Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Do you watch games alone or with family, friends, etc...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by jetrazor74 View Post
    "Go find your own TV."

Yeah... my wife doesn't understand why I refuse to DVR the game and fast forward the commercials...

Sorry, if it's not live, it's not the same.
    I tried avoiding hearing the score or result and watching the game that way when I got home... it was just so... not right so I invested in an AM pocket radio and learned to truly appreciate the greatness of Dave Logan
    :usa: *** God Bless Our Military Men And Women*** :usa:

sigpic
    Adopted Bronco 2015 CJ Anderson

Comment

Originally posted by Sitting Down View Post
      I admit I do have a bit of a potty mouth when watching sports. You would think I was Al Pacino or something
      Adopted Poster
      AZ Snake Fan

Comment

usually watch it with my dad mostly but sometimes my brother joins in when he hears us screaming

Comment

Originally posted by BroncosDivision View Post
          sitting down>laying down

Comment

Home games - I have a handful of Broncos-savvy friends (mostly women) I take with me. I have 2 seats so I alternate who goes with me.

Away games - I usually host just a couple of friends. Too many people just distracts from the game. And whoever I have over has to be a Broncos fan and know a bit about football.

Confession: I always record the home games and watch them when I get home even though I just came from the stadium.

Comment

Originally posted by XXXII&III View Post
              Home games - I have a handful of Broncos-savvy friends (mostly women) I take with me. I have 2 seats so I alternate who goes with me.

Away games - I usually host just a couple of friends. Too many people just distracts from the game. And whoever I have over has to be a Broncos fan and know a bit about football.

Confession: I always record the home games and watch them when I get home even though I just came from the stadium.
              sitting down>laying down

Comment

Nope, I'm a girl. lol

Comment

I admit I do have a bit of a potty mouth when watching sports. You would think I was Al Pacino or something
                  Ditto. Heck, I have a potty mouth in general. (Not ladylike, I know.)
                  sigpic

Comment

Me, too. I sort of don't trust women who don't cuss.

Comment

Yeah I cuss a little too much when watching sports. And the thing is I also cuss at the person/team I'm rooting for. Sometimes it's almost like I'm rooting against them.
                      sitting down>laying down

Comment

Originally posted by jetrazor74 View Post
                        Last few years watching games sucked. My girls were usually trying to nap right about game time and then I had to sit there biting on my hand or yelling into the couch cushion.

This last year was the first season in a long time that I didn't have to try and be quiet because my girls are past the napping stage. That's a good thing with all the comebacks this last season!!

I like watching the game with other people, as long as they're knowledgeable about the team and can at least converse about the team.

Those kinds of people know to shut up when the play is about to start.

The others... well, they just annoy the crap out of me by talking all the time during the wrong time. In those cases, I'd rather watch by myself.
                        No such thing as being past the napping stage. I wish I could take naps now. I miss being younger when I took taking naps for granted.

But good thread, and I see everyone here is different. Me personally, when I'm not watching games at the stadium, I almost always lock myself in my room so I can be a madman down there by myself I HATE watching games with other people for the most part, especially people that don't watch football regularly, and they have to add thier stupid pointless comments while I'm watching the game. Same goes for the Superbowl. Everyone has thier own little superbowl parties and I just watch it at home, and like to be alone. I rarely watch a game at a sportsbar, cause I like to be able to hear and enjoy the game by myself.

As for games when Denver isn't playing, I usually watch them by myself as well. Sometimes I watch games with buddies or what not. Like a Sunday Night football game after Denver just won, I like to go over and watch the game with someone a lot of times. But if Denver lost, then i stay away from people for a week.
                        :salute: :goz: :salute:

Comment

I guess I get a bit too serious about the games for some people to handle... girls tell me "you get too angry when Tebow throws interceptions"

I respond "we can't be having that in training camp its unacceptable!"
                          :usa: *** God Bless Our Military Men And Women*** :usa:

sigpic
                          Adopted Bronco 2015 CJ Anderson

Comment

Yeah I cuss a little too much when watching sports. And the thing is I also cuss at the person/team I'm rooting for. Sometimes it's almost like I'm rooting against them.
                            Ditto again.
                            sigpic

Comment

I curbed the cussing because of the little kids a long time ago, but I still jump up and throw my hat... a lot.

Comment

I don't cuss at our guys - well, let me clarify that a bit. I don't call them names (except for Romanowski); I might just swear in general at a missed catch or interception or blown play.

But opposing players, coaches, fans.... they're all fair game. Except for Tebow, I'll never cuss at him.

Comment

Working...
                                X