Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Protect Our Children

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • #16
    Hi eb. I hadn't seen this thread before now... there are few things I hate more than the idea of someone who is supposed to be responsible for another human being abusing that position. The statistic you produced about the percentage of perps who were biological parents disgusts me, but does not surprise me (sadly). We live in a messed up world. I'm glad there are still people trying to move it in the right direction.

    to you and your cause.
    sigpic
    - ★ -
    2012 Adopt a Bronco : Joe Mays

    Comment


    • #17
      Originally posted by sSync View Post
      Hi eb. I hadn't seen this thread before now... there are few things I hate more than the idea of someone who is supposed to be responsible for another human being abusing that position. The statistic you produced about the percentage of perps who were biological parents disgusts me, but does not surprise me (sadly). We live in a messed up world. I'm glad there are still people trying to move it in the right direction.

      to you and your cause.
      Thank you for your support.

      More to come later.
      *2011 BCMB Locker Room Division I League Champion*
      *Voted; 2013 & 2015 BCMBA's Scariest Mod*
      *Voted; 2014 BCMBA's Best Avi and Most Friendly*


      Comment


      • #18
        I have avoided posting here because I came from a boring normal loving family that stayed together. I cannot say I know how you feel. One cannot unless they have been there.

        I can say, however, that I have seen it through work way to many times and it never gets easy.

        I feel for everyone that has to go through what each of you have described.
        sigpic

        Comment


        • #19
          Originally posted by EddieMac View Post
          I have avoided posting here because I came from a boring normal loving family that stayed together. I cannot say I know how you feel. One cannot unless they have been there.

          I can say, however, that I have seen it through work way to many times and it never gets easy.

          I feel for everyone that has to go through what each of you have described.
          Whoa.. I don't want anyone feeling not welcome here in this thread!!!

          Glad you came in and gave some support.
          *2011 BCMB Locker Room Division I League Champion*
          *Voted; 2013 & 2015 BCMBA's Scariest Mod*
          *Voted; 2014 BCMBA's Best Avi and Most Friendly*


          Comment


          • #20
            *2011 BCMB Locker Room Division I League Champion*
            *Voted; 2013 & 2015 BCMBA's Scariest Mod*
            *Voted; 2014 BCMBA's Best Avi and Most Friendly*


            Comment


            • #21
              This is pretty disturbing, just saw it on the news (happened a month ago).

              Link

              DAYTON, Texas — Texas authorities said Tuesday they removed 11 children from a crowded home where a registered sex offender lives after they found eight confined in a small, dark bedroom with restraints tying some to their beds.

              Along with the children, 10 adults were living in the one-story, 1,700-square-foot home in Dayton, about 30 miles northeast of Houston, Child Protective Services spokeswoman Gwen Carter said. One month after a raid on the house, authorities are still trying to determine how the children are related and why they were there, she said.

              The children ranged in age from 5 months to 11 years. Three who were age 5 or older had not been enrolled in school, Carter said.

              The children were removed after authorities found two 2-year-old children tied to a bed during a January visit to the home, according to a court document.

              A legally blind, 5-year-old girl "was in a restraint on a filthy mattress, and appeared to be in a daze," the document said. One child had a black eye and knocked-out tooth.

              The adults told investigators they tied the children when they slept or took a nap during the day "for safety," the document said. An investigator noted that none of the adults said they saw anything wrong with the arrangement.

              Two of the children had what authorities feared was pneumonia and were taken to a children's hospital. All have since been placed in foster homes, Carter said.

              The case is still under investigation, and Dayton Police Sgt. Doug O'Quinn said officials are looking into criminal charges. Liberty County District Attorney Mike Little said his office would present a case to a grand jury next month, but he declined to discuss possible suspects or charges.

              "Our primary concern was to make sure that the children were stable and safe," Carter said.

              The home with a "No Trespassing" sign out front is in a subdivision near land used for farming and ranching. A tricycle and other toys were in the backyard Tuesday, and several cars were parked outside.

              People leaving the home declined to talk to media assembled outside, and other residents and their relatives declined to comment or didn't respond to phone messages.

              One person in Texas' online sex offender registry listed the house as his address. Mark E. Marsh III was convicted in Michigan 15 years ago of criminal sexual conduct with a 15-year-old girl. He did not have a working phone number listed.

              Neighbor Wayne Hardin said he never saw the youngest children and had no idea so many people were living in the house. Though he often saw eight or more cars parked outside, Hardin said he was told the residents had a big family.

              "I was shocked," said Hardin, who had called police about loud music blaring from the house. "We didn't have a clue."

              Along with the children, two teenage runaways with a stolen car were at the home, authorities said. The boys, both 16, admitted running away from foster homes, smoking marijuana and driving a car they knew was stolen, authorities said.

              Carter said the home was not registered as a foster home or day care.
              sigpic


              Comment


              • #22
                Originally posted by BroncoFanNC View Post
                This is pretty disturbing, just saw it on the news (happened a month ago).

                Link
                Yeah, I saw that one. Chilling.. and sick.
                *2011 BCMB Locker Room Division I League Champion*
                *Voted; 2013 & 2015 BCMBA's Scariest Mod*
                *Voted; 2014 BCMBA's Best Avi and Most Friendly*


                Comment


                • #23
                  Tick tock... April is inching closer. But, let's not stop being vigilant.
                  *2011 BCMB Locker Room Division I League Champion*
                  *Voted; 2013 & 2015 BCMBA's Scariest Mod*
                  *Voted; 2014 BCMBA's Best Avi and Most Friendly*


                  Comment


                  • #24
                    Some loopholes are being closed for the Registered Sex Offender list.

