Observations from the hospital

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Observations from the hospital

Well I've been hospitalized this past week+ and really don't know when I'm getting out. But anyways I'm trying to stay positive and have some fun with my situation.

Observations from the hospital:
    1. I have 3 chin hairs
    2. When your nurse writes her name as “Dy” its not necessarily a bad omen.
    3. When “Dy” says she is going on vacation and says “hope you’re out in a week”….you see her in a week and realize it is a bad omen.
    4. The only thing worse than hospital food is no food.
    5. Pizza hut has launched a huge ad campaign and their cheesy bites pizza for $11.99 looks delicious.
    6. When you can anticipate what Neil Everett is gonna say before he says it, then you have watched too many back to back episodes of sportscenter and need a walk.
    7. When you go for a walk and your back is hunched over as an 18 yr old and you notice and old guy pass you in his walker you know its gonna be a bad day.
    8. People of my condition are encouraged to participate in public flatulation.
    9. Not having to wear pants for a week isnt all its cracked up to be
    10. Being allowed to lie in bed 24/7 gets you nowhere when the nurses and doctors only talk to you once you fall asleep.
    11. Being in the same room for a week isn’t healthy. I advocate patients be allowed to play musical rooms!
    12. On a serious note theres always someone worse off and therefor I'll stay positive and be happy for the amazing friends and family I have that can't wait for me to get outta here

Anyways I'm not looking for sympathy or anything like that from you guys, although of course a get well is appreciated. I'm really starting this thread to see if anyone else can throw in some positivism and humor on any past experiences that really weren't the best of situations
    sigpic
    Thanks Freyaka for the Sig! And Avatar!

Sounds like you've had plenty of time on your hands, haha. Hope you're doing better soon.
    Are you a reaper?

Comment

Originally posted by Dieselspeed View Post
      Sounds like you've had plenty of time on your hands, haha. Hope you're doing better soon.
      haha oh yes! I'm supposed to be taking my finals this week but instead I'm trying to find ways to pass the time! and thank you
      sigpic

Comment

I've been there man. Had multiple surgeries on my foot since childbirth, and lying in a hospital sucks! I hope you get better soon!

I suggest trying to have fun at every turn. See if you can order those cheesy bites, if you can try to fall asleep upside down under your sheets to confuse the doctors, have people bring you in a mask or something to wear when nurses come to checkup on you, make polka dots on your chest in patterns and ask if that is normal.....Stuff like that!

Comment

Originally posted by sbxxxiichamps View Post
          Well I've been hospitalized this past week+ and really don't know when I'm getting out. But anyways I'm trying to stay positive and have some fun with my situation.

Observations from the hospital:
          1. I have 3 chin hairs
          2. When your nurse writes her name as “Dy” its not necessarily a bad omen.
          3. When “Dy” says she is going on vacation and says “hope you’re out in a week”….you see her in a week and realize it is a bad omen.
          4. The only thing worse than hospital food is no food.
          5. Pizza hut has launched a huge ad campaign and their cheesy bites pizza for $11.99 looks delicious.
          6. When you can anticipate what Neil Everett is gonna say before he says it, then you have watched too many back to back episodes of sportscenter and need a walk.
          7. When you go for a walk and your back is hunched over as an 18 yr old and you notice and old guy pass you in his walker you know its gonna be a bad day.
          8. People of my condition are encouraged to participate in public flatulation.
          9. Not having to wear pants for a week isnt all its cracked up to be
          10. Being allowed to lie in bed 24/7 gets you nowhere when the nurses and doctors only talk to you once you fall asleep.
          11. Being in the same room for a week isn’t healthy. I advocate patients be allowed to play musical rooms!
          12. On a serious note theres always someone worse off and therefor I'll stay positive and be happy for the amazing friends and family I have that can't wait for me to get outta here

Anyways I'm not looking for sympathy or anything like that from you guys, although of course a get well is appreciated. I'm really starting this thread to see if anyone else can throw in some positivism and humor on any past experiences that really weren't the best of situations
          a) get well buddy!
          b) only 3 chin hairs? you need to work on your beard growing prowess
          c) you could start gambling on old person vs you races down the hall way... get some vegas odds going on
          d) I want pizza hut now
          e) really though get well sir!

oh yeah.. and is your nurse cute?

