X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• ebsoria
    replied
    Originally posted by Saddletramp View Post
    I came clean with the gf this morning. Explained why I am the way I am sometimes. To say she was shocked is an understatement. ��.
    Oh, I had those moments too! Some gals I dated couldn't handle and/or didn't want to believe.

With your GF, honesty is always the best policy. So, good on ya for letting her in. :thumb:

Leave a comment:

• Saddletramp
    replied
    Originally posted by ebsoria View Post
    I get what you're saying. I remember before I came to terms with It I had the anger too. I was sent to therapy and, at the time, it didn't help. It was something I internalized as well. Then for some reason in about my freshman year of High School I started to open up and be honest with myself. I started to let it out. I shared with my adoptive parents what happened in my early years. I shared with my older adoptive sisters and it actually brought us closer. The more I shared and opened up the more I realized that it's part of my past and I can't change it, so why not embrace it and let it grown me stronger for being a survivor. I began to really like the person I was and am now as I'm nearly 40 years old.

I've had opportunities to mentor younger kids who have dealt with similar things. I've saved a few kids who's parents didn't know they were "touched" by knowing the signs and reporting.

We all deal with it in our own way. The most important part right now is for you to realize you did nothing wrong to incur the abuses. I'll repeat that. YOU. DID. NOTHING. WRONG. All fault and error is on whomever hurt you. Once you really believe that, it's all blue sky for you to reach for.
    I came clean with the gf this morning. Explained why I am the way I am sometimes. To say she was shocked is an understatement. 😆.

Leave a comment:

• CanDB
    replied
    I feel strongly for kids who are wrongfully separated from their parents. The damage done may never heal.

Leave a comment:

• ebsoria
    replied
    I do a decent job of keeping it inside. Although there are days it escapes. More anger than anything. And then I take it out on my gf. Which is really stupid on my part of course. She is really the only good thing in my life at this time. If I lost her........
    I get what you're saying. I remember before I came to terms with It I had the anger too. I was sent to therapy and, at the time, it didn't help. It was something I internalized as well. Then for some reason in about my freshman year of High School I started to open up and be honest with myself. I started to let it out. I shared with my adoptive parents what happened in my early years. I shared with my older adoptive sisters and it actually brought us closer. The more I shared and opened up the more I realized that it's part of my past and I can't change it, so why not embrace it and let it grown me stronger for being a survivor. I began to really like the person I was and am now as I'm nearly 40 years old.

I've had opportunities to mentor younger kids who have dealt with similar things. I've saved a few kids who's parents didn't know they were "touched" by knowing the signs and reporting.

We all deal with it in our own way. The most important part right now is for you to realize you did nothing wrong to incur the abuses. I'll repeat that. YOU. DID. NOTHING. WRONG. All fault and error is on whomever hurt you. Once you really believe that, it's all blue sky for you to reach for.

Leave a comment:

• Saddletramp
    replied
    Well, if it means anything... I'm a survivor who is here with an open ear if ever you needed. You can always PM me so you don't have to share anything you're not comfortable with.

But believe me... it get's better. Just different timelines for everyone.
    I do a decent job of keeping it inside. Although there are days it escapes. More anger than anything. And then I take it out on my gf. Which is really stupid on my part of course. She is really the only good thing in my life at this time. If I lost her........

Leave a comment:

• ebsoria
    replied
    I have watched 4 1/2 episodes of Surviving R. Kelly. I'll admit.. it's been hard. Many triggers. I just can't believe we celebrate these monsters. And he got away with it!

I do love all of the backlash and performers are pulling their collaborations with him off streaming services.

Keep raising awareness!!!!!!!!!

Leave a comment:

• ebsoria
    replied
    Nothing has worked for me.....
    Well, if it means anything... I'm a survivor who is here with an open ear if ever you needed. You can always PM me so you don't have to share anything you're not comfortable with.

But believe me... it get's better. Just different timelines for everyone.

Leave a comment:

• Saddletramp
    replied
    It took me a loooong time to deal with it. I was about 15 or 16 when I finally came to terms with everything and realized that what happened was not my fault. I started to be around people who indirectly helped me to realize that I came out stronger. One of the biggest moments was when I ran into a "friend" from my younger days and he said- "Dude.. when I knew you as a kid you slouched around. Now you carry yourself upright!" That sunk in that the people who I chose to be in my life we positive influences. Not many knew what had happened, but they all just had that "air" of support and positivism.

Granted, that doesn't work for everyone. That does not mean anyone is weaker or less then me. Not by any means at all! It just means that they need a little more time and someone they CAN trust to just be there. Even if nothing is spoken, just to be there.
    Nothing has worked for me.....

Leave a comment:

• ebsoria
    replied
    So how did/do you deal with the hate and anger?
    It took me a loooong time to deal with it. I was about 15 or 16 when I finally came to terms with everything and realized that what happened was not my fault. I started to be around people who indirectly helped me to realize that I came out stronger. One of the biggest moments was when I ran into a "friend" from my younger days and he said- "Dude.. when I knew you as a kid you slouched around. Now you carry yourself upright!" That sunk in that the people who I chose to be in my life we positive influences. Not many knew what had happened, but they all just had that "air" of support and positivism.

Granted, that doesn't work for everyone. That does not mean anyone is weaker or less then me. Not by any means at all! It just means that they need a little more time and someone they CAN trust to just be there. Even if nothing is spoken, just to be there.

Leave a comment:

• Saddletramp
    replied
    So how did/do you deal with the hate and anger?

Leave a comment:

• ebsoria
    replied
    Every offender taken off the streets and locked up is a nudge in the right direction. Soon, the nudges become PUSHES, then shoves..

https://www.yahoo.com/entertainment/...155353232.html

Leave a comment:

• ebsoria
    replied
    This is the disgusting garbage we need eradicated from this planet!!!!!

https://www.inquisitr.com/4915615/ly...s-home-arrest/

There is ZERO room for defective "human beings" like this man. This poor little girl will never be the same and her family "agree the punishment was fair"..... my hear cries for her....... :tears:

Leave a comment:

• ebsoria
    replied
    Originally posted by Peanut View Post
    Did you see the end of the Espys? One of the most powerful things I have seen. One line stood out to me. If one person had listened and done something when the first girl asked for help, that stage would be empty. Hundreds of girls would never have even met the doctor.
    OMGawsh!! That put tears in my eyes!!!

Leave a comment:

• ebsoria
    replied
    Originally posted by Peanut View Post
    Did you see the end of the Espys? One of the most powerful things I have seen. One line stood out to me. If one person had listened and done something when the first girl asked for help, that stage would be empty. Hundreds of girls would never have even met the doctor.
    I didn't see that! I'll have to check it out. Thank you for sharing.

Leave a comment:

• Peanut
    replied
    It's been awhile since anyone, let alone me, has posted in here. But we still need to raise awareness in protecting our children.

What's made this even sadder is the recent #metoo movement and the doubt we cast on those who are coming forward. I'm saddened to see so many being accused, but I'm proud of those who are able to find the strength to come forward. And I'm looking forward to those in the future who continue to muster the strength to come forward.

And today we see the punishment of one of the first to be accused.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X