Lost a member of my pack yesterday

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Lost a member of my pack yesterday

Today is a sad day...... I came home from work last night expecting to be greeted as usual but it was different this time. I went out into the yard knowing something was up I had a dog missing and there he laid stiff on the ground with Shelby his sister nearby. I'm not going to kid myself that hit me pretty hard took him to my dads and buried him last night. I'm not positive what happened he was fine the morning I left for work nothing out of the normal slept in his usual spot at the foot of my bed and got up in the morning and ate together before I headed into work. There were no signs at all of him being previously sick or slowed down at all and his body conditions seemed normal he still had his appetite. This dog never had an ounce of quit in him and was just treeing coons, working blood trails, baying hogs & working cattle on Saturday so I really don't understand it at all. He was a damn good dog and he was just turning it on at a year old now. Left for work and when I got home he was already gone and had hemorrhaged out.

With the time we had together he hardly ever quit on me and would do anything I ever asked of him or best he good. One of them dogs that is just born well mannered from the get go and smart as they come. We traveled numerous states and went to all types of events, I know the short time that we had together we both enjoyed. He was literally my pride and joy and we made plenty of memories together whether that be going to the gas station or headed out of state. We all had high expectations of him. He was a wonder dog well in the making. RIP Jack Roush.

April 24th, 2011 - April 30th, 2012

still a pup

sorry man, i almost take the loss of my dogs harder than loved ones, i know its tough
    sigpic
    -------

Comment

So sorry to hear that. I was devastated when my first dog passed away

I know nothing we say will make you feel better, but just know that you and your dog are in our thoughts and prayers.

I know I'll have to go through it again, because my other dog is 15 years old

sigpic

FA Targets: DT Jason Jones, DT Pat Simms, S Reggie Smith, LB Dan Connor

:cool:

Comment

Man that's rough. I LOVE dogs... I had to put my white boxer down when I was a Junior in high school. Quite possibly the worst day of my life up to that point. I had a golf tournament that day that I couldn't care any less about (I don't even remember if I did well or not) because I had to come home and head to the vet.

I still miss that badass. He was deaf and yet he was the best watch dog we ever had growing up. He compensated for not being able to hear by being able to feel every little vibration and he'd freak out and race outside barking at the slightest hint of "trouble"

I think he was 9 when we had to go through with it.

It's never easy losing a pet. They become a vital part of your actual family and quite frankly at the time I loved my dog more than I did my siblings. As with human loved ones lost, just remember all the good times you had with the little guy and how awesome he was.

It's hard knowing what might have caused this to happen to him. There could have been an internal situation going on that was hiding itself for a while before striking.

Either way it sucks losing puppies I feel for you man.
        sigpic

DISCLAIMER: MY REVIEWS OFTEN CONTAIN SPOILERS. READ AT YOUR OWN RISK.

Comment

I'm really sorry to hear that. The loss of a dog is very rough as we all know.

I'm not going to give you advice as I'm sure many others already have just thought I'd give you my condolences.
          sigpic
          2013 Adopted Bronco - Duke Ihenacho

Comment

So sorry for your loss man. It's always tough to see them go. I'll keep you in my thoughts.
            :usa: *** God Bless Our Military Men And Women*** :usa:

sigpic
            Adopted Bronco 2015 CJ Anderson

Comment

Thank y'all for the words.... It really means a lot to me right now. Everyone had high expectations of this pup and he was meeting all of them. Even had plans to stud the dog out eventually to pass on the genes and traits he possessed. Really was a wonder dog in the making and I'm going to have a hard time replacing him in my pack. He was the lead dog and always out front with the others following his lead on a hunt it broke my heart to see his sister laying beside him lifeless in my yard.

Just Saturday he was working cattle, baying hogs in the pen, working blood trails and treeing coons at an event.... He was a do it all type of dog and full of life.

I can honestly say our favorite memory with each other is staying in the hotel outside of Mile High Stadium and going up into the rocky mountains to explore. He even found an elk that had been dead a few days, lol off a hidden trail. I'm going to miss this dog that's for sure. Just needed a place to vent.

Comment

Wow. I'm sorry to hear about your loss.

He was good looking too. Head up. I know it's hard.. but head up.
                *2011 BCMB Locker Room Division I League Champion*
                *Voted; 2013 & 2015 BCMBA's Scariest Mod*
                *Voted; 2014 BCMBA's Best Avi and Most Friendly*

Comment

Maybe you should re-name him Darrent. ......... heh.

gone before his full potential was able to be reached.
                  sigpic

DISCLAIMER: MY REVIEWS OFTEN CONTAIN SPOILERS. READ AT YOUR OWN RISK.

Comment

Originally posted by RealBronco View Post
                    Man that's rough. I LOVE dogs... I had to put my white boxer down when I was a Junior in high school. Quite possibly the worst day of my life up to that point. I had a golf tournament that day that I couldn't care any less about (I don't even remember if I did well or not) because I had to come home and head to the vet.

I still miss that badass. He was deaf and yet he was the best watch dog we ever had growing up. He compensated for not being able to hear by being able to feel every little vibration and he'd freak out and race outside barking at the slightest hint of "trouble"

I think he was 9 when we had to go through with it.

It's never easy losing a pet. They become a vital part of your actual family and quite frankly at the time I loved my dog more than I did my siblings. As with human loved ones lost, just remember all the good times you had with the little guy and how awesome he was.

It's hard knowing what might have caused this to happen to him. There could have been an internal situation going on that was hiding itself for a while before striking.

Either way it sucks losing puppies I feel for you man.
                    My last dog was a white boxer. A rare color for that breed. He was great.

destrukt, I'm sorry for your loss. For him to be so young and for it to happen so unexpectedly has to be hard.

Prayers are with you.
                    Administrator
                    sigpic

#LupusAwareness

#TackleCancer - Adopted Bronco: Phillip Lindsay

"a semicolon is used when an author could've chosen to end their sentence, but chose not to. The author is you and the sentence is your life ; "

Comment

Originally posted by RealBronco View Post
                      Maybe you should re-name him Darrent. ......... heh.

gone before his full potential was able to be reached.
                      I saw the humor in that.... Brought a grin to my face, thanks. Williams was one of the only Corners I've enjoyed watching play aside from Champ for Denver. I know he was a local Texas guy like myself.

Comment

My dogs have always been more than pets. They are loving members of my family. I truly am sorry for your loss. It's very hard when you lose a loved one. Just be happy for the times you had.

Here are a few of mine from over the years.

The last 2 are the same dog, from puppy to 14 yrs. She was the best dog I ever had. Her name was Babs.

The first 2 are Buddy and Simon, my current wrestling partners.

Comment

Very sorry about your loss.
                          sigpic

Comment

My heart goes out to you, it is always a huge loss no matter what age they are.

Comment

What a great looking dog he was! Sorry you're dealing with his untimely passing.
                              Originally posted by Broncoholic3233
                              FF is awesome!

Comment

Working...
                              X