Clear All

• HUMCALC
    replied
    And people wonder why I've NEVER wanted kids

Leave a comment:

• Oilersfan34
    replied
    Brag photo's.

My 9 year old Logan playing rugby. He has scored 13 tries in 4 games. See previous email about him being insane. He plays like a man.

He ran through this kid, another arm tackle and juked a kid for about a 50 meter try.

My dreams are big for this one!

Leave a comment:

• 350legend
    replied
    U welcome by the way!! Excited to be here!!

Leave a comment:

• 350legend
    replied
    Beautiful family!!! :thumb:

Leave a comment:

• 350legend
    replied
    Lol, its a lot easier with both parnets on board, a lot of the time we get so cuaght up in our work hobbies etc, that life is passing u bye and precious moments r not being witness.

Leave a comment:

• Oilersfan34
    replied
    Originally posted by Flatlander Fan View Post
    A few pics from my son's 8th grade promotion Monday night
    Happy family:

My son walking back to his seat after getting an award certificate:

My son (on right) & a good friend of his:
    Nice. Hope he enjoys his summer before real school starts!

Leave a comment:

• Oilersfan34
    replied
    Originally posted by 350legend View Post
    Im a father of twin girls (which they would be 16 in oct), as a parent its a life time job, and raiseing two @ the same time is never easy. but injoyed every minute of it! Threw out the years i learned some much about them and myself.
    Oh boy I don't envy you mate!

Leave a comment:

• 350legend
    replied
    Im a father of twin girls (which they would be 16 in oct), as a parent its a life time job, and raiseing two @ the same time is never easy. but injoyed every minute of it! Threw out the years i learned some much about them and myself.

Leave a comment:

• Flatlander Fan
    replied
    A few pics from my son's 8th grade promotion Monday night
    Happy family:

My son walking back to his seat after getting an award certificate:

My son (on right) & a good friend of his:

Leave a comment:

• Jaws
    replied
    Oldest follows Man U & Barca. Youngest loves Man U. Makes for some interesting banter in the old household since I'm a Chelsea supporter.

Of course, I think they're both more of fans of exciting players on those teams(Messi, Xavi, Rooney, Nani, etc.) than they are of specific teams so there's not too much drama around results.
    We're a mixed bag when it comes to teams as well.
    Me i'm Liverpool, son is Aston Villa, Dad Man U, Sis Arsenal and Bro Everton!

Leave a comment:

• Flatlander Fan
    replied
    Originally posted by Oilersfan34 View Post
    Grats. But he clearly is being raised by great parents. The credit is yours I think.
    Thanks for the kind words O34.

Leave a comment:

• Oilersfan34
    replied
    My 14 year old son just finished 8th grade. His school's "promotion" ceremony was last night. It was wonderful to see him stand time & time again to be recognized for his academic achievements throughout his jr. high years. Straight A's all three years, High Honors, Presidential Scholar, Language Arts award recipient were all things he stood for.

What a blessing he is to us!
    Grats. But he clearly is being raised by great parents. The credit is yours I think.

Leave a comment:

• Flatlander Fan
    replied
    My 14 year old son just finished 8th grade. His school's "promotion" ceremony was last night. It was wonderful to see him stand time & time again to be recognized for his academic achievements throughout his jr. high years. Straight A's all three years, High Honors, Presidential Scholar, Language Arts award recipient were all things he stood for.

What a blessing he is to us!

Leave a comment:

• Flatlander Fan
    replied
    Originally posted by Jaws View Post
    Which soccer teams do your boys root for?
    Oldest follows Man U & Barca. Youngest loves Man U. Makes for some interesting banter in the old household since I'm a Chelsea supporter.

Of course, I think they're both more of fans of exciting players on those teams(Messi, Xavi, Rooney, Nani, etc.) than they are of specific teams so there's not too much drama around results.

Leave a comment:

• Zealander
    replied
    Originally posted by CanDB View Post
    I think the thing that is hard about parenting is that you want your kids to learn overnight what took you years to understand. And even if you help them avoid mistakes, which is a good thing after all, sometimes they DO have to learn for themselves. So it's a catch 22 sometimes, wanting your kids to learn for themselves while wanting to help them bi pass a lot of steps along the way. There is a proper balance somewhere in between, but that is easier said than done.
    I am 23 with a close relationship with my dad. The dynamic you are talking about is fun to grow up to. My pop is a stern guy, and nowadays as a young man start really learn some of the things my dad knows, but he never really bothers to tell me. I am sure he sees it: there are things in life you have to experience first hand, you have to see things for oneself. Thing he did well in my opinion is always pushing into new things and working harder, until my own passions in life developed. Then he just kinda let me go and provides guidance when things get a little hectic... basically that means he brow beats when I'm overlooking things.

Stern SOB, sorta guy who will always gave me the idea you're not doing good enough... until he spills the beans in just a sentence or two to the tune of a different perspective.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X