No announcement yet.

Anxiety

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I tend to worry and stress over things that I really shouldn't... Not sure if that's anxiety or not but it sucks
    :usa: *** God Bless Our Military Men And Women*** :usa:

sigpic
    Adopted Bronco 2015 CJ Anderson

Comment

I understand where you are coming from. I had high stress position a few years ago w work, new family, finances and ended up in hospital for an over night stay until they said it was just me getting myself worked up.

Heart was great they said. Offered me meds to take when anxiety or feeling hit, but after cycle I wanted to avoid meds. I turned to lifting, running, and other stress releaving activities. Find some non-stress activities. It's all up to you and only you. Take care of yourself Jake and see a medical professional if you can to at least rule things out.

Best wishes.
      Last edited by 100%Broncoholic; 04-29-2012, 06:03 PM.
      sigpic
      The Bronco fan pledge;
      I am a Broncos Fan and I believe
      I believe in Mile High Magic and bleed Orange and Blue.
      I celebrate the Orange Crush, The Drive, and the Mile High Salute.
      I create the THUNDER, share the common dream, and will forever be a proud citizen of
      Bronco's Country.

Adopt a Poster AZ Snake Fan & SecondsAway131

Comment

Originally posted by Frenchy180 View Post
        I tend to worry and stress over things that I really shouldn't... Not sure if that's anxiety or not but it sucks
        Same here, it does suck!
        sigpic

Comment

Panic/anxiety attacks have changed my life forever. May 19th, 2004 was my first one.

I hate them.
          Last edited by Broncoholic JS; 04-29-2012, 06:38 PM.

Adopted Posters - Broncoholic MS, thatkidhunt, Al Wilson 4 Mayor, Thors Hammer, McSmashie, CanDB, Peanut, BroncoManiac_69, MightyHorse, CHARGER$, Chillez, EddieMac
          Married Megan Joy on August 18th, 2013
          Proud Daddy of Jeremiah James born February 24, 2011

Adopt-A-Bronco 2013 - Champ Bailey
          Yankees, Rockies, Nuggets, Avalanche, CU Buffs
          I still miss you Jake Plummer!

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by CoryWinget81 View Post
            It's comforting to hear that I'm not the only one.
            Me too. Im here for you Broncos Bro

Adopted Posters - Broncoholic MS, thatkidhunt, Al Wilson 4 Mayor, Thors Hammer, McSmashie, CanDB, Peanut, BroncoManiac_69, MightyHorse, CHARGER$, Chillez, EddieMac

sigpic

Comment

I have finals this week. Nobody can complain to me about anxiety issues.
              sigpic

"Maybe if he had an iron suit or a magic hammer...."

Comment

Originally posted by JakeNbake View Post
                The feeling I suppose is not one that you can put words to. It's not something that most people would think to be a life changing or serious matter. Though I tend to believe it is both of those things.

If I can keep myself occupied then it seems to be a bit better. But somethings I might do to occupy myself I won't do because of the anxiety.
                I know that this is not a support group or a mental health board. But I know there are a lot of people here and I would imagine some people (as shown above) also have this issue.

Perhaps some words of advice might help. I'm sure we all have our own reasons for this and I'm not asking to be cured. Perhaps just ways to deal with it.

If you prefer not to speak in this thread I understand but if it's because of privacy I would appreciate a PM.

Anyway thanks for reading this if you did.
                I think you have the cure, but you just have to trust it. Stay busy Jake. Join things if you must. Meet new folks. Do not give yourself too much idle time, unless of course you need to rest and chill.

The mind is a powerful thing....Powerful!

If you let it go down the wrong road, it will do it with focus. If you let it work its magic, it will. As you know, I am not a youngin....and I do have some legit ailments. But sometimes I've noticed that a certain pain will get stronger if I focus on it. Then the focus turns a bit to "worry", and worry emphasizes the nerve so to speak. In fact, I swear that if I focus my energy on one little toe, I can actually make it feel pain or some other weird sensation.

Stay busy......keep your mind so active it won't have a chance at wandering. I like to think that social interaction....not the online type.....is a good way to help in that regard.

