Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

thinking about buying a car...

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • thinking about buying a car...

    Planning on going with a lower end 2012 model, I figure if I'm going to be making monthly payments, and it's feasible, I might as well be getting something I'm the first owner of... This will be my first car though, and I've got no credit... My main question right now is what should I expect my APR to be?
    :usa: *** God Bless Our Military Men And Women*** :usa:

    sigpic
    Adopted Bronco 2015 CJ Anderson

  • #2
    probably a pretty high rate i would guess around 4-6%, just a guess though if you cant get any special financing usually offered by dealers that you have to be qualified for

    new car rates are lower than used though if thats a main concern

    you should really consider a used car though, you could get so much more car for your money

    in the coming months i hope to be buying my first car since graduating college

    Ive got my eyes and heart set on a 09 or 10 Acura TSX with all the bells and whistles, im hoping to have it around $22,000. thats leather, heated seats, review camera, navi, mounted controls on steering wheel, and Honda/acura reliability

    thats about the cost id be looking at for a new honda civic (essentially same car) almost completely barebones stock. Most dealers give out carfax's with a car before purchase so you can check the cars history (for the most part)
    sigpic
    -------

    Comment


    • #3
      Originally posted by Frenchy180 View Post
      Planning on going with a lower end 2012 model, I figure if I'm going to be making monthly payments, and it's feasible, I might as well be getting something I'm the first owner of... This will be my first car though, and I've got no credit... My main question right now is what should I expect my APR to be?
      Not that it's any of my business, but I highly suggest that you get a car that's at least 1 year old and under 20k miles.

      The reason I say that is because the original owner has already absorbed the largest depreciation cost.

      FYI, with a new car, your car loses up to 25% of its value the moment you drive it off the lot.

      This will be your first car: Be smart about it :thumb:


      sigpic


      FA Targets: DT Jason Jones, DT Pat Simms, S Reggie Smith, LB Dan Connor



      :cool:

      Comment


      • #4
        I'd honestly get something used
        sigpic

        Comment


        • #5
          Get a truck... they are so much more fun to drive

          Comment


          • #6
            Good advice in this thread.

            These new cars last a LONG time..
            with no old school (points, rotor, tuneup) maintenence.

            The 2005 Van I am driving, has a v-6 and lots of power,
            but still 22 miles to the gallon.

            It is running strong with NO PROBLEMS and I am pushing 165,000 miles.

            Oil changes, radiator flush, brakes, that is about it. No problems.

            The point is...
            a used vehicle .. a year old..
            with 15,000 or 20,000 miles.
            would be a GREAT value...
            and should last a long time for you.

            These guys are RIGHT. The whole "new car" experience is a costly one.
            - Go Broncos 2017 and Beyond! -

            Super Bowl 50 CHAMPIONS!

            Comment


            • #7
              Originally posted by Frenchy180 View Post
              Planning on going with a lower end 2012 model, I figure if I'm going to be making monthly payments, and it's feasible, I might as well be getting something I'm the first owner of... This will be my first car though, and I've got no credit... My main question right now is what should I expect my APR to be?
              I can understand the appeal of a new car. Something that no one has messed with.

              I've done both new and used. If you can afford it, go with what makes you happy.
              Administrator

              Asian American and Pacific Islander Heritage Month

              Lupus Awareness Month

              "a semicolon is used when an author could've chosen to end their sentence, but chose not to. The author is you and the sentence is your life ; "

              Comment


              • #8
                Originally posted by PAINTERDAVE View Post
                Good advice in this thread.

                These new cars last a LONG time..
                with no old school (points, rotor, tuneup) maintenence.

                The 2005 Van I am driving, has a v-6 and lots of power,
                but still 22 miles to the gallon.

                It is running strong with NO PROBLEMS and I am pushing 165,000 miles.

                Oil changes, radiator flush, brakes, that is about it. No problems.

                The point is...
                a used vehicle .. a year old..
                with 15,000 or 20,000 miles.
                would be a GREAT value...
                and should last a long time for you.

                These guys are RIGHT. The whole "new car" experience is a costly one.
                aye it is... seems so silly sometimes...

                you can even go get one of those 'new car smell' scented things for your ride

                Comment


                • #9
                  Originally posted by Remedy View Post
                  Get a truck... they are so much more fun to drive
                  A van is a truck with security.
                  I have had my tools stolen from the bed of my truck too many times.
                  Even with a shell.. the bed is like a garage instead of a living room.

                  Vanners get it DONE.

                  You can camp out of it.. move your mountain bikes.. work out of it...
                  leave your stuff in it locked up easily...
                  clean it out and on Saturday night have all kinds of fun in the back.

                  Versatility, Baby.
                  - Go Broncos 2017 and Beyond! -

                  Super Bowl 50 CHAMPIONS!

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    Get a 2013 mustang.
                    sigpic

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      Originally posted by PAINTERDAVE View Post
                      A van is a truck with security.
                      I have had my tools stolen from the bed of my truck too many times.
                      Even with a shell.. the bed is like a garage instead of a living room.

                      Vanners get it DONE.

                      You can camp out of it.. move your mountain bikes.. work out of it...
                      leave your stuff in it locked up easily...
                      clean it out and on Saturday night have all kinds of fun in the back.

                      Versatility, Baby.
                      hahaha this is why your posts are awesome....

                      though not sure I could give up my truck. some things just dont fit in the back of a van... and its not the same driving down a back country road with the country tunes way up in the ol' van as it is in a nice pick up.

                      Plus how can I save a damsel in distress when shes stuck in the snow in a 2wd van.

                      Comment


                      • #12
                        Originally posted by PAINTERDAVE View Post
                        A van is a truck with security.
                        I have had my tools stolen from the bed of my truck too many times.
                        Even with a shell.. the bed is like a garage instead of a living room.

                        Vanners get it DONE.

                        You can camp out of it.. move your mountain bikes.. work out of it...
                        leave your stuff in it locked up easily...
                        clean it out and on Saturday night have all kinds of fun in the back.

                        Versatility, Baby.
                        And then car pool all the kids to soccer practice
                        sigpic
                        Thank you Charger$

                        Comment


                        • #13
                          Originally posted by HavoK471 View Post
                          And then car pool all the kids to soccer practice
                          hes driving a manvan not a volvo

                          Comment


                          • #14

                            Comment


                            • #15
                              Originally posted by HavoK471 View Post
                              And then car pool all the kids to soccer practice
                              No seats in the back of my van...
                              5 doors for easy access... side doors slide cleanly...
                              it is a clean cargo... panels not windows...
                              no one knows what is in it ( or goes on in it)...
                              Plush, comfortable carpet with thick pad...
                              work carpet that slips right in and out...
                              to protect the good carpet underneath...
                              awesome heater/airconditioner...
                              ladder racks on top for moving stuff and to use for setting up a canopy from...
                              still fits a 4 by 8 sheet of plywood and can run a full load to the dump..
                              sleeps two comfortably.
                              Does NOT draw attention.

                              My "lucky" house on wheels. GREAT for traveling/playing.

                              Even once I get rich.. I will ALWAYS own a VAN.
                              - Go Broncos 2017 and Beyond! -

                              Super Bowl 50 CHAMPIONS!

                              Comment

                              Working...
                              X