No announcement yet.

Interesting knowledge from your profession

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

People are buying home defense shotguns at an astonishing rate (AR-15's are a close second).
    sigpic

Comment

Based on my previous career as a Customer Care Director.....

........people don't like to wait!

Comment

When in a restaurant, never under any circumstance is it wise to be rude to your service. Trust me, all kinds of people work in a kitchen and anything goes behind closed doors. I've worked in a lot of kitchens, I try to prepare all of my own meals...

ughhh... gross. It's counter intuitive to a lot of people, because you pay for a service and you should be taken care of. However, whenever a customer at a restaurant I go out of my way to make sure I am as accommodating and helpful to my service as possible... because this is the only thing that can save you from disgruntled employees! All a fellow is lookin for is an excuse to mess with your meal and Mr. Potsmocking UFC wannabe is going to throw a special ingredient into your soup.

This is without discuss of the general lack of cleanliness in kitchens that are mandated by day to day operations... People make things dirty in their methodical laziness and cutting of corners.
        Last edited by Zealander; 04-01-2012, 07:23 PM.

Comment

It cost more for a business to aceept your rewards credit card than a normal credit card.

Comment

Originally posted by Zealander View Post
            When in a restaurant, never under any circumstance is it wise to be rude to your service. Trust me, all kinds of people work in a kitchen and anything goes behind closed doors. I've worked in a lot of kitchens, I try to prepare all of my own meals...

ughhh... gross. It's counter intuitive to a lot of people, because you pay for a service and you should be taken care of. However, whenever a customer at a restaurant I go out of my way to make sure I am as accommodating and helpful to my service as possible... because this is the only thing that can save you from disgruntled employees! All a fellow is lookin for is an excuse to mess with your meal and Mr. Potsmocking UFC wannabe is going to throw a special ingredient into your soup.

This is without discuss of the general lack of cleanliness in kitchens that are mandated by day to day operations... People make things dirty in there methodical laziness and cutting of corners.
            You should be nice to waiters on general principle. Not only because many will jump on the opportunity to mess with your food or retaliate with crappy service. But because they spend handfuls of hours dealing with punk-ass kids; and, even more often, they deal with rude, entitled adults who look down on waiters.

I can't stand rude, disrespectful people. What i've learned from my job is that there are plenty of rude, disrespectful people. And also that humans are gross.

Comment

Originally posted by aberdien View Post
              You should be nice to waiters on general principle. Not only because many will jump on the opportunity to mess with your food or retaliate with crappy service. But because they spend handfuls of hours dealing with punk-ass kids; and, even more often, they deal with rude, entitled adults who look down on waiters.

I can't stand rude, disrespectful people. What i've learned from my job is that there are plenty of rude, disrespectful people. And also that humans are gross.
              You should be nice to everyone everywhere in any profession
              sigpic
              Thank you Charger$

Comment

Consensus says, "Be nice." It is shocking how often I am reminded of just how many people in my parts are rude... Terrible way to go about your day I say. Honestly, I think it's the service industry that brings out the worst in people. Retail too...
                Last edited by Zealander; 04-01-2012, 07:18 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by HavoK471 View Post
                  You should be nice to everyone everywhere in any profession
                  Indeed, especially when it comes to food though.

Example of human stupidity: Last night I had somebody ask me how many shrimp came with the 5 pc jumbo shrimp.

Comment

VOC audits are a waste of time.

sigpic

FA Targets: DT Jason Jones, DT Pat Simms, S Reggie Smith, LB Dan Connor

:cool:

Comment

People will demand to invest their money on what talking heads like Cramer say on TV.

Just assume your clients know nothing. And when they know something it's a nice plus.
                      sigpic

Comment

There are two people you cannot lie to.. your doctor and your mechanic.
                        *2011 BCMB Locker Room Division I League Champion*
                        *Voted; 2013 & 2015 BCMBA's Scariest Mod*
                        *Voted; 2014 BCMBA's Best Avi and Most Friendly*

Comment

If you build it.. they will come
                          sigpic

Comment

I was in construction restoration for 8 years. I can tell you that people freak out about a little mold, being somewhat ignorant of the fact that many of them have more mold in their fridge than the little spot on the wall provides.

Also, from the satellite dish installer perspective, coax does supply HD. :thumb:
                            ...and oh yeah, the new hopper and joey's are really freakin' cool, but they suck to install. It takes over an hour for the software to download.
                            sigpic
                            Thank you to my grandfather jetrazor for being a veteran of the armed forces!

Comment

#1) Many talented and gifted kids are actually more difficult to manage because their minds are firmly stuck in the clouds.

#2) As a former athlete I know this one well, but as a ski coach it's extremely tough to see good kids learn this lesson: Hard work doesn't lead to success. Most of my job is actually spent actively encouraging them not to flip out, which is apt to happen in the egocentric sport of ski racing...

Comment

Originally posted by Al Wilson 4 Mayor View Post
                                I was in construction restoration for 8 years. I can tell you that people freak out about a little mold, being somewhat ignorant of the fact that many of them have more mold in their fridge than the little spot on the wall provides.

Also, from the satellite dish installer perspective, coax does supply HD. :thumb:
                                ...and oh yeah, the new hopper and joey's are really freakin' cool, but they suck to install. It takes over an hour for the software to download.
                                Al so you install for Dish Network? I worked for EchoStar for years...in the engineering dept before I left. I remember being in meetings about the new MoCA STB's. They referred to the units as XIP...anyway small world.

Thx,
                                Joe
                                To live is to suffer, to survive is to find meaning in the suffering.

sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X