Private Messages.........

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Private Messages.........

I've had the pleasure of receiving some pms here, and I am happy to say that almost every one of them has been interesting, friendly and appreciated. And based on what I can derive from things, I believe I learned more about these people via a single pm, than in reading a bunch of posts from them. My theory is this......when we send private messages, they are usually more heartfelt, and better reflect our true feelings, as we are likely more comfortable telling one person (that we feel we can trust) some of our deeper feelings.....than putting it out there for all to see.

Sure, in time if you follow one poster here, you will probably get a good idea of who they are and what they represent. But sometimes folks keep things a little more general, and sometimes we say more of the "right things" when in the public eye. Whereas when we like someone, and feel some safety in expressing our feelings to them.....privately......we tend to be more personal.

In some cases folks will tell you more about their lives, their sincere beliefs, and in general, talk like they were face to face, like at a coffee shop.

Also, some of these exchanges are meant to clarify and correct situations that did not go so well online....and for me, I've had some really positive outcomes as a result. We straightened things out and have gained respect for one another in so doing.

I really enjoy these exchanges. As I say, for me they are not frequent, but when they occur I look forward to "opening" them. And hopefully those receiving mine get some of that same reaction.

So.......thanks to those who have chosen that route of interaction with me.:thumb:

Feel free to send them!

Yeah I don't usually get many unless they are some form of game like the GM game or a franchise... Well I guess I got those infraction messages to lol. But even then they are fun to read and find out some intereting things about people.

I personally post the way I feel because I deem no one here really knows me so there is no point in trying to hide who I really am, but I need to stop being so sarcastic it is really going to get me into deep trouble on here lol.

Adopted Broncos:
    (2011-2013) Eric Decker
    (2014-2018) Bradley Roby
    (2019-Current) Drew Lock
    Adopted posters:
    Everyone

Comment

Originally posted by #87Birdman View Post
      Yeah I don't usually get many unless they are some form of game like the GM game or a franchise... Well I guess I got those infraction messages to lol. But even then they are fun to read and find out some intereting things about people.

I personally post the way I feel because I deem no one here really knows me so there is no point in trying to hide who I really am, but I need to stop being so sarcastic it is really going to get me into deep trouble on here lol.
      We once asked for a "sarcastic" smiley because sometimes it was hard to tell who was actually serious and who wasn't.....

Comment

Originally posted by CanDB View Post
        We once asked for a "sarcastic" smiley because sometimes it was hard to tell who was actually serious and who wasn't.....
        For some people...

I on the other hand only make serious posts.

Comment

Originally posted by Remedy View Post
          For some people...

Adopted Broncos:
          (2011-2013) Eric Decker
          (2014-2018) Bradley Roby
          (2019-Current) Drew Lock
          Adopted posters:
          Everyone

Comment

Originally posted by Remedy View Post
            For some people...

I am looking all over for the smiley, but I can't find it........

Comment

Originally posted by #87Birdman View Post
              Not sure if not serious or not not serious
              I am looking all over for the smiley, but I can't find it........

I never smile..... before my first coffee of the day.

Comment

I've had the pleasure of receiving some pms here, and I am happy to say that almost every one of them has been interesting, friendly and appreciated. And based on what I can derive from things, I believe I learned more about these people via a single pm, than in reading a bunch of posts from them. My theory is this......when we send private messages, they are usually more heartfelt, and better reflect our true feelings, as we are likely more comfortable telling one person (that we feel we can trust) some of our deeper feelings.....than putting it out there for all to see.

Sure, in time if you follow one poster here, you will probably get a good idea of who they are and what they represent. But sometimes folks keep things a little more general, and sometimes we say more of the "right things" when in the public eye. Whereas when we like someone, and feel some safety in expressing our feelings to them.....privately......we tend to be more personal.

In some cases folks will tell you more about their lives, their sincere beliefs, and in general, talk like they were face to face, like at a coffee shop.

