Your College Experience

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Your College Experience

What college did you go to? how hard was it to get into that college? what was your gpa going into college? was it the best time of your life in college?
    What was your favorite memory while in college....this is mainly for informing me about colleges that i have a chance at or do not have a chance. I am currently a junior in high school and the application process for me starts in a couple of months so it would eb greatly appreciated if you answered all the questions above.
    sigpic

Credit Goes To JIM :salute!:

who cares about college when you can go work in the bakken oil fields for 100 grand per year with no experience!

Comment

Originally posted by vLordChronicv View Post
      who cares about college when you can go work in the bakken oil fields for 100 grand per year with no experience!
      Working as a rigger is definitely not for everyone. So I would say a lot of people care about college.

Comment

I care about college. I care about furthering my education. That's who.

I go to Colorado State University. It isn't terribly tough to get into, decent ACT (I got a 28 on my first try, and just kept that)....then GPA I'd say to be safe a 3.0 (I had like a 3.5 or so).

It more so depends on the major. Majors have different requirements at different schools. Like CSU business school has higher requirements than just general application.

I've had a lot of fun. Social life is cool. Sports are a bunch of fun.
        2013 Adopt-a-Bronco: Demaryius Thomas

sigpic

Comment

College will be the best time of your life, dude.

Going to CU Boulder, graduate in May with a Marketing degree.

Loved every minute of college.

It's the most fun you'll ever have.

sigpic

FA Targets: DT Jason Jones, DT Pat Simms, S Reggie Smith, LB Dan Connor

:cool:

Comment

well immediately after high school I enrolled in a JR college I graduate in May , and I applied to one of the biggest party schools in the country SDSU (San Diego State University). However I'm going to an extended campus not the main campus so I will likely miss out on all of that.

I believe it's more beneficial to go to Jr College for two years and then a University. The transition is much easier and you will have 2 years of good school and life experience behind you.

When I graduated high school ia lot of the people I graduated with went to big university's like SDSU , UCLA , USC etc and ended up coming right back because they screwed it up and when you ask them why they say it was because of all the partying and stuff. So I'm kinda glad I went to Jr College first.

For the record I still need 2 years to finish my education.
            Last edited by jc13; 03-10-2012, 09:39 PM.
            Now go get your shine box

Comment

Originally posted by getlynched47 View Post
              College will be the best time of your life, dude.

Going to CU Boulder, graduate in May with a Marketing degree.

Loved every minute of college.

It's the most fun you'll ever have.
              ain't that the truth...

Comment

Local college near home, then down to montana to finish, drank, chased girls, 4 year $20,000 cover charge bar.........and loved it.
                sigpic

Comment

What college did you go to? how hard was it to get into that college? what was your gpa going into college? was it the best time of your life in college?
                  My GPA going into college was pretty bad. I didn't take my grades seriously in high school or middle school. But, in college I received a just above a B average. I was a member of Phi Alpha Theta one year.

Now, in the Master's program I have one more year to go. My grades are still above a B average. I am not the greatest student. But, I am trying hard. Yes, the best time of my life was in college. In fact, the last 2-3 weeks have been the greatest two-three weeks of my life not counting today or yesterday. It had nothing to do with college, though. Now, though, I am having one of my worst days in my life. I made so many mistakes today but the good thing is that there is tomorrow. I can make things better tomorrow.

What was your favorite memory while in college....this is mainly for informing me about colleges that i have a chance at or do not have a chance. I am currently a junior in high school and the application process for me starts in a couple of months so it would eb greatly appreciated if you answered all the questions above.
                  Well, my favorite memory while in college is the one above, but it isn't related to college. But, I suppose my best memory in college was .. dang. That's a tough one. I just focus on my schoolwork and am a bit of a recluse. So, I didn't party or any of that. In fact, I never have and never will. That stuff just doesn't interest me and actually last week I pretty much gave up alcohol, I may have a drink in the future but not like before. It just gets me sick now.

I relied mostly on student loans and so I'm pretty far in debt.
                  The Browns are gone; I'm not a fan of the Impostors

The real Browns are in Baltimore, see?

Comment

Originally posted by Remedy View Post
                    Working as a rigger is definitely not for everyone. So I would say a lot of people care about college.
                    it was a joke. but yea you could become a rigger for 1 year, pay for college yourself without taking out loans. and be fine

alot of people i know, took out loans, got out of college, no work. cant pay loans back. Just make sure you know what you are doing with college, and dont always view it as something you have to go to next.

When i first got out of highschool, i made the mistake of going to college right away. Party to much and lost focus. Worked for about 2 years for a gaming company, was offered a higher position if i got my degree. I now am attending the Art Institute in Denver in my last year with no loans i have to pay back!!!!!!!
                    Last edited by vLordChronicv; 03-10-2012, 10:11 PM.

Comment

I'm currently at Kansas State majoring in Accounting. It's not too tough to get in, but I attended a community college before transferring. Besides the drunk driver who hit me about two hours ago and the lack of sleep, I'd say I'm really enjoying college life!

Comment

Went from HS to a decent sized party school. Stayed there for a year before getting kicked out for having a 0.25 GPA.

Best memory is one I don't remember. Went to a party out in the country and woke up the next day with a terrible hangover. Friends told me that I had passed out on a satelite dish. This was back in the 80's when the dish's were like 9 feet in diameter and motorized. The reason they found me is that someone changed the TV channel and the dish wouldn't track to pick up the other satellite. They came outside to check the dish and found me there.

Did the restaurant thing after coming back home. Returned to college in 1996 and got a BS in Business Administration with a 3.8 GPA.

Comment

I go to a pretty lame community college right now that a monkey could get accepted into. I'm majoring in History and plan on minoring in English whenever I get my **** together.

It's actually not that bad, it's nice and small and I think i've had everybody on campus in class at least once haha. It's in a town 10 miles away from where I live so I just commute and live with my parents still. I plan on transferring somewhere possible after the fall semester, my deadline i'm giving myself for transferring is next spring.

I basically just work to pay for school cause it's relatively cheap and I don't want too much debt yet. I don't party cause the people are kindof weird and I don't trust most of them. But there are quite a few that I went to High School with. It's kindof looked at as a college where people from teh neighboring towns go to because they aren't ready to leave for real college yet.

I have no big complaints other than it's boring and there's a lack of new people. It's all good. My grades in high school were A's and B's and I got a 24 on the ACT and figured that was good enough. I get good grades and I don't try very hard so yeah.

Comment

I went to CU Boulder for architecture, but switched to graphic design after a year because the program went through major overhauls.

I went in with a 3.2 gpa (3.7 weighted), graduated IB, 30 ACT, 1250 SAT, and I was wait-listed.

College was the best time of my life minus the mass amount of debt I piled up.

Comment

Originally posted by Eddie "$" Royal View Post
                              Syracuse University.

Not really sure how to answer your second question. I know SU gets flooded with applicants but wouldn't put the level of grades, SAT scores and activities to an Ivy league school.

My HS gpa was a 3.6 I think. But that was 8 years. Holy crap I'm feeling old.

Favorite memory in college or during college would be marrying my wife who I proposed to after we graduate HS. I went to a feel frat parties, did not like them. Just not my thing. Can't give you an answer that says getting drunk frequently or having a 3-some. If I wasn't doing school work I was either working part time as a welder, spending time with my wife or playing miniature war games.
                              sigpic

Comment

Working...
                              X