Feel free to pm me if you wish to discuss.
                Last edited by CanDB; 04-29-2012, 08:13 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by CoryWinget81 View Post
                  If only it were that easy.
                  Right? Easier said than done.

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by CanDB View Post
                    I think you have the cure, but you just have to trust it. Stay busy Jake. Join things if you must. Meet new folks. Do not give yourself too much idle time, unless of course you need to rest and chill.

The mind is a powerful thing....Powerful!

If you let it go down the wrong road, it will do it with focus. If you let it work it's magic, it will. As you know, I am not a youngin....and I do have some legit ailments. But sometimes I've noticed that a certain pain will get stronger if I focus on it. Then the focus turns a bit to "worry", and worry emphasizes the nerve so to speak. In fact, I swear that if I focus my energy on one little toe, I can actually make it feel pain or some other weird sensation.

Stay busy......keep your mind so active it won't have a chance at wandering. I like to think that social interaction....not the online type.....is a good way to help in that regard.

Feel free to pm me if you wish to discuss.
                    Thanks for the advice. I do think I understand the problem. I think you are right with your assessment. I have trouble putting thought to action at times and this again is just one of those cases.
                    sigpic
                    2013 Adopted Bronco - Duke Ihenacho

Comment

Originally posted by JakeNbake View Post
                      Thanks for the advice. I do think I understand the problem. I think you are right with your assessment. I have trouble putting thought to action at times and this again is just one of those cases.
                      Hey Jake.......I just helped myself while trying to be helpful.......instead of letting those other pains bother me, I'm just going to "think" all my pain into my little toe......that way I'll capture it all in one little place. You know the deal, don't bother going to the doctor, "it's just a little toe!!"......

(btw.....I am quite sure I've broken my little toe at least once, but let it heal on its own both times.)

Comment

Originally posted by CanDB View Post
                        Hey Jake.......I just helped myself while trying to be helpful.......instead of letting those other pains bother me, I'm just going to "think" all my pain into my little toe......that way I'll capture it all in one little place. You know the deal, don't bother going to the doctor, "it's just a little toe!!"......

(btw.....I am quite sure I've broken my little toe at least once, but let it heal on its own both times.)
                        Even if you did go to the Doc for that little toe.. not much they'll do. Maybe advise on some Advil and to stay off your feet as much as possible.
                        *2011 BCMB Locker Room Division I League Champion*
                        *Voted; 2013 & 2015 BCMBA's Scariest Mod*
                        *Voted; 2014 BCMBA's Best Avi and Most Friendly*

Comment

I get a little anxiety over anything that puts my life in other peoples hands. Flying/passenger in car, makes me really nervous.

I just try to do anything that takes my mind off of it. Play a game, talk to others around you, listen to music, read a book.
                          sigpic

Comment

Jake, you're definitely not alone. Anxiety and panic is something I'm struggling with mightily recently. Mine is from not handling my life for the last couple years, not being able to... just deal... due to a death in my family that put me in a major grief-stricken, depressive downward spiral. It was all I could do, really, to just... live. Now that I'm through the worst of the grief and depression, and thank god for my therapist and antidepressants, I think what's happening is that I'm finally poking my head up out of the sand and realizing how much I have to do to get "caught up" with all the things I let slide while I wasn't able to handle them.

The sense of panic, for me, is worse at night. For me, I suppose the answer is to realize I didn't get myself into this mess in a day and I'm not going to fix it in day. I'm giving myself credit for plugging away and tackling these things that shouldn't be, but are, so hard for me to do. But, I'm doing them, even though it scares the living crap out of me. And I have to remind myself that as I continue digging my way out, I will reach a point where I'm on top of things enough that I'll have no need to panic about them.

But it sure sucks in the meantime! Adrenaline is a cool thing when it surges from doing something fun. It's not such a cool thing when it floods your body and ascerbates the anxiety and panic. Or causes it, or whatever.

I hope it's of some comfort to you to know that others are experiencing this. It means you're not a whackjob! Or it means we're all whackjobs.... lol.

Take care.

Comment

Working...
                            X