                    Here's a couple of the highlights;

                    *"The Home Office will close a string of loopholes in the official register of sex criminals - including one which allowed offenders to register their address as a park bench."

                    *"In future they will be forced to check in with the police every week and notify the authorities if they are moving around."

                    *"They must also tell the police if they move into a house where a child lives, and notify officers of any attempts to change their name by deed poll."
                    *2011 BCMB Locker Room Division I League Champion*
                    *Voted; 2013 & 2015 BCMBA's Scariest Mod*
                    *Voted; 2014 BCMBA's Best Avi and Most Friendly*


                    Comment


                    • #25
                      A few months after I was married, I found my wife sitting beside our bed crying her eyes out. After a long time of calming her down, she told me stories of her childhood with her stepfather who passed away several years before. She was crying because she felt horrible she had never told me about any of it before we got married and was afraid I wouldn't Love her anymore if I knew. We have been married now for 26 years and it was a long road till she felt like should could trust me fully. I am a fairly passive and definitely not a violent man, but if he was alive , I would have had to do something about him.

                      Thank you for all you are doing, if one person can avoid what the love of my life went through because of you, you are a saint.

                      I am going to take her for a walk now. Have a great night!

                      Comment


                      • #26
                        Originally posted by jarbronco View Post
                        A few months after I was married, I found my wife sitting beside our bed crying her eyes out. After a long time of calming her down, she told me stories of her childhood with her stepfather who passed away several years before. She was crying because she felt horrible she had never told me about any of it before we got married and was afraid I wouldn't Love her anymore if I knew. We have been married now for 26 years and it was a long road till she felt like should could trust me fully. I am a fairly passive and definitely not a violent man, but if he was alive , I would have had to do something about him.

                        Thank you for all you are doing, if one person can avoid what the love of my life went through because of you, you are a saint.

                        I am going to take her for a walk now. Have a great night!
                        You're a good man and your wife is very fortunate to have you.

                        I would say that you're fortunate to have each other.
                        Administrator
                        sigpic

                        #LupusAwareness

                        #TackleCancer - Adopted Bronco: Phillip Lindsay

                        "a semicolon is used when an author could've chosen to end their sentence, but chose not to. The author is you and the sentence is your life ; "

                        Comment


                        • #27
                          Originally posted by jarbronco View Post
                          A few months after I was married, I found my wife sitting beside our bed crying her eyes out. After a long time of calming her down, she told me stories of her childhood with her stepfather who passed away several years before. She was crying because she felt horrible she had never told me about any of it before we got married and was afraid I wouldn't Love her anymore if I knew. We have been married now for 26 years and it was a long road till she felt like should could trust me fully. I am a fairly passive and definitely not a violent man, but if he was alive , I would have had to do something about him.

                          Thank you for all you are doing, if one person can avoid what the love of my life went through because of you, you are a saint.

                          I am going to take her for a walk now. Have a great night!
                          Yeah, it's a tough thing for some people to open up about. I had a girlfriend that I opened up to. Scared her so bad that she turned her back. It's not her fault, but that was a sign to me that she wasn't right for me. I even told her- "I'm not telling you this stuff to make you feel sorry for me. I'm telling you because it's honesty and me showing you I'm an open book."

                          But, good on you for listening to her. Sometimes that's all a person needs.

                          Originally posted by Peanut View Post
                          You're a good man and your wife is very fortunate to have you.

                          I would say that you're fortunate to have each other.
                          I agree with Peanut. You are fortunate to have each other and to love each other.
                          *2011 BCMB Locker Room Division I League Champion*
                          *Voted; 2013 & 2015 BCMBA's Scariest Mod*
                          *Voted; 2014 BCMBA's Best Avi and Most Friendly*


                          Comment


                          • #28
                            You're a warrior, Eb. Keep the good fight going brother.

                            Time to dig up my blue ribbon avy again.

                            Oh, and I'm married to a survivor too. 17 years this May.
                            Originally posted by Broncoholic3233
                            FF is awesome!

                            Comment


                            • #29
                              Originally posted by Flatlander Fan View Post
                              You're a warrior, Eb. Keep the good fight going brother.

                              Time to dig up my blue ribbon avy again.

                              Oh, and I'm married to a survivor too. 17 years this May.
                              Thanks FF.

                              And happy early anniversary!!!
                              *2011 BCMB Locker Room Division I League Champion*
                              *Voted; 2013 & 2015 BCMBA's Scariest Mod*
                              *Voted; 2014 BCMBA's Best Avi and Most Friendly*


                              Comment


                              • #30
                                Great Article From the Oprah.com

                                Just... wow.

                                I won't copy and paste as I don't know the copyright allowances. So, I'll link it. Some powerful stuff in this one.

                                And some very good info for anyone who is not "there" yet in their recovery.

                                You are loved. And there is help.
                                Last edited by ebsoria; 03-19-2012, 11:29 PM.
                                *2011 BCMB Locker Room Division I League Champion*
                                *Voted; 2013 & 2015 BCMBA's Scariest Mod*
                                *Voted; 2014 BCMBA's Best Avi and Most Friendly*


                                Comment

                                Working...
                                X