List Of Good Things For You...That May Surprise

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• List Of Good Things For You...That May Surprise

This past week alone, I was reminded of some things that are maybe even good for you, that we may think of as "not so good" for us........given certain restrictions of course.

Yes, it was a promising week in that respect, when reminded (via articles I've read) that:

- Popcorn, with minimal amounts of butter and salt, is very good for you
    - Alcohol in very moderate amounts can be good for you.......red wine is typically at the forefront
    - Dark chocolate has definite benefits (again......moderate intake please!)

These are just a few of the things that make me smile, that may actually make me smile for a healthy reason.

But I also have a theory (shared by plenty of folks)........that occasional consumption of tasty things can have a "happy" value, that overrides negative effects. This aligns with a belief in the power of happiness, positivity, humour and optimism. I believe! Just like it's a good thing to look for the silver lining even when things get tough, I also believe that rewarding yourself from time to time with some form of life's tastiness, does more good than bad. Conversely, I firmly believe that dwelling on the negative and being knee deep in a life of self initiated unhappiness is a sure fire way to make things worse. When in that zone, I recommend that one reaches out to positive folks......and before you know it, things start looking a little better. And while you're at it, have a bite or a sip of something you love......feels good!!!

~~~~~~~~~~~

I digress......time to research other goodies/tasties that are actually healthy as well.

Are you folks telling me that there are only 3 things that fit this category.....

Yikes

I guess a lot of red meat, a couple of those KFC Double Downs, a thick milkshake and a huge, sugar coated cinnamun bun won't pass the test.......

Comment

Double DOWN! BOOOOOM!

Okay ... if not :

-sleep, yes it does the body and mind good (just look at what remedy has become since he began working in bars...lol)

-Coffee (suprised eh?) seems to have an effect on the mind going haywire when you get old /alzeimer's
      Canadian Denver Bronco Fan #7

Adopted Broncos:
      -:Mr. Decker:-

Comment

Originally posted by Louich View Post
        Double DOWN! BOOOOOM!

Okay ... if not :

-sleep, yes it does the body and mind good (just look at what remedy has become since he began working in bars...lol)

-Coffee (suprised eh?) seems to have an effect on the mind going haywire when you get old /alzeimer's
        Lou.....please explain the coffee note......I'm pretty old, so I have to understand this one......

(albeit, many folks here have wondered where my mind is at, for some time!!!)

Comment

well some studys (with a control population over a long period of time) came to the conclusion that drinking coffe (1 or 2 per day) can slow down the arrival of Alzeimer's deases. Just like when you retire it is strongly suggested to keep you mind working on complexe problems so it keeps 'fresh'.

I remember theses study because the condition is present in my family and I feared my dad could develop it (my grand pops got devastated by it in the last fews years of his life...not pretty )
          Last edited by Louich; 03-30-2012, 06:12 AM.

Adopted Broncos:

Comment

Does Hennessy have the same benefits of red wine?

Comment

Everything in moderation.

sigpic
              - ★ -
              2012 Adopt a Bronco : Joe Mays

Comment

Most nutts are very good for you, almonds especially
                sigpic
                Thank you Charger$

Comment

Me. i'm good for you...... I am like milk.. I do your body goooooood

Comment

Originally posted by Louich View Post
                    well some studys (with a control population over a long period of time) came to the conclusion that drinking coffe (1 or 2 per day) can slow down the arrival of Alzeimer's deases. Just like when you retire it is strongly suggested to keep you mind working on complexe problems so it keeps 'fresh'.

I remember theses study because the condition is present in my family and I feared my dad could develop it (my grand pops got devastated by it in the last fews years of his life...not pretty )
                    thx Lou!!!

As for Alzheimer's........very sad.

Comment

Originally posted by Remedy View Post
                      So you are a good remedy for the body.

Comment

Originally posted by Remedy View Post

I come I did not think about that !

Originally posted by CanDB View Post
                        thx Lou!!!

As for Alzheimer's........very sad.
                        No prob Can!

Edit: the canadian mafia in on single post. BOUM ! lol

Double edit: there are a lot of boom's in here ....

Adopted Broncos:

Comment

Originally posted by InElwayWeTrust View Post
                          So you are a good remedy for the body.
                          A dose of me is a remedy for all life woes from mind, body or soul.

Comment

Sex, in any quantity, is good for you. :clap:

Nagging girlfriends/wives are not.

sigpic

FA Targets: DT Jason Jones, DT Pat Simms, S Reggie Smith, LB Dan Connor

:cool:

Comment

Ice cream isn't bad for you in small amounts. You tend to get fuller after eating ice cream, it is healthier than a lot of deserts, and has calcium and stuff.

Fun fact: chocolate is poisonous if you eat enough. It takes roughly 20 lbs however.
                              Also if you eat nothing but rabbit, you die. People can do chicken and beef diets in a pinch, but just rabbit is bad.

It has nothing but a lot of protein, and your body needs carbs and such to help digest protein, so you end up dying of protein poisoning.

Human meat is supposed to be the same.

Comment

Working...
                              X