Also, some of these exchanges are meant to clarify and correct situations that did not go so well online....and for me, I've had some really positive outcomes as a result. We straightened things out and have gained respect for one another in so doing.

I really enjoy these exchanges. As I say, for me they are not frequent, but when they occur I look forward to "opening" them. And hopefully those receiving mine get some of that same reaction.

So.......thanks to those who have chosen that route of interaction with me.:thumb:

Feel free to send them!
                Who are you again?
                Originally posted by Broncoholic3233
                FF is awesome!

Comment

I also don't get many PM's though when I do they tend to be a good thing. They often spur from a dissagreement or a misunderstanding that has happened between me and another. When talked out they usually end up a lot better. I believe you are right that people are free to be more themselves in a PM, I usually get more heartfelt answers and less general mumbojumbo.

I've also gotten a few (I use the term few but it's really more than that) PM's from some Mods that have something to do with my being bad. I could do without those, but when I get them I'm usually already expecting them anyway.

I have a connection with a few people on this board and we talk in other places which probably limits my number of PM's though if people ever need any advice (it might not always be the best but I'll try to help) Or just an ear (okay more like an eye) to listen to their troubles I'm always here. Even if for some reason you don't believe I like you.
                  sigpic
                  2013 Adopted Bronco - Duke Ihenacho

Comment

Originally posted by Flatlander Fan View Post
                    Who are you again?
                    PM me and I'll explain!!!

Originally posted by JakeNbake View Post
                    I also don't get many PM's though when I do they tend to be a good thing. They often spur from a dissagreement or a misunderstanding that has happened between me and another. When talked out they usually end up a lot better. I believe you are right that people are free to be more themselves in a PM, I usually get more heartfelt answers and less general mumbojumbo.

I've also gotten a few (I use the term few but it's really more than that) PM's from some Mods that have something to do with my being bad. I could do without those, but when I get them I'm usually already expecting them anyway.

I have a connection with a few people on this board and we talk in other places which probably limits my number of PM's though if people ever need any advice (it might not always be the best but I'll try to help) Or just an ear (okay more like an eye) to listen to their troubles I'm always here. Even if for some reason you don't believe I like you.
                    Just for clarification.....the pms of which I speak are not of the infraction type.

Then again, some mod pms can be very good........I'm pretty sure

*hope that new dude Remedy doesn't bug me too much!!!*

Comment

I don't know if the stars are aligned, or what it is, but in the past few days I have received some very cool pms from some very good people (you know who you are), and each one has been special.

Thanks to each of you......I have a lot of respect for you folks!!!!!

Comment

It's always great to talk and hear from people. It's always a shame when routine gets in the way of enjoying what's out there. I'm hoping to change that a bit, and enjoy what's in front of me.

Thank you for the good talks and great thoughts! It's a pleasure to be able to slow down and listen.

Last edited by jetrazor74; 05-04-2012, 12:22 AM.
                        Brock you like a hurricane!
                        sigpic
                        Think of a bigger, stronger, more handsome Eli Manning.... That's Fargo.

Comment

To be honest, most PM's I used to get were from mods.... as in infractions.

When I made avy's/sigs I used to get a ton of requests, but have stopped the graphic design work.

Comment

Originally posted by Peerless View Post
                            To be honest, most PM's I used to get were from mods.... as in infractions.

When I made avy's/sigs I used to get a ton of requests, but have stopped the graphic design work.
                            I'm still rocking the one you made me back in the day!
                            :usa: *** God Bless Our Military Men And Women*** :usa:

sigpic
                            Adopted Bronco 2015 CJ Anderson

Comment

Originally posted by Fargo View Post
                              It's always great to talk and hear from people. It's always a shame when routine gets in the way of enjoying what's out there. I'm hoping to change that a bit, and enjoy what's in front of me.

Thank you for the good talks and great thoughts! It's a pleasure to be able to slow down and listen.
                              Glad to hear from you Seth.....see if you can visit more often!:thumb:

Comment

Working...
                              X