Broncos Country Forums, New Stylish Usetstyle for #Firefox, #Chrome

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Broncos Country Forums, New Stylish Usetstyle for #Firefox, #Chrome

Hello fellow board members. For those that remember a few years back the forums went through a pretty heavy redesign. There was a small voice of displeasure about the new theme as some were very much used to the dark blue theme.

Personally, although I appreciate all the hard work that has gone into this rebuild (and being a developer myself), I have some small issues with the aesthetic value of the new theme and I've seen complaints about the overly pink highlights and some issues people are having in regards with readability or just overall don't like the new forum design and theme.

Now you have options. I've created my own theme and am sharing it with you here. It's fairly simple to use and install but requires Firefox or Chrome. Other browsers may be supported and if they are please post that here.

The Goods:

Userstyle Download:
    http://userstyles.org/styles/65119/b...s?r=1336136694

Stylish Download:
    https://addons.mozilla.org/en-US/firefox/addon/stylish/

Report problems or suggestions in this thread. They may not always get updated or addressed immediately but I'll be following along as much as I can to help you out. This is a personal project so I'll do my best.

Hope you all appreciate it and ultimately use it.

Update: All CSS code is available at the userstyles.com link for you guys that want to create your own style from it and post here.
    Last edited by // / yardo; 05-04-2012, 07:27 AM. Reason: update

Thanks! Gonna try this out
    sigpic
    2019 Adopted Bronco: Phillip Lindsay
    2013 Adopt-a-poster: #87Birdman, AZ Snake Fan,
    BSD, Housh, Humcalc and Sophia

Comment

Very nice yardo!
      Originally posted by Broncoholic3233
      FF is awesome!

Comment

Fantastic job Yardo
        sigpic

Comment

Looks awesome, great job!
          Administrator

sigpic

Comment

Great job, yardo!!!!!

Comment

This looks awesome. FYI I've installed + am currently using it on Safari. Great work.

*edit* The only problem I see is with the text + buttons mashed up in an illegible jumble underneath each post (bottom right), where edit/reply/quote would be. However it's still functional presuming you can remember which jumble of icons + letters to click on. *edit the second* Also, if you visit a user profile, the page doesn't display properly. You only see visitor messages.
              Last edited by Sync; 05-05-2012, 12:20 PM.
              sigpic
              - ★ -
              2012 Adopt a Bronco : Joe Mays

Comment

Thank for the feedback guys. Some images arent showing up in the bottom of the post. Will fix when I can. Good to hear it's working on Opera.

I'll show you guys how to use your own background/header in a later post.

Comment

Originally posted by // / yardo View Post
                  Thank for the feedback guys. Some images arent showing up in the bottom of the post. Will fix when I can. Good to hear it's working on Opera.

I'll show you guys how to use your own background/header in a later post.
                  I wanna see now!
                  :usa: *** God Bless Our Military Men And Women*** :usa:

sigpic
                  Adopted Bronco 2015 CJ Anderson

Comment

Originally posted by Frenchy180 View Post
                    I wanna see now!
                    It's pretty simple. You'll need to have your background image uploaded to a website like imageshack.com. And you'll need to know the URL to the image.

In the Firefox add-ons screen click on userstyles. (Tools > Add-ons)

Click "Edit" to edit the CSS code. Look for the following (line 5):

Code:
                    body {
                    	background: #003B6D url("http://db.robyardman.com/images/body-background4.jpg") no-repeat center top !important;
                    	font-family: Arial,Helvetica,sans-serif !important;
                    }
                    Change the http://db.robyardman.com/images/body-background4.jpg URL to your background images URL. Save it. Refresh... Done.

If you have any problems with that let me know.

Note: I updated the CSS to fix the post buttons. Visit the userstyles page and update.

Comment

Originally posted by sSync View Post
                      Also, if you visit a user profile, the page doesn't display properly. You only see visitor messages.
                      I know what the problem is. I'll need to fix later.

Comment

Originally posted by // / yardo View Post
                        Note: I updated the CSS to fix the post buttons. Visit the userstyles page and update.
                        That link 404'd me, but I found the update anyway. Great job, thanks for the fix!
                        sigpic
                        - ★ -
                        2012 Adopt a Bronco : Joe Mays

Comment

Originally posted by sSync View Post
                          That link 404'd me, but I found the update anyway. Great job, thanks for the fix!
                          Should just be the same link posted at the top. I probably copied it wrong.

Comment

I was wondering if you'd do this.... Thank you, yardo.... not many users can say they've actively done something to enhance the user experience of other members here.
                            Thanks, Reid!
                            sigpic
                            Click on my sig to read JetRazor's and my story. Or PM me with any questions.

Comment

Originally posted by LordTrychon View Post
                              I was wondering if you'd do this.... Thank you, yardo.... not many users can say they've actively done something to enhance the user experience of other members here.
                              Fa sho man.

Comment

Working...
                              X