That's What Friends Are For......

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• That's What Friends Are For......

For any of those who have become a "friend", I really appreciate the connection we have. It means the world to me. But just for clarification, there are a few things that come with the friendship, as I am sure you understand. Nothing too difficult, just some basics, as follows:

1) You must be loyal, and therefore positively support any posts initiated by your dear old friend.
    2) And if per chance someone else disagrees or argues with your dear old friend, you must straighten out that poster with some sense of urgency, regardless of whether you approve of your friend's comments. Again.....we're talking loyalty. You understand.
    3) Further......no matter how many posts you have to read, and no matter how lengthy, and even when they are extremely confusing ......you must read them all, and make sure your dear old friend is appreciated. Your responses should reflect your deep respect and admiration for your friend. I mean, we are talking friendship aren't we?
    4) And if your dear old friend happens to ask for the occasional loan, of course you should put that in perspective of the great friendship you have formed, and would never want to lose. That after all, is what friends are for........

(IMPORTANT NOTE: THIS IS ONLY A ONE WAY AGREEMENT, AND IN FAVOUR OF THE OLDER FRIEND.....AND IF YOU HAPPEN TO BE OLDER THAN THE OP, YOU ARE TOO OLD TO UNDERSTAND, AT WHICH POINT THIS WHOLE FRIENDSHIP THING IS NULL AND VOID!!!)

(NOTE #2: BY THE TIME YOU READ THIS, YOUR DEAR OLD FRIEND - OLD AS HE IS, PROBABLY FORGOT ABOUT THIS THREAD AND MAY EVEN CHALLENGE YOU FOR WAKING HIM UP)

Aren't your true friends the ones that tell you things you don't want to hear, but should?

When considering your answer, think about what your 'friends' will tell you about your post.
    sigpic

Comment

Are we talking about the sitcom from the 90's?
      sigpic
      2013 Adopted Bronco - Duke Ihenacho

Comment

Originally posted by 80stheman View Post
        Aren't your true friends the ones that tell you things you don't want to hear, but should?

When considering your answer, think about what your 'friends' will tell you about your post.
        Stop being so intelligent....

GEEZ!!!

Comment

Originally posted by CanDB View Post
          Stop being so intelligent....

GEEZ!!!
          Sorry! BTW, when I friended you I thought I clicked the "No Strings Attached Friendship Request" button.
          sigpic

Comment

Sorry! BTW, when I friended you I thought I clicked the "No Strings Attached Friendship Request" button.
            *tries to delete that button*

Comment

For any of those who have become a "friend", I really appreciate the connection we have. It means the world to me. But just for clarification, there are a few things that come with the friendship, as I am sure you understand. Nothing too difficult, just some basics, as follows:

1) You must be loyal, and therefore positively support any posts initiated by your dear old friend.
              I've got your back, Dave!

2) And if per chance someone else disagrees or argues with your dear old friend, you must straighten out that poster with some sense of urgency, regardless of whether you approve of your friend's comments. Again.....we're talking loyalty. You understand.
              Let me at 'em!
              3) Further......no matter how many posts you have to read, and no matter how lengthy, and even when they are extremely confusing ......you must read them all, and make sure your dear old friend is appreciated. Your responses should reflect your deep respect and admiration for your friend. I mean, we are talking friendship aren't we?
              ummm, what? this was too long & confusing for me to follow...
              4) And if your dear old friend happens to ask for the occasional loan, of course you should put that in perspective of the great friendship you have formed, and would never want to lose. That after all, is what friends are for........
              Can I pay in corn?

(IMPORTANT NOTE: THIS IS ONLY A ONE WAY AGREEMENT, AND IN FAVOUR OF THE OLDER FRIEND.....AND IF YOU HAPPEN TO BE OLDER THAN THE OP, YOU ARE TOO OLD TO UNDERSTAND, AT WHICH POINT THIS WHOLE FRIENDSHIP THING IS NULL AND VOID!!!)
              Dude, no one is older than you!

(NOTE #2: BY THE TIME YOU READ THIS, YOUR DEAR OLD FRIEND - OLD AS HE IS, PROBABLY FORGOT ABOUT THIS THREAD AND MAY EVEN CHALLENGE YOU FOR WAKING HIM UP)
              Oops, sorry for disturbing your nap, friend.
              Originally posted by Broncoholic3233
              FF is awesome!

Comment

*tries to delete that button*
                Too late!!!
                sigpic

Comment

Comment

Originally posted by Flatlander Fan View Post
                    I've got your back, Dave!

Let me at 'em!

ummm, what? this was too long & confusing for me to follow...

Can I pay in corn?

Dude, no one is older than you!

Oops, sorry for disturbing your nap, friend.
                    Go get 'em bud!

And yes....it was tool long and confusing for me too!

Corn is okay, but I want the fresh stuff......none of that 2007 crop you gave me last year!!!

I am older than dirt, that's for sure!

I fell asleep three times after you posted......we're good.

Comment

sigpic

Adopted Posters:
                      Broncbeat - 80stheman - kmcgough25 - InsaneBlaze 23
                      Adopted By:
                      Broncoholic JS & 80stheman
                      Broncbeat

Comment

I think Can just wants some love and respect from his friends, so......

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Thors Hammer View Post
                          Always liked that song!! (was the basis for this thread)

I think Can just wants some love and respect from his friends, so......

Oh no.......not another Canadian thread!!!! Okay........enough.......

But I still like it!!

Comment

Working...
                          X