Tomlinson on NFL network

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Tomlinson on NFL network

Ok....I admit it. I cry. As a 225 pound 40 year old man. I have cried in front of my wife and other family members. However I just watched this dude crying on t.v. from back on Feb 24, 2010 and it was just.....

UNSETTLING! I was sitting here scanning the boards, looking for something about Manning, and Im like,

What is sound sound comming from the t.v.

It was a grown azz man crying uncontrollably.

I know, I know....go ahead and get me. I just had to share that and ask did anyone else feel that way. I never dug that cat as a Charger and called him a crybaby just from what I watched on the field at times. That was ridiculous to me tho....(nfl network clip)
    Last edited by ParkHill-71; 03-07-2012, 05:47 PM.
    sigpic

So LT was crying on TV, I take it?

Doesn't surprise me. Some dudes are cryers. I'm a cryer.

I'd cry too if I had to retire knowing I was the best RB in 10 years to never even sniff a championship ring.
    sigpic

Hooray, beer!

Comment

LT was the Heart & Soul of the Chargers. He was the leading rusher and receivers for a couple of years. The man was invested in that that city and with that team. The thought of him not retiring a Charger probably has NEVER crossed anybodys mind. I don't blame him for crying, and it doesn't make him any less of a man because of it.
      sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by CoryWinget81 View Post
        So LT was crying on TV, I take it?

Doesn't surprise me. Some dudes are cryers. I'm a cryer.

I'd cry too if I had to retire knowing I was the best RB in 10 years to never even sniff a championship ring.
        I can dig all that, and trust, he was a back to be feared when he played against my Broncos. Im just speaking to the fact that I was concentrating on something else, and then there was this thing comming from the t.v. that was totaly annoying, thats all.

Also, again, he cried wayyyyy to much for me when he played. Like I said, I cry in private with my family. I have cried in front of strangers, but I never have just completely let go and had tears just streaming down my face.

Its not a good look or sound to me to hear that from a grown man. But to each is own and it dont make him a bad person.,
        Last edited by ParkHill-71; 03-07-2012, 07:07 PM.
        sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by JayJack View Post
          LT was the Heart & Soul of the Chargers. He was the leading rusher and receivers for a couple of years. The man was invested in that that city and with that team. The thought of him not retiring a Charger probably has NEVER crossed anybodys mind. I don't blame him for crying, and it doesn't make him any less of a man because of it.
          I can understand and respect this. Still it bothered me some...
          sigpic

Comment

LT, Sanders, and many others all have good reason to cry. Remarkable talent, game-changers, and they were a one man football team, only to see it wasted and thrown into the discard pile.

I'd cry too.

Comment

I hate when people try to act like theyre too tough to cry.

Doesn't make you cool.

Comment

I'm not a crier myself and I'd find it very hard to get me crying in front of people. Not because I think I'm tough or anything but I prefer not to burden others and instead keep strong for those around me.

But I can certainly understand why some of these guys would break down like that. It's not 'unmanly' in the least bit.
                sigpic
                Thank you Charger$

Comment

Too manly to cry......un manly...ect..ect...

Whatever, I hope these comments were made in general and not taken that I was that person you speak of.

Its not about a man to me. Sheading a tear at a feel good moment and/or getting choked up at a cheesy moment in a movie is something I do often. I cant help it, its me.

That said I think there is a difference between that and sobbing uncontrollably, and getting a little misty depending on what you are crying about. Hey, Im just being honest. Its only a truthful moment of how it made me feel.

I watched Elway cry. I watched Jordan cry when his father passed. Others and none of that bothered me. Its just something about him and always crying that makes me want to vomit.....Im sorry.

Like I said, its not about a man. Infact, my mother in law 56 years old, cried because her car got a boot one time. I mean sobbed bad. There is something about that that didnt feel right to me......thats all, just me!!!!
                  sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by ParkHill-71 View Post
                    Too manly to cry......un manly...ect..ect...

Whatever, I hope these comments were made in general and not taken that I was that person you speak of.

Its not about a man to me. Sheading a tear at a feel good moment and/or getting choked up at a cheesy moment in a movie is something I do often. I cant help it, its me.

That said I think there is a difference between that and sobbing uncontrollably, and getting a little misty depending on what you are crying about. Hey, Im just being honest. Its only a truthful moment of how it made me feel.

I watched Elway cry. I watched Jordan cry when his father passed. Others and none of that bothered me. Its just something about him and always crying that makes me want to vomit.....Im sorry.

Like I said, its not about a man. Infact, my mother in law 56 years old, cried because her car got a boot one time. I mean sobbed bad. There is something about that that didnt feel right to me......thats all, just me!!!!
                    I wouldn't take these as attacks on you so don't even worry

You just sparked a good conversation if you ask me
                    sigpic
                    Thank you Charger$

Comment

Originally posted by HavoK471 View Post
                      I wouldn't take these as attacks on you so don't even worry

You just sparked a good conversation if you ask me
                      I wasn't and thanks Havok.....I was just praying that people didnt think I was that person, cuz Im not.

Maybe its Im jaded, because I just dont care for Tomlinson......thats my problem I guess....
                      Last edited by ParkHill-71; 03-07-2012, 07:51 PM.
                      sigpic

Comment

he was cool

then he cried about being classy

all downhill from there lol
                        sigpic

Comment

sigpic

FA Targets: DT Jason Jones, DT Pat Simms, S Reggie Smith, LB Dan Connor

:cool:

Comment

When LT was not crying (lol), he did a really good job as an analyst. He will have a TV career when he retires.

Comment

Working...
                            X