Acne treatment?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Acne treatment?

Just want to know what you guys have done to treat acne.

Right now I'm using murad but it's not really working for me. I've had acne for a while and it's just killing me seeing this stuff on my face.

I did one cycle of Proactive once and it really did work for me.

It's fairly cheap now compared to when it came out.
    Now go get your shine box

Comment

Dermatologist

Benzoyl Peroxide can work well but it can be pretty rough and dry your skin

Try to avoid touching your face a lot. I find this one to be hard but it'll keep your face clean.

Changing your pillow cases often can really help you as well

Lower your stress level
      sigpic
      Thank you Charger$

Comment

I've heard this stuff is really good for acne. It's like the #1 bacteria killer that's over the counter. It's helped clear other skin problems I've had: http://www.acne.org/hibiclens-reviews/362/page1.html

Gotta be careful with it around your eyes & ears though.

Just don't do accutane.. I did it for the bacne I had & I'm left with some wrinkles beside my mouth cuz of it.. and I'm only 21. not worth it
        Last edited by RaiderFanSD; 03-03-2012, 11:59 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by RaiderFanSD View Post
          I've heard this stuff is really good for acne. It's like the #1 bacteria killer that's over the counter. It's helped clear other skins problems I've had: http://www.acne.org/hibiclens-reviews/362/page1.html

Gotta be careful with it around your eyes & ears though.

Just don't do accutane.. I did it for the bacne I had & I'm left with some wrinkles beside my mouth cuz of it.. and I'm only 21. not worth it
          I did accutane some years ago and it really cleared up my skin. since then I have really clear skin. It did reallly realllly dry out my skin though... and nose bleeds... all the time... but that aside it did the trick.

Comment

Originally posted by Remedy View Post
            I did accutane some years ago and it really cleared up my skin. since then I have really clear skin. It did reallly realllly dry out my skin though... and nose bleeds... all the time... but that aside it did the trick.
            yeah, I don't have any acne besides the occasional pimple. It does work, just very risky.

Comment

Originally posted by RaiderFanSD View Post
              yeah, I don't have any acne besides the occasional pimple. It does work, just very risky.
              I know I read some stuff 'bout it that said it caused depression and such in people, though I never really had any issues aside from the dry skin.

I don't know outside of accutane which I took like 10 years ago. heh

god that stuff really really dried me out though.. like a sneeze would cause a nose bleed.

Comment

I only had these problems for a year or two. I only rarely have pimples now (I have one now) for some reason, and I just wait it out.

During that pubescent heyday I used some combination of cream to put on the zits and some face cleaning lotion stuff to use in the shower.

Comment

I got older.

HEAR ME ROAR!
                  sigpic
                  Thanks to Freyaka for the great sig!

Comment

Use Acnefree instead of Proactive. Same exact stuff just that you aren't paying for the branding and marketing so you'll be saving 10-20 bucks.

They also have Acnefree severe but that stuff is more expensive and a lot more stronger.

Comment

Drink a craplod of water. Your piss should never be anything but clear.

Don't touch your face.

Try not to sleep on anything but the back of your head.

Just some very easy things you can do to knock it off over time.

Comment

Originally posted by SoundsOfSuccess View Post
                        Drink a craplod of water. Your piss should never be anything but clear.
                        lol this is what I've been doing for about 2 weeks
                        Don't touch your face.
                        what I'm trying to do
                        Try not to sleep on anything but the back of your head.
                        this one is kind of hard. It's hard for me to fall asleep like that. I sleep on my right side and that's where I mostly get acne
                        Just some very easy things you can do to knock it off over time.
                        Thanks guys. Just going to try some of your suggestions

Comment

Originally posted by HavoK471 View Post
                          Dermatologist

Benzoyl Peroxide can work well but it can be pretty rough and dry your skin

Try to avoid touching your face a lot. I find this one to be hard but it'll keep your face clean.

Changing your pillow cases often can really help you as well

Lower your stress level
                          This.

Denver Broncos GM
                          Originally posted by Mosk
                          Joey Bosa ~ Jason Spriggs ~ Darian Thompson ~ Nick Vannett ~ Paul Perkins ~ Dan Vitale

Comment

sigpic

Comment

Comment

Working...
                              X