"The Home Office will close a string of loopholes in the official register of sex criminals - including one which allowed offenders to register their address as a park bench."

*"In future they will be forced to check in with the police every week and notify the authorities if they are moving around."

*"They must also tell the police if they move into a house where a child lives, and notify officers of any attempts to change their name by deed poll."

Leave a comment:

• ebsoria
    replied
    Tick tock... April is inching closer. But, let's not stop being vigilant.

Leave a comment:

• ebsoria
    replied
    Originally posted by BroncoFanNC View Post
    This is pretty disturbing, just saw it on the news (happened a month ago).

Link
    Yeah, I saw that one. Chilling.. and sick.

Leave a comment:

• BroncoFanNC
    replied
    This is pretty disturbing, just saw it on the news (happened a month ago).

Link

DAYTON, Texas — Texas authorities said Tuesday they removed 11 children from a crowded home where a registered sex offender lives after they found eight confined in a small, dark bedroom with restraints tying some to their beds.

Along with the children, 10 adults were living in the one-story, 1,700-square-foot home in Dayton, about 30 miles northeast of Houston, Child Protective Services spokeswoman Gwen Carter said. One month after a raid on the house, authorities are still trying to determine how the children are related and why they were there, she said.

The children ranged in age from 5 months to 11 years. Three who were age 5 or older had not been enrolled in school, Carter said.

The children were removed after authorities found two 2-year-old children tied to a bed during a January visit to the home, according to a court document.

A legally blind, 5-year-old girl "was in a restraint on a filthy mattress, and appeared to be in a daze," the document said. One child had a black eye and knocked-out tooth.

The adults told investigators they tied the children when they slept or took a nap during the day "for safety," the document said. An investigator noted that none of the adults said they saw anything wrong with the arrangement.

Two of the children had what authorities feared was pneumonia and were taken to a children's hospital. All have since been placed in foster homes, Carter said.

The case is still under investigation, and Dayton Police Sgt. Doug O'Quinn said officials are looking into criminal charges. Liberty County District Attorney Mike Little said his office would present a case to a grand jury next month, but he declined to discuss possible suspects or charges.

"Our primary concern was to make sure that the children were stable and safe," Carter said.

The home with a "No Trespassing" sign out front is in a subdivision near land used for farming and ranching. A tricycle and other toys were in the backyard Tuesday, and several cars were parked outside.

People leaving the home declined to talk to media assembled outside, and other residents and their relatives declined to comment or didn't respond to phone messages.

One person in Texas' online sex offender registry listed the house as his address. Mark E. Marsh III was convicted in Michigan 15 years ago of criminal sexual conduct with a 15-year-old girl. He did not have a working phone number listed.

Neighbor Wayne Hardin said he never saw the youngest children and had no idea so many people were living in the house. Though he often saw eight or more cars parked outside, Hardin said he was told the residents had a big family.

"I was shocked," said Hardin, who had called police about loud music blaring from the house. "We didn't have a clue."

Along with the children, two teenage runaways with a stolen car were at the home, authorities said. The boys, both 16, admitted running away from foster homes, smoking marijuana and driving a car they knew was stolen, authorities said.

Carter said the home was not registered as a foster home or day care.

Leave a comment:

• ebsoria
    replied

Leave a comment:

• ebsoria
    replied
    Originally posted by EddieMac View Post
    I have avoided posting here because I came from a boring normal loving family that stayed together. I cannot say I know how you feel. One cannot unless they have been there.

I can say, however, that I have seen it through work way to many times and it never gets easy.

I feel for everyone that has to go through what each of you have described.
    Whoa.. I don't want anyone feeling not welcome here in this thread!!!

Glad you came in and gave some support.

Leave a comment:

• EddieMac
    replied
    I have avoided posting here because I came from a boring normal loving family that stayed together. I cannot say I know how you feel. One cannot unless they have been there.

I can say, however, that I have seen it through work way to many times and it never gets easy.

I feel for everyone that has to go through what each of you have described.

Leave a comment:

• ebsoria
    replied
    Originally posted by sSync View Post
    Hi eb. I hadn't seen this thread before now... there are few things I hate more than the idea of someone who is supposed to be responsible for another human being abusing that position. The statistic you produced about the percentage of perps who were biological parents disgusts me, but does not surprise me (sadly). We live in a messed up world. I'm glad there are still people trying to move it in the right direction.

to you and your cause.
    Thank you for your support.

More to come later.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X