• Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Flatlander Fan View Post
    A few pics from my son's 8th grade promotion Monday night
    Happy family:

My son walking back to his seat after getting an award certificate:

My son (on right) & a good friend of his:
    Nice. Hope he enjoys his summer before real school starts!
    Family, country, rugby, football

I posted in the epic Peyton's NeckBones thread and all I got was this lousy T-Shirt!

Comment

Lol, its a lot easier with both parnets on board, a lot of the time we get so cuaght up in our work hobbies etc, that life is passing u bye and precious moments r not being witness.
      sigpic

Comment

Beautiful family!!! :thumb:
        sigpic

Comment

U welcome by the way!! Excited to be here!!
          sigpic

Comment

Brag photo's.

My 9 year old Logan playing rugby. He has scored 13 tries in 4 games. See previous email about him being insane. He plays like a man.

He ran through this kid, another arm tackle and juked a kid for about a 50 meter try.

My dreams are big for this one!

I posted in the epic Peyton's NeckBones thread and all I got was this lousy T-Shirt!

Comment

And people wonder why I've NEVER wanted kids
              "Happiness is just an illusion, filled with sadness and confusion." Jimmy Ruffin

Comment

Originally posted by Oilersfan34 View Post
                Brag photo's.

My 9 year old Logan playing rugby. He has scored 13 tries in 4 games. See previous email about him being insane. He plays like a man.

He ran through this kid, another arm tackle and juked a kid for about a 50 meter try.

My dreams are big for this one!
                13 tries in 4 games is amazing! We better sign him right now for one of our regional sides here in Wales He looks very competitive and not lacking in grit!

Comment

Originally posted by Jaws View Post
                  13 tries in 4 games is amazing! We better sign him right now for one of our regional sides here in Wales He looks very competitive and not lacking in grit!

Dont get me wrong Jaws... I love watching the Welsh play. But this boy is an Eagle. :thumb:

I am seriously competitive and he seems to have inherited that. When that ball gets kicked he hits this switch and he gets mean. Fun to watch...if your not a parent or kid from the other team. Comment from opposing parent on Saturday, "oh great that kid has the ball again, might as well just give him the bleeping try now"

Comment

Since you like rugby.

I coach U-13's and have 8 kids on my team (most others have 10-12) which gives me 1 sub if they all show up or if not we play with 7 or even a man down (like 2 weeks ago) and we were down 6 to 1 with 7 minutes left (we play 4--- 7 minute quarters) and we scored 5 tries (the last one on the last play of the match) and we won 1.5 minutes into OT.

I aint going to lie i actually broke up a little when talking to the kids. I have never witnessed such a quick turn around in any game I have ever seen.

For those that dont get rugby lets say the Broncos were down 42-7 and scored 5 TD's in 7 minutes then won it in OT.

Thats exactly what they did.

we are 1-1 in league now and should play pretty well the rest of the year.

Comment

Cool pic, O34.

I just finished up my coaching stint for my older boy (pics of him in this thread). He heads to high school in the fall. I've coached him since he was a 4yo (10 years!!). I can say without reservation that I teared up after our final game on Sunday afternoon as I watched his teammates & him walk back across the field after being congratulated by the parents.
                      Originally posted by Broncoholic3233
                      FF is awesome!

Comment

Originally posted by Flatlander Fan View Post
                        Cool pic, O34.

I just finished up my coaching stint for my older boy (pics of him in this thread). He heads to high school in the fall. I've coached him since he was a 4yo (10 years!!). I can say without reservation that I teared up after our final game on Sunday afternoon as I watched his teammates & him walk back across the field after being congratulated by the parents.
                        Thats awesome Flats. It has its rewards and disadvantages but I have always enjoyed coaching my kids and doing the best I could to make sure I didn't treat them any better (or worse) than anyone elses.

Although sometimes its easier to get on your own kid if they are jacking around.

Comment

Originally posted by Oilersfan34 View Post
                          Since you like rugby.

I coach U-13's and have 8 kids on my team (most others have 10-12) which gives me 1 sub if they all show up or if not we play with 7 or even a man down (like 2 weeks ago) and we were down 6 to 1 with 7 minutes left (we play 4--- 7 minute quarters) and we scored 5 tries (the last one on the last play of the match) and we won 1.5 minutes into OT.

I aint going to lie i actually broke up a little when talking to the kids. I have never witnessed such a quick turn around in any game I have ever seen.

For those that dont get rugby lets say the Broncos were down 42-7 and scored 5 TD's in 7 minutes then won it in OT.

Thats exactly what they did.

we are 1-1 in league now and should play pretty well the rest of the year.
                          Some comeback! Exhilarating to watch I'm sure. You should be well set for the season with a set of players that have that never say die attitude.

Comment

Originally posted by Jaws View Post
                            Some comeback! Exhilarating to watch I'm sure. You should be well set for the season with a set of players that have that never say die attitude.
                            It was awesome Jaws. Experience will be the big issue as we play several teams in the next couple of weeks that return full teams. But I know my boys wont quit and thats a pretty good thing to have.

BTW. Does your son still play?

Comment

Another Brag.

Both son's were selected as Scrum Halves for the Denver Select Side Teams. We will be playing a couple games over the summer against other states select sides.

For those that aren't into rugby its basically an All-Star team. My 12 year old was selected out of almost 250 players and my 9 year old almost 325. My 12 year was also selected to play with the U13 / 15's a side in the fall.

Comment

Some pics!

Comment

Working...
                                X