Comment

That was pretty funny. Thanks for taking time write something. Hope you get better.

Can you watch movies of your choice? Like DVD's?

Comment

Originally posted by CinnaMunMun View Post
              I've been there man. Had multiple surgeries on my foot since childbirth, and lying in a hospital sucks! I hope you get better soon!

I suggest trying to have fun at every turn. See if you can order those cheesy bites, if you can try to fall asleep upside down under your sheets to confuse the doctors, have people bring you in a mask or something to wear when nurses come to checkup on you, make polka dots on your chest in patterns and ask if that is normal.....Stuff like that!
              those are great suggestions!! and thank you
              sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Remedy View Post
                a) get well buddy!
                b) only 3 chin hairs? you need to work on your beard growing prowess
                c) you could start gambling on old person vs you races down the hall way... get some vegas odds going on
                d) I want pizza hut now
                e) really though get well sir!

oh yeah.. and is your nurse cute?
                haha, yea the chin hair is an issue. People ask me what grade I'm in and I have to tell em I'm a freshman in college to their astonishment...my buddies get a kick outta that! I've been dying for that pizza hut but I can't eat real food at the moment . My one nurse is pretty cute actually lol , but the one next door is better

and thanks!

Originally posted by Jay3 View Post
                That was pretty funny. Thanks for taking time write something. Hope you get better.

Can you watch movies of your choice? Like DVD's?
                Thank you! and yes! I watched fight club and then the matrix trilogy all in one day!
                sigpic

Comment

haha, yea the chin hair is an issue. People ask me what grade I'm in and I have to tell em I'm a freshman in college to their astonishment...my buddies get a kick outta that! I've been dying for that pizza hut but I can't eat real food at the moment . My one nurse is pretty cute actually lol , but the one next door is better

and thanks!
                  order pizza, pretend to choke have cute nurse give cpr... win at life

Comment

First off... Get well!

Second... If you've got a DVR and have things set to record automatically, you'll have lots of (hopefully) good tv to catch up on when you get out.

Third... Now that I think of it I'm sure you don't want to be sitting on a couch catching up on tv when you get out.

Fourth... Seriously get a Darth Vader mask and voice changer.
                    :usa: *** God Bless Our Military Men And Women*** :usa:

sigpic
                    Adopted Bronco 2015 CJ Anderson

Comment

Originally posted by Remedy View Post
                      order pizza, pretend to choke have cute nurse give cpr... win at life
                      That sir, is a evil scheme of master proportions that I would love to try! except the only food I'm allowed is through my veins ....its why that pizza hut commercial is starting to get to me! its on every channel!

Originally posted by Frenchy180 View Post
                      First off... Get well!

Second... If you've got a DVR and have things set to record automatically, you'll have lots of (hopefully) good tv to catch up on when you get out.

Third... Now that I think of it I'm sure you don't want to be sitting on a couch catching up on tv when you get out.

Thanks Frenchy! and yea the second I'm free of here I'm hitting the gym and getting back to where I left off. No couch for me haha! My goal was to get in shape and gain some significant weight over the summer and with this little mishap I won't have as much time.

However, I would love to answer all my nurses questions in this Darth Vader mask you speak of!

I'm loving your guys ideas
                      sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Frenchy180 View Post

Yes!

Feel better fast!

And yes that new Pizza Hut pizza looks yummy.
                        sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by socalpeytonfan View Post
                          Yes!

Feel better fast!

And yes that new Pizza Hut pizza looks yummy.
                          Thanks! and doesn't that pizza look good!? i've decided its gonna be one of my first meals when I'm all good again
                          sigpic

Comment

Thanks! and doesn't that pizza look good!? i've decided its gonna be one of my first meals when I'm all good again
                            Just be prepared for it to be your constant craving for many months afterwards That's how it works for a lot of people I know lol
                            :usa: *** God Bless Our Military Men And Women*** :usa:

sigpic
                            Adopted Bronco 2015 CJ Anderson

Comment

Heal well, and heal quickly, friend.

And while my stays in the hospital have only been a day or two at a time, I once got a sponge bath and a lotion rub down from a hot nurse... for no reason I've ever been able to discern.

Comment

Working...
                              X