X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by SBboundBRONCOS View Post
    whats everyone think of nissans?

the altimas are really nice, never heard much in terms of issues with them
    I love Nissans. My Fiancee and I both bought brand new ones back in '07. I got a Titan and she got an Altima. I'd still have the Titan but at the time we were in San Diego so I opted not to get the 4x4 and got other upgrades instead (4x4 in cali means more insurance and more gas) and then we moved back to Colorado and I had to get rid of it for the Tundra I have now so I could have 4wd. But she still has her Altima and it gets around great in the snow, gets awesome gas mileage and we haven't hand any issues at all. I'm 6'3" and I fit in it fine and it's not uncomfortable on long trips when we take her ride instead. No stupid interior quirks like other cars, i.e. trim breaking or upholstery falling apart. She's pretty good about sticking to the maintenance schedule from the manual even though it's a bit overkill, but the car is like brand new still and it has about 60k miles on it. I kind of think of Nissan as a cheaper alternative to a Toyota, but you get the same bang for your buck imo.
    sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by kishzilla View Post
      I love Nissans. My Fiancee and I both bought brand new ones back in '07. I got a Titan and she got an Altima. I'd still have the Titan but at the time we were in San Diego so I opted not to get the 4x4 and got other upgrades instead (4x4 in cali means more insurance and more gas) and then we moved back to Colorado and I had to get rid of it for the Tundra I have now so I could have 4wd. But she still has her Altima and it gets around great in the snow, gets awesome gas mileage and we haven't hand any issues at all. I'm 6'3" and I fit in it fine and it's not uncomfortable on long trips when we take her ride instead. No stupid interior quirks like other cars, i.e. trim breaking or upholstery falling apart. She's pretty good about sticking to the maintenance schedule from the manual even though it's a bit overkill, but the car is like brand new still and it has about 60k miles on it. I kind of think of Nissan as a cheaper alternative to a Toyota, but you get the same bang for your buck imo.
      toyotas interiors look like cheap crap IMO, nissan id say are far ahead on interiors

i think itll come down to a nissan altima or a vw jetta for me, now that the TSX is out. perhaps an accord but they are boring, also kinda looked at fusions but idk about ford still
      sigpic
      -------

Comment

I still say buy a truck!

way more fun

Comment

toyotas interiors look like cheap crap IMO, nissan id say are far ahead on interiors

i think itll come down to a nissan altima or a vw jetta for me, now that the TSX is out. perhaps an accord but they are boring, also kinda looked at fusions but idk about ford still
          Stay away from all Jetta's 2000-2010. They're prone to constant electrical malfunctions (friend had to get the computer in his Jetta replaced for $3k)

sigpic

FA Targets: DT Jason Jones, DT Pat Simms, S Reggie Smith, LB Dan Connor

:cool:

Comment

Originally posted by getlynched47 View Post
            Stay away from all Jetta's 2000-2010. They're prone to constant electrical malfunctions (friend had to get the computer in his Jetta replaced for $3k)
            ya i like the new design better anyways i think it started in 11
            sigpic
            -------

Comment

ya i like the new design better anyways i think it started in 11
              If you're willing to spend a couple of extra bucks for a Volkswagen, get a GTI. You will not be disappointed. Best VW vehicle on the market.

sigpic

FA Targets: DT Jason Jones, DT Pat Simms, S Reggie Smith, LB Dan Connor

:cool:

Comment

The little 2 door altima coupes are pretty cool. I wouldn't want a VW. I've never known anyone that owned one that didn't complain about interior stuff falling apart. As far as Toyotas having crappy interiors, my Tundra serves my purposes, and I like it enough. I didn't really buy a pickup for it's interior though. That's like buying a pizza for the box it came in
                sigpic

Comment

well if your hesitating between Vw and Nissan I would tend to always choose Nissan between the two... VW has had too many issues with their cars (before-2010)..

As far as interiors goes My tacome has a pretty neat interior I'd say (comparing to other products on the market but hey it's just my HO)
                  Canadian Denver Bronco Fan #7

Adopted Broncos:
                  -:Mr. Decker:-

Comment

The little 2 door altima coupes are pretty cool. I wouldn't want a VW. I've never known anyone that owned one that didn't complain about interior stuff falling apart. As far as Toyotas having crappy interiors, my Tundra serves my purposes, and I like it enough. I didn't really buy a pickup for it's interior though. That's like buying a pizza for the box it came in
                    i REALLY like the look of the coupes but ive had two 2 door cars and honestly they are a pain when you drive friends around (something i do a lot)

especially dropping 4 different people off at 4 different spots hungover, last thing i want to do is unbuckle and get out of the car haha

just not practical enough for me anymore.

and ya i wouldnt expect a pick up to be world beaters of interior, but thats soemthing more important than looks to me, i mean i spend most of my time on the inside rather than looking at the outside. the toyota camrys interior looks like cheap plastic from a kids toy and the "wood" around the dash and on the doors looks horrific on a lot of the models ive seen
                    sigpic
                    -------

Comment

i REALLY like the look of the coupes but ive had two 2 door cars and honestly they are a pain when you drive friends around (something i do a lot)

especially dropping 4 different people off at 4 different spots hungover, last thing i want to do is unbuckle and get out of the car haha
                      This is exactly why I drive a two seater pickup I'm not a school bus driver or a Taxi. If my friends are too plowed to take themselves home, they can use one of those. I don't have to make an excuse of why I'm not going to be the taxi because I don't have enough seats lol

and ya i wouldnt expect a pick up to be world beaters of interior, but thats soemthing more important than looks to me, i mean i spend most of my time on the inside rather than looking at the outside. the toyota camrys interior looks like cheap plastic from a kids toy and the "wood" around the dash and on the doors looks horrific on a lot of the models ive seen
                      Yeah, not really sure how the Altimas compare to the Camrys as far as interior. We didn't get a whole lot of bells and whistles in our Altima. All I can say is that it's been durable, hasn't fallen apart, and is on par with most other cars in it's class as far as interior looks are concerned imo.
                      sigpic

Comment

2013 Dodge Dart
                        "Stultum est timere quod vitare non potes." ~ Publilius Syrus

Comment

This is exactly why I drive a two seater pickup I'm not a school bus driver or a Taxi. If my friends are too plowed to take themselves home, they can use one of those. I don't have to make an excuse of why I'm not going to be the taxi because I don't have enough seats lol
                          well we all take turns driving to and from the the city each weekend so it evens out we drive down at night crash at our buddies drive home

still i dont mind driving people around, plus i HATE how long the door are, hard to get in and out of parking spots without hitting the car next to you
                          sigpic
                          -------

Comment

Originally posted by Den615 View Post
                            Sounds like you want a Subaru (I have a 2011 Forester:thumb. If you need the extra hauling room look at an Outback or Forester. If you just need a car to drive go with the Impreza (AWD and great mileage). Or if you want something in between they are coming out with a model called the XV Crosstrek that looks pretty interesting.

I love my Forester, plus Subaru's hold their value extremely well in case you want to sell down the road.
                            My next car will be a Forester. I am currently in a 2004 Saturn Vue V6 FWD which I absolutely love. It's still going strong and has 110k miles. These were built with a Honda engine back in the day when Saturns were still relevant.

Personally, I would go with used as well. Certified Used are nearly as good as new.
                            sigpic
                            2014 Adopted Bronco: Juwan Thompson

Comment

Working...
                            X