As some of you know, the prevention and raising awareness of child abuse is near and dear to my heart. I wear a blue ribbon lapel pin with collared shirts and a blue wrist ban that says "Stop Child Abuse". My idea is that if one person asks me what the ribbon or band are for, then my answer raises awareness just a small amount and get's us one step closer to an end.

I'm not naive to think there is an end, but I will forever hold out hope that there is.

Just to open a few eyes with a few stats that will chill you;

*According the the National Center for Missing or Exploited Children there are 739,853 registered sex offenders in the U.S. Granted, not all of them are child abusers.

*67% of reported sexual assault cases were against juveniles under the age of 18. 36% of all victims were under the age of 12. 1 out of every 7 victims in reported cases were under the age of 6.

*Approximately 5.8 million children are involved in an estimated 3.2 million reports and allegations of abuse annually. That's 16% of our American Children who will be involved in these cases.

*A report of child abuse is made every 10 seconds.

*Abuse kills nearly 5 children every day in the U.S.

*There are 60 million child abuse survivors in the U.S. today.

*There are 825,600 children reported missing into the FBI computer system each year. That's 3 children every 2 minutes.

Help us help our children